Share your GTX 770 SLI experience!

gurnben

Hello Forum! 

I just ordered my GTX 770 for sli, and I have seen the benchmarks and reviews, but I wanted to hear some firsthand experience.  How was the performance increase over a single card (if you ever had a single card).  Do you like the choice to do 770 SLI?  What was your experience?

Well I didn't choose the 770 SLI life (I won a contest and got three for free (sold one for cheap to a friend who gave me a sweet deal on some parts I still use), the 770 SLI life chose me.

So far I don't really have to worry about maxing out a game, because everything I throw at it (besides Arma 3 and DayZ...) will run completely maxed out at a playable framerate (above 30fps for a majority of the time).

Even with the currently released Star Citizen modules, I can run everything maxed out and not worry about performance at all (minus their SLI issues: texture flickering and crashes (which will no doubt be fixed).

Well I didn't choose the 770 SLI life (I won a contest and got three for free (sold one for cheap to a friend who gave me a sweet deal on some parts I still use), the 770 SLI life chose me.

So far I don't really have to worry about maxing out a game, because everything I throw at it (besides Arma 3 and DayZ...) will run completely maxed out at a playable framerate (above 30fps for a majority of the time).

Even with the currently released Star Citizen modules, I can run everything maxed out and not worry about performance at all (minus their SLI issues: texture flickering and crashes (which will no doubt be fixed).

I'm also thinking to get another GTX 770 if I get job. Can you tell us how much fps do you get when maxing these games out: Both Metro games, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Watch_Dogs, Hitman: Absolution? (with vsync enabled).

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'm also thinking to get another GTX 770 if I get job. Can you tell us how much fps do you get when maxing these games out: Both Metro games, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, Watch_Dogs, Hitman: Absolution? (with vsync enabled).

I don't have Crysis 3 or Hitman, but I have the others.

I play at 1080p and I have 4GB cards, just for reference.

Tomb Raider (TressFX enabled): I almost never saw any drops from 60 FPS with V-Sync enabled.

Metro 2033 (not Redux): Will run about the same as Tomb Raider did. Though I have no played this title in quite some time, but I am 100% sure it'll run at 60 FPS.

Metro: Last Light (PhysX enabled): Will run smooth maxed out, but will have drops here and there, but nothing too noticeable. Only when you get to one of the final missions is when you'll see a huge drop, but it's something that even top systems will experience too.

Watch_Dogs: While running the game with the file to turn on the disabled graphics features, I would guestimate that the average FPS would be about 50 for the most part. During missions when you're at like a compound or a smaller area where there aren't too many NPC's or cars you'll see 60 FPS for the most part. I never noticed it go below 30 though, so that's good.

I don't have Crysis 3 or Hitman, but I have the others.

I play at 1080p and I have 4GB cards, just for reference.

Tomb Raider (TressFX enabled): I almost never saw any drops from 60 FPS with V-Sync enabled.

Metro 2033 (not Redux): Will run about the same as Tomb Raider did. Though I have no played this title in quite some time, but I am 100% sure it'll run at 60 FPS.

Metro: Last Light (PhysX enabled): Will run smooth maxed out, but will have drops here and there, but nothing too noticeable. Only when you get to one of the final missions is when you'll see a huge drop, but it's something that even top systems will experience too.

Watch_Dogs: While running the game with the file to turn on the disabled graphics features, I would guestimate that the average FPS would be about 50 for the most part. During missions when you're at like a compound or a smaller area where there aren't too many NPC's or cars you'll see 60 FPS for the most part. I never noticed it go below 30 though, so that's good.

Thank you for all these answers.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |