| LUMO |-Loop finished,final pics this week.

B NEGATIVE

Woah *drools*

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

Seeing the board in the build now, i think you should paint the cpu block

You should paint the silver parts of the cpu block the marble color and the black parts yellow

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Really loving the colours and the paint jab on that mother board is just wow.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

isvZwNg.png

wllCm7L.jpg?1

And its my pleasure to thank the great folks @ Be Quiet for providing the fans and PSU for this rig!

be-quiet-logo.jpg

DcoPSMM.jpg

After using their Powerzone range of PSU's,I decided I would like to use them again for this rig,this time I selected the Dark Power PSU of the 850w variety.
Now,I can see many folks asking why did I go with a semi modular unit,This unit only has the 24pin hardwired and,seeing as im stripping it for paint,its no hardship for me to sleeve.

Anyway,to the pics.

Fans,normally I would of gone straight to Alpenfohn but this time,because the PSU fan will be visible,I went with Be Quiet Silent Wings PWM so they all match up.

8Mtujyu.jpg

Nice rubberized corner mounts...or there are single side flush mounts.

c8h2WZF.jpg

VVCSTRm.jpg

7iVVp8U.jpg

oObSq7R.jpg

A very solid feeling fan,I am impressed,much more solid feeling than my usual choices with a nice weight,rubberized rings around the intake/output for noise dampening when up hard against the case,a very nice touch!

And the PSU!

This was exciting for me,I have seen this PSU before but not in the flesh,I was very pleasantly surprised with the build quality of this unit,from the paint to the packaging,all very clean and fuss free.

y6rDtj3.jpg

Obm2tNf.jpg

vLS4X4G.jpg

NSzvl5m.jpg

sXwaMhJ.jpg

BG7j87S.jpg

A little gadget for switching from multi to single rail.

trxILgv.jpg

Its almost a sorry thing to strip it for paint,I originally thought the side panels were stickered up but they are not,the logo plates are a knurled finish on black and look great so im masking them off and keeping them.

The fans.....are a secret for now,I am puzzled on how to get the fan hubs off,I may have to mask the  gaps and spray the whole fan.

Chime in if you know how to get the hub off without a hammer!

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

4etX6u4.jpg

Sponsored by!

pX15ZYK.jpg

BbvC0XG.png

OOweY0G.png

8rdf8v3.jpg

Rg4RcEV.jpg

Another update...they seem to be coming thick and fast!

The fans...well,I had a change of plan,I ditched the idea of painting the blades and hubs as I had a better,more discreet idea instead.

Vxqu4e4.jpg

6OGGz77.jpg

I followed this thru on to the PSU.

C73fjRr.jpg

mObw3Pu.jpg

Initially, the PSU was going to be painted but...the top cover has the fan guard welded in so I cant separate them to paint. The rest of the chassis cant really be seen so,I compromised a little and went for a desticker and a fan ring to tie it all together.

Looking at it,im glad I went this way.

The largest thumb screws ever packed with a PSU!

S8tJtKw.jpg

I also got to work on the peripherals,im still planning the graphics for these and the KB needs some low profile key caps but....its YELLOW!!

bPk6lQF.jpg

yZpCTZd.jpg

Thankfully,that recessed Corsair logo is easily removable for paint! Masking recessed stuff is a pain!

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

this is gonna be good, ive saw close impact irl and its a beauty

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

this is gonna be good, ive saw close impact irl and its a beauty

Thanks!

This promises to be much better than Close Impact tho.

That keyboard is a beauty, Shame it's in red switches only :(

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Got to sleeve them cables though 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

That keyboard is a beauty, Shame it's in red switches only :(

Ah,but free Keyboard is free....

Im a blues man myself.

Got to sleeve them cables though 

The PSU is far from complete. Much to do on it yet.

AMAZING! are ya gonna paint the CPU block?

No. It doesnt need it and i run the risk of overdoing the colours.

Also....

The tray is at a stage where im ready to send the parts off to the machinists,E22 for the Steel and PARVUM for the Acrylic.

Only a few little thing to do,mainly marking out cable guide screw holes etc.

First renders of tray with inbuilt res.....

FQXbxIK.jpg

alyYDIe.jpg

No. It doesnt need it and i run the risk of overdoing the colours.

Also....

The tray is at a stage where im ready to send the parts off to the machinists,E22 for the Steel and PARVUM for the Acrylic.

Only a few little thing to do,mainly marking out cable guide screw holes etc.

First renders of tray with inbuilt res.....

Nice renders now you just gotta make the real thing look better than the renders like maki role and loramentun

Steve

Wait, rewind... is that Bequiet branded thermal paste? Is this new? 

Also, build looks epic, if I may say so myself. Those painted Silent Wings look epic  :wub:  I love the look. I've been wanting to get BeQuiet fans for a while.. they're just kinda hard to find and quite expensive. I'll definitely go to the Silent Wings 3 from my Hyperboreas once I upgrade my rig. 

Cant wait to see finished product. Keep up the good work. :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Holy shite, didn't think that was a render for a minute there! wow it looks nice! Also of course free is better than nothing.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Holy shite, didn't think that was a render for a minute there! wow it looks nice! Also of course free is better than nothing.

And they only take minutes on my SR2.

All the fans gets the striped treatment and I had a go with a new white rather than black background,I also moved all my photo kit into the loft and added another light.

HLrhVle.jpg

BgXZiA6.jpg

AquupRN.jpg

v6pBZdB.jpg

Much clearer and the yellow looks yellow!

And they only take minutes on my SR2.

All the fans gets the striped treatment and I had a go with a new white rather than black background,I also moved all my photo kit into the loft and added another light.

Much clearer and the yellow looks yellow!

Sooo pretty. Cant wait to get a DSLR Camera to take pretty pictures.

Steve

So jealous of your SR-2

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nice work! You definitely deserve that.  :lol:

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Those facebook comments make me lose my faith in common sense

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Those facebook comments make me lose my faith in common sense

I miss your nyan cat gif pic :(:P

Steve

I miss your nyan cat gif pic :(:P

I agree, this isn't as bright and colorful