Opinions on these 3 cases

Wingfan

Ive narrowed my choices to these 3. All are relatively close in price. I plan on using a 240 AIO in the future when I upgrade my CPU.

All 3 look descent, and have alot to offer.

Thanks for comments

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Tough choice,

All of those are great :/

If you want the most flamboyance, air 240

If you want the most sleek, fractal mini

If you want good looks 350d

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

350D is absolutely sexy with great features. R2 is great for a sleek, silent under the desk rig. AIR 240 is very subjective, if you like the looks its a strong option.

I would normally say air 240 for the great looks and airflow since it doesn't use the flawed method of placing the HDD cages in front but since you want a 240 rad,i don't think there's enough space to put it up top so the alternative would be to place it in the front which is bad for the GPU since it will be dumping hot air in the case.

Uh,350D vs ARC mini..That's a tough choice.Both are great,choose what you find the most attractive.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

350d cuz its cute

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

760T/780MASTERRACE

But I'd take 240 just becouse I like the looks

350D or Mini R2...

I have a small desk so these are good choices for me...

There's also the 5.25" bays for putting in fan controllers or disc drives later...

Thanks for the replies

Can the Fractal support a 240 up top with fans? it also comes with a fan controler

The Air 240 can mount fans on the bottom so if i dont Crossfire i can use those

None of these are on sale right now at Newegg (have a gift card) so i have time i guess, going to be a very tough decision!

Thanks again

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Good to see people aren't blindly voting for the Fractal case. Air 240 seems nice. If your going for a Matx case, check this little bad boy out

Can't wait until it comes out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Thanks for the replies

Can the Fractal support a 240 up top with fans? it also comes with a fan controler

Thanks again

yes, it can support upto a filtered 360 in the roof.

26111847917l.jpg

fractal4.jpg

@airdeano that second pic is pretty badass

@Trik'Stari thats a nice case, more than what i need right now, when will they be shipping?

@Wingfan

that was CES 2013 on the Fractal Design Arc Mini launch. viably the most versatile

mATX on the market. anxious airflow for air cooling and functional radiator support

for water cooling. removable drives, easy access front filter, small foot-print, dual

SSD mounts on the mobo tray, windowed, and can be found on sale somewhere.

@airdeano that second pic is pretty badass

@Trik'Stari thats a nice case, more than what i need right now, when will they be shipping?

We don't know. I just know my loins are frothing (even though I'm a man) for it. I love cases with dual rear exhaust.

@Wingfan

that was CES 2013 on the Fractal Design Arc Mini launch. viably the most versatile

mATX on the market. anxious airflow for air cooling and functional radiator support

for water cooling. removable drives, easy access front filter, small foot-print, dual

SSD mounts on the mobo tray, windowed, and can be found on sale somewhere.

I feel like the Enthoo Primo Mini XL will be taking that title when it finally releases

Have it narrowed down to the Air 240 and Fractal.....

@Trik'Stari any idea of the pricing?

Its a very nice case, oohh the possibilities! lol Im guessing the cost will be on the higher end, but i expect to see some really crazy builds with it

Have it narrowed down to the Air 240 and Fractal.....

@Trik'Stari any idea of the pricing?

On the Mini XL? No one knows, I made a topic about it requesting info, no one knew anything other than they want it.

On the Mini XL? No one knows, I made a topic about it requesting info, no one knew anything other than they want it.

It's almost the size of an atx case tho...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Arc Mini R2 was $69.99 USD back in July I think...but it's $99.99 on Amazon at the moment. =(

I prefer the solidity of the Mini, and it's conventional design.  And I really dislike the PCIe bracket system that Corsair used on the Air 240. You can see in all the reviews that the GPUs sag excessively.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

The Mini-XL is the same size as a regular case.. The naming scheme confuses a lot of people it seems like.

It's a regular size case which supports 2x motherboards, one being a miniITX and the other being a microATX. 

The Corsair 350D is not worth it, features/price ratio is poor on this case.

Air 240 i don't have any comments for, as i have not yet worked with it.

So the clear winner for me is the Arc Mini R2 from Fractal Design, not only is the build quality great, the feature set and amount of air cooling/liquid cooling options you have in this little badboy is great.

I feel like the Enthoo Primo Mini XL will be taking that title when it finally releases

No it won't because it is not a mATX standard sized case.. Any case that supports normal ATX can hold a mATX board - Phanteks just decided to make room for both a mATX and a mITX in one system instead of a regular E-ATX or XL-ATX chassis in this particular case..

It's almost the size of an atx case tho...

So what? It's sexy, it's moddable, etc.

The Mini-XL is the same size as a regular case.. The naming scheme confuses a lot of people it seems like.

It's a regular size case which supports 2x motherboards, one being a miniITX and the other being a microATX. 

The Corsair 350D is not worth it, features/price ratio is poor on this case.

Air 240 i don't have any comments for, as i have not yet worked with it.

So the clear winner for me is the Arc Mini R2 from Fractal Design, not only is the build quality great, the feature set and amount of air cooling/liquid cooling options you have in this little badboy is great.

No it won't because it is not a mATX standard sized case.. Any case that supports normal ATX can hold a mATX board - Phanteks just decided to make room for both a mATX and a mITX in one system instead of a regular E-ATX or XL-ATX chassis in this particular case..

It's also moddable, it's not just meant to hold two motherboards you know. It also has better cooling than the fractal case, and it doesn't look like crap like all fractal cases.

It's also moddable, it's not just meant to hold two motherboards you know. It also has better cooling than the fractal case, and it doesn't look like crap like all fractal cases.

You kinda miss the point of OP's request don't you? He is obviously looking for a smaller form factor case. You could as well just tell him to take the Corsair 900D - some would say it's sexy (my personal opinion is NO), but it supports mATX as well, why not just take that one? ;)

the evolv would be better,

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You kinda miss the point of OP's request don't you? He is obviously looking for a smaller form factor case. You could as well just tell him to take the Corsair 900D - some would say it's sexy (my personal opinion is NO), but it supports mATX as well, why not just take that one? ;)

1. He's interested in the Mini XL.

the evolv would be better,

Doesn't look as good or have as good of cooling. I for one like the dual rear exhaust fans, and moddability of the case.

Correction: He did say it was more than he needed. Still its a nice case, and it's classified as an Matx case

I vote 350D. I have it and love the snot out of it. 

Plus with only a little modification you can fit two 280mm rad's into it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro