Need HELP with new gaming laptop

mhzeisel
Go to solution Solved by Hulk,

The Lenovo Y50 and Sagers are pretty good values in my honest opinion. If I did have to choose though and if I was willing to break my back over time, I would go for the either the Y510P from Lenovo or the Sager NP8298 (I recommend getting your Sager from LPC Digital). Based on what I've read (opposite of what I've experienced in India), the US support for ASUS is pretty bad. MSi fails to hit a value proposition in my opinion, so that's out too. Alternatively,  I hope this helps!  :)

If you are fine going mSATA for your SSD, don't mind compromising a bit on performance and going external for your blu ray, consider the Sager NP7338 (sells for around 950USD @LPC Digital) . It's a beast for its size :)

PS- Guys, he wants a laptop. Laptops are better than desktops for portability hands down, and that is probably what he is looking at. You won't go carrying a mini itX gaming PC to your university lecture now will you?  :D

Hey, I'm looking for  a gaming laptop between $1000-$1500

Must Haves                                                         Wish list

15 "                                                                      16 gb ram

Back lit keyboard                                                 870m   

i7                                                                         SSD and Hard drive

at least 12 gb ram                                              would prefer a 17"                                    

at least 860m                                                     blue ray player

1tb HD

I have been looking at the ASUS ROG750JS, MSI G70 Series, and Lenovo Y50. Sager NP8278-S...Im open for all recommendations or input on these laptops.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I can not have  desktop no room in my current house to place a desktop. Need something mobile.

My advise: Buy a working laptop and a decent gamer pc.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

I have no room in my current house for a desktop.. Need it to be mobile

I have no room in my current house for a desktop.. Need it to be mobile

How about a mini-ITX build? Do you really need a laptop? Is space really a problem?

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

The Lenovo Y50 and Sagers are pretty good values in my honest opinion. If I did have to choose though and if I was willing to break my back over time, I would go for the either the Y510P from Lenovo or the Sager NP8298 (I recommend getting your Sager from LPC Digital). Based on what I've read (opposite of what I've experienced in India), the US support for ASUS is pretty bad. MSi fails to hit a value proposition in my opinion, so that's out too. Alternatively,  I hope this helps!  :)

If you are fine going mSATA for your SSD, don't mind compromising a bit on performance and going external for your blu ray, consider the Sager NP7338 (sells for around 950USD @LPC Digital) . It's a beast for its size :)

PS- Guys, he wants a laptop. Laptops are better than desktops for portability hands down, and that is probably what he is looking at. You won't go carrying a mini itX gaming PC to your university lecture now will you?  :D

yes.. no place for monitors. roommate has only desk in apartment and can not put a desk anywhere else. so just need something mobile I can do at table or go over gf house or lan party or work with ...because if I was able to I have to buy desk chair monitor keyboard mouse and I don't go cheap so I figured could put that money into a decent laptop.

Yes im really considering the Sager NP8278-S . at exotic PC for $1500 it comes with 16 gb ram... 870 M , I7 4810, 1 tb .. 128 msata. and blue ray drive