R9 270x low core clock while gaming

Nacho588425

Hi, I just bought a Gigabyte R9 270x and I'm having some problems. The core clock is usually 1100Mhz but in Batman Arkham Origins the core clock goes down to 300Mhz or 450Mhz, usually in the cutscenes and thats really annoying because the FPS go down to 10... It's just in the cutscenes, when I'm playing it goes back to 1100Mhz... is there any way to force it to stay at 1100Mhz? At least when I'm gaming

disable ULPS via afterburner

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Still the same problem

did you reboot?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hi, I just bought a Gigabyte R9 270x and I'm having some problems. The core clock is usually 1100Mhz but in Batman Arkham Origins the core clock goes down to 300Mhz or 450Mhz, usually in the cutscenes and thats really annoying because the FPS go down to 10... It's just in the cutscenes, when I'm playing it goes back to 1100Mhz... is there any way to force it to stay at 1100Mhz? At least when I'm gaming

nope bro, i guess not, tried a lot of time with my nvidia card, u enjoy ur game atleast.......

I think its an issue with the cutscenes because

it thinks it doesn't take that much power to render so it saves power/temps and turns itself down I don't this as a bad thing really but thats just me

I don't know of any way to fix this maybe run a game in the background to keep it running like battlefield 3 on low or something to make it not so bad

Overclocking by like 1mhz could fix it. Try updating your drivers/reinstalling them. 

For 2D rendering the R9 270x core clock goes down to 300-450 Mhz, nothing is wrong, just the game decided to use 2D cut-scenes which a 1100 Mhz core clock would be overkill for. You could set the card to run at a higher clock speed when rendering 2D scenes.

For 2D rendering the R9 270x core clock goes down to 300-450 Mhz, nothing is wrong, just the game decided to use 2D cut-scenes which a 1100 Mhz core clock would be overkill for. You could set the card to run at a higher clock speed when rendering 2D scenes.

How do I do that?

How do I do that?

Custom bios, or (if you can find it) Asus GPU Tweak has an option for it, but it is a very difficult program to find