Whats the furthest you've overclocked a cpu or gpu over its stock clock open thread

holy crap how much further can you opush the 4790k on that cooling setup i would think a ton

I sold all that cooling stuff along with the 3930k + 780s but I think when I finish water cooling this build I'll be able to hit 5.2 maybe, 5 GHz was only somewhat stable with the212 and the temps were to high to get it stable. I think ill delid it and mount a water block directly on the die to see what I can push it to

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I "overclocked" an old Core 2 Duo by getting a different CPU (waste of 12 dollars), but I just got my i5-4670k up to 4.4Ghz stable on an ASRock Pro4. Anything higher than that crashes, not sure why.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

anything to 85c is perfectly ok

why do I keep crashing? I put the voltage to 1.305 and move it up to 4.4 ghz and i get a blue screen is it the temperatures? 

why do I keep crashing? I put the voltage to 1.305 and move it up to 4.4 ghz and i get a blue screen is it the temperatures? 

Im not the right guy to ask, i have a stock cooler on a 4770k and have no clue how to OC :)  

I think that just means its a unstable clock. I dont know how to fix it though.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I've gotten my 990x up to 5.0GHz cpuz validated, passed 6hours of intel burn test and also ran AIDA64. but there is no need so I just run it at a easy over clock at 4.5GHz Running a 420mm rad thats 60mm thick with push pull fans

Case:NZXT Switch 810
Moatherboard: Gigabyte G1 Guerrilla
CPU Chip Intel I7 990x Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz
24Gigs of Dominator DDR3 Ram
256Gb Samsung Evo SSD
320gb Raptor Drive
2-1Tb hard drives
1,000watt PowerTrain powersupply 
Nvidia Geforce GTX680
420mm radiator for water cooling
Logitech G510s keyboard/G700s mouse.
and there is more but not gonna put all of it, to much this is the basics lol

Here's a link to some picture I took a long time ago I've changed a few things since these pictures were taken.

AMD A6 3670k from 2.7 to 3.2 but didnt leave it cause i have a stock cooler.,and got a bit hot while playing :P

AMD A6 3670k from 2.7 to 3.2 but didnt leave it cause i have a stock cooler.,and got a bit hot while playing :P

i cant even oc my cpu on stock as it throttles with the stock cooler

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i cant even oc my cpu on stock as it throttles with the stock cooler

im using my A6 with stock cooler at 3Ghz no probs :P

Intel C2Q Q6700 from 2.66 to 4.2, an extra 1.5GHz

http://valid.x86.fr/h2jyg6

I was rocking 1.9V on air for that bad boy, only good for a screenshot

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Intel C2Q Q6600 from 2.66 to 4.2, and extra 1.5GHz

I was rocking 1.9V on air for that bad boy, only good for a screenshot

yea what were temps io could imagine that they were through the roof

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

yea what were temps io could imagine that they were through the roof

67C idle

I was right to the limit, the processor wont even really go 3.8 anymore, it was fairly stable at 3.8 1.5V before.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

67C idle

I was right to the limit, the processor wont even really go 3.8 anymore, it was fairly stable at 3.8 1.5V before.

understandable

my i5 was oc'ed by 57% from 3.4 to 5.35. i normally keep it at 47%

my pentium g3258 was oc'ed by 56.25% from 3.2 to just over 5ghz. its normally at 53%

my 2ghz celeron got from 2ghz to 3.1ghz which is 55%.

most of my gpu's are clocked high from the factory so anything i put on top is small, my 7970 lightning can barely do 8% my 670 can't manage 12% :/

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

What country is it based in as i haven't seen any of them in the us

http://www.gainward.com/main/about.php?id=2

Seems to originally be from california, but

"2000 Gainward establishes its operation Gainward Europe in Germany."

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

My i7 920 from 2.66 to 3.8 stable (that's a 43% increase!), but I turned it down to 3.6 w/ 3.96 Turbo because single core performance is more important and the temps/volts were less. i7 920s are known to easily go higher, but mine is getting on in years and was running on the stock cooler (in other wards: way too temps) for too long so I don't really want to push it that hard. I'm also only air cooled using an Evo 212.

http://www.gainward.com/main/about.php?id=2

Seems to originally be from california, but

"2000 Gainward establishes its operation Gainward Europe in Germany."

THAT MAKES SENSE

I overclocked my AMD A6-3650 from being able to go to 2.6GHz stock to 4... on air... in an HP

it's been that way for a few months and still runs great

PC gaming is superior to console gaming, but the gamers themselves are neither superior or inferior to one another: they're just people with varying degrees of understanding.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I also enjoy watching SinusTechTips with @Puke_Lafr (from WAN Show Afterparty)

Got my 3770k to the 4.9ghz. Just ran benchmarks quickly, then get back to the stock :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

• 2 weeks later...

Veteran

• photo-55794.gif?_r=1405950623
  • 4,450 posts
User's Awards
fold_mem.png   

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

A8 5600k 3.6ghz -> 5.6ghz air cooled

17 Year old tech enthusiast in the UK. Works part time as Tech support 

How did you manage this? I also have an A8 5600K I'd also like to raise it without harming life span too much. No Discrete GPU as yet but hoping to get the Gigabyte R9 280x in the near future

SPECs

Mobo: G1 Sniper A88X

Ram: AMD R9 (2x4GB) DDR3-2133

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 21 EVO

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DMh23

Very loose RAM timings, painstakingly trying every FSB combo, lots of time, voltage and cooling! I have a screenshot knocking around if you're interested? :)

Very loose RAM timings, painstakingly trying every FSB combo, lots of time, voltage and cooling! I have a screenshot knocking around if you're interested? :)

yea i would be interested in what you pumped into the chip