help with new gaming laptop

Go to solution Solved by mhzeisel,

If you go for a Sager NP8278-S or a MSI GT70 you could afford a laptop with a GTX 870m at that budget. I'd prefer the Sager personally.

Need help finding a new gaming laptop, looked at a few. Looking to spend no more then $1500 but would like to stay around $1000. I have been looking at a ASUS g750jm, Lenovo y50 , Msi gs70... I want it to have a back lit keyboard, at least 15" but prefer a 17". Would like at least 12 gb of memory (ram) a 1 tb hard drive, would like but don't need a ssd, would like to have above a 860m I'm willing to sacrifice some but really want a 17" with back lit keyboard and a 870m gpu with a sad.  Need it to be quiet as well...PLEASE HELP!!! all suggestions are considered

If you go for a Sager NP8278-S or a MSI GT70 you could afford a laptop with a GTX 870m at that budget. I'd prefer the Sager personally.

Lenovo y50 is a great one, you could even get the 4k model for around $200 more.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Can you upgrade the ram. And why if this your recommendation

Yup, Sager laptops are very upgradeable. If you buy from a website like Digital Storm, Xotic PC, or Sager itself you can customize the hardware however you want.

I prefer the Sager over the MSI because I like the dual fan for the CPU/GPU over the single fan in the MSI. I also like the physical appearance better.

Lenovo y50 is a great one, you could even get the 4k model for around $200 more.

ehh the 4k model aint as good as it may sound, and ever since i got the blade its been nice to have a high res screen but sometimes i wish they had just put a regular 1080p or 1440p panel on it to make life easer :/ windows and many third party apps arent quite ready for it yet, more so the third party apps than windows itself.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

One thing I meant to put in my original post is I want it to be relitvely quite that's one reason I like the Asus ROG G750 series

Yup, Sager laptops are very upgradeable. If you buy from a website like Digital Storm, Xotic PC, or Sager itself you can customize the hardware however you want.

I prefer the Sager over the MSI because I like the dual fan for the CPU/GPU over the single fan in the MSI. I also like the physical appearance better.

Is the sager quite ?

According to benchmarks on notebookcheck.com the G750 is about the same at idle, but a few dB quoter under load. I own the Sager laptop, and while the fans are certainly audible while gaming, I find them bearable.