Thinking about getting a PS4, good time for it?

WolfDeville

Hey guys. As the title says I am thinking about getting a PS4, but is now a good time or should I wait for Sony to release a newer revision? And what are some major exclusives coming out?

Cheers.

Why would you get a PS4?

Haha

Get out

Edit: jk

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Any time is a good time to buy a console in my books. It's unlikely a new revision will be out soon, and I'm unclear on exclusives.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I.. Must... Resist...

PC MASTER RACE

Sorry :(

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Any time is a good time to buy a console in my books. It's unlikely a new revision will be out soon, and I'm unclear on exclusives.

Only exclusive I know of is MLB 14 The Show.

XBone master race also yeah sure if you got a deal on it 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hey guys. As the title says I am thinking about getting a PS4, but is now a good time or should I wait for Sony to release a newer revision? And what are some major exclusives coming out?

Cheers.

I would definitely wait for the first revision. There are no games for it worth playing...Infamous....and......uhhh....is there even a second game?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

if you want to play the exclusives, go for it.

but if you dont want te exclusives, there is no real reason in my opinion

if you get a console, i would go with the ps4, because it has better performance, and the xbone doesnt use the xbox 360 controller, which was my favorite ever

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I.. Must... Resist...

PC MASTER RACE

Sorry :(

Console forums.....

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Console forums.....

Eh sorry.. I'm new here, didn't see it was posted in console gaming. Sorry folks

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

There is nothing exclusive worth playing on potatoes right now(and probably ever, when developers realized how stupid exclusives are in this age and maybe with M$ and $ony ran out of their bags of money).

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Not really unless you get one for cheap to derp around with your console buddies

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I really want to play Last of Us and the new Silent Hills game when it comes out (I'm pretty sure SH will be a PS4 exclusive), theres also Uncharted 4 :P

Get a used one now IMO (or new if you can afford it)

I mean, his PC is already pretty killer. Consoles are great for casual gaming

Yeah I might pickup a new one, this store had them on sale for $400 the other day hopefully its still going. Thanks for actually helping instead of going all PCMasterRace on me haha. 

if you want to play the exclusives, go for it.

but if you dont want te exclusives, there is no real reason in my opinion

if you get a console, i would go with the ps4, because it has better performance, and the xbone doesnt use the xbox 360 controller, which was my favorite ever

Yeah exclusives are the only reason why I want one. Yeah I would never touch an Xbox One, disgusting... And I agree, 360 controller was the best ever :D

I would buy one for the last guardian.

Why would you get a PS4?

Playing games, smartass.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I picked one up a week ago for the exclusives but also to watch Netflix and Now TV (UK service) and it's not that bad. I quite like the casual gaming experience on the sofa and being able to play the exclusives. I was kinda supprised at how it looks too, the graphics were better than I expected, Obviously not PC master race standard but meh and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Although my biggest grudge is PS Plus which you need to play online... which sucks... especially when the servers still go down... and can be quite slow.

Ultimately, if you want one, get one, they aren't that bad. *waits for the hate*

Right now there are not many must have games, just one according to me The Last of Us (if you have not played it on the ps3). Some games coming this fall, although most of them are coming for PCs as well. 

I would buy one for the last guardian.

Playing games, smartass.

He means, why buy a console if you have something else that does the job ten times better

I picked one up a week ago for the exclusives but also to watch Netflix and Now TV (UK service) and it's not that bad. I quite like the casual gaming experience on the sofa and being able to play the exclusives. I was kinda supprised at how it looks too, the graphics were better than I expected, Obviously not PC master race standard but meh and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Although my biggest grudge is PS Plus which you need to play online... which sucks... especially when the servers still go down... and can be quite slow.

Ultimately, if you want one, get one, they aren't that bad. *waits for the hate*

I don't intend on playing online anyway, just singleplayer games.

He means, why buy a console if you have something else that does the job ten times better

Except that the PC doesn't do anything 10 times better and an additional console can be enjoyed anyway, if you're not a brainwashed little kid. If he has the money to spare and wants to get a PS4, then we all can be pretty sure that he knows what he's doing.

There are people who drive an original Mini Cooper even though they could afford a BMW. People like things for various reasons and "power" hardly ever is the most important thing.

Why do people eat McDonalds even though they could live off of much cheaper rice and potatoes, instead? Do you walk up to people and tell them what to eat, too?

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Except that the PC doesn't do anything 10 times better and an additional console can be enjoyed anyway, if you're not a brainwashed little kid. If he has the money to spare and wants to get a PS4, then we all can be pretty sure that he knows what he's doing.

There are people who drive an original Mini Cooper even though they could afford a BMW. People like things for various reasons and "power" hardly ever is the most important thing.

Why do people eat McDonalds even though they could live off of much cheaper rice and potatoes, instead? Do you walk up to people and tell them what to eat, too?

Besides that, a PC does everything a console does, and more. It won't do it 10 times better of course, that was exaggeration. It will still do the job much better than a console. You cannot deny it

I really want to play Last of Us and the new Silent Hills game when it comes out (I'm pretty sure SH will be a PS4 exclusive), theres also Uncharted 4 :P

Then go for it.

I bought the Xbone and I don't regret a cent.

144Hz goodness

Me personally, I always wait at least two full years before diving into a console. This way, all of the bugs/technical glitches will likely be worked out by that time. This also means that the system will have all of the major updates already released for full connectivity.

Another benefit of waiting two full years after the console is released is that the game library build up will likely be much much better than it currently is now. If you dive in now, it could possibly be an issue a month or so later when you've run out of games to play and the upcoming releases are either far away or just not many. For a more detailed explanation of why this could be a problem on the PS4 watch this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqS36NDuv30&list=UUQeWZ0ninG-2pzlaenh2ECw  

It's very insightful, I highly recommend you watch that video. And truly listen to what he says. Nonetheless, if you really enjoy PlayStation games and find yourself wanting to play some exclusives on the PS4 and you just can't wait any longer, then go right ahead and take the plunge. 

I'm sure you will have a good time. But if not, I'd say the smart thing to do is just to wait a little longer.  :)