EA has 3 year plan, wants 'player-first culture'

rafbanaan

Andrew Willson will celebrate his first year as CEO of EA next week. In an interview at GamesBeat Conference he said some of the following. Mostly is copy pasta of polygon, don't EA me for this! 

First of all a little joke:

"I still have a job," he jokes. "Which is an accomplishment in itself."

He continues with: 

The first is to re-establish a player-first culture in the company. The focus is on the player and the people enjoying the entertainment you produce. That is the most important thing and I want to get back to that. The second prong is digital, which will surprise few people, as his company watches traditional retail revenues tail off, while sales — particularly DLC sales through stuff like Ultimate Teams — soars."

The last one is for in the company internal:

"Every person at EA has to accept responsibility for deepening and nurturing the relationship with the player."

He talked about the importance of creating new original games and the quality:

The first question we ask is 'What are we doing that is new?'" He said that Battlefield: Hardline was delayed in order to create something in the game that innovated on its basic premise, armed cops and robbers fighting in urban environments. Polish is the absence of things that might detract from a good experience," he said, adding that Dragon Age: Inquisition had been delayed for a few weeks, earlier this year, in order to iron out bugs.

Last:

Wilson said that consumers can only be happy if they receive more than they pay for. "When they give you $20 for something, they expect something that is worth more than $20 in return. You always have to get to the point where they feel like what they get in return is greater than what they put in."

It seems he wants to change the course of EA into something more consumer friendly. If he indeed want to achieve these goals I support him. It's ofcource EA, so time will tell.

Source (including the interview):

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/15/6152953/ea-chief-three-year-plan

LOL, they think BF4 was $20... GG EA, I have but one finger for you.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

actions are better then word, lets see what happens.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Here's an idea EA. Stop making stupid decisions. And drop consoles all together. Become a PC only developer.

yeah great idea, let them lose a bunch of money by ignoring the consoles, they should give better pc support but dropping the consoles is retarded.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

yeah great idea, let them lose a bunch of money by ignoring the consoles, they should give better pc support but dropping the consoles is retarded.

Agreed, they have the money to service all 3, the pitfall of major publishers who can do fund this at the moment seems to be playing the parity card to drive sales of the current consoles.

I'm looking at you ubisoft.

Well the they should at least give each platform equal priority, instead of always releasing everything for console together, and then releasing pc a few months later.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Beware the Greeks, especially when they bear gifts.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

7483f80f1b552b9a6d601b2a6f13d10d22d1177d

Until it happens EA, I won't believe a word of it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Let's see: Releasing games and then putting up pay gates so people can't play, releasing broke games and still trying to fix them a year later, trying a monthly subscription to play their games, etc. Doesn't sound like a "player-first" culture to me. Sounds like EA searching for the next cash cow and how to monetize every little thing they do. I am not against a company making money, after all, creating games is expensive and not all of them make money. What I am against is them not doing it honestly and with a bit of tact.

I7-4790K OC @ 4.7, Asus Maximus VII Hero, 16gb 2133hz Corsair Vengence, 780 GTX SC (2), 250gb Samsung 840 SSD (2), Phanteks Luxe Pro Chassis, EVGA Supernova P2 1200W,MCP655-PWM pump with Bitspower fittings and upgrade kit, 360, 240 EK Radiators, all other watercooling is EK products

Let's see: Releasing games and then putting up pay gates so people can't play, releasing broke games and still trying to fix them a year later, trying a monthly subscription to play their games, etc. Doesn't sound like a "player-first" culture to me. Sounds like EA searching for the next cash cow and how to monetize every little thing they do. I am not against a company making money, after all, creating games is expensive and not all of them make money. What I am against is them not doing it honestly and with a bit of tact.

Don't forget taking old popular games down to force people to buy the sequels

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ufbr5ej.gif

I think he confused "player" with "shareholder"

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

You must've missed the part where this about going forward. Trying reading again.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

EA hasn't been really bad to players lately (except Maxis fucking things up again with Sims) so he might have a point there.

We should start seeing the good things in this company instead of the bad things

144Hz goodness

Let's just hope that this turns out to be the truth, and that EA is actually caring about what customers say for now.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

actions are better then word, lets see what happens.

they say things like this all the time, waiting only shows that they have a new game that people are buying

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I'll believe it when i see it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

they say things like this all the time, waiting only shows that they have a new game that people are buying

im treating this like as if Microsoft said meaning i dont really care but ill start caring if something of note happens.

Listen if you care.

John R. said similar things when he began his second term as CEO. While EA made some strides for a short time it all went to he'll when they remembered they could make money by doing everything wrong while they were losing money trying to be better.

BS article from a BS source.

BS comment from a BS commenter.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

BS comment from a BS commenter.

Grow up and get over it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

LOL, they think BF4 was $20... GG EA, I have but one finger for you.

I miss the days when a quality game was released for $10 - $20 on day 1 because there was never any option to patch it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552