| LUMO |-Loop finished,final pics this week.

B NEGATIVE

Those SSDs look incredible, that's a beautiful job you've done. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this build :D

Cool beans,there is much more to come!

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

While I had a bit of spare time from marbling the mobo cover,I decided to take a few shots of the frame for the few that cant wait,this is just the first of many coats....

KrpW52m.jpg

6n9uo3c.jpg

XuxUZbz.jpg

W24nZRj.jpg

So.....gloss or satin clearcoat?

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Anything gloss looks ugly imo, but it's your project :P

Loving the yellow, where's @rukimaru or however you spell it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

But gloss will give the paint loads of depth,there are certain advantages to a high gloss finish..

I do like Satin as well tho,better for Photo's!

*clears throat*

yes hello

:D

Sowwy i couldn't spell your name, boss

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I should really save these till later but Im really happy how the marble came out!
This is still very much WIP,the recesses need to be airbrushed in black and the slots need some plastidip action....but.....its looking good!

The naked z97 Gryphon,I quite like the look of it naked,its a hidden gem.

0C4ebcs.jpg

q65X03d.jpg

xCaYObx.jpg

And with the armour,yes its armour goddamn it,im British!

ZMNPgvR.jpg

eqtIzyz.jpg

jBsFVyP.jpg

The slots tho......no good. They need to be colour changed,brown is not the way forward!

Make the slots yellow (I assumed you are going to do black), would be a great accent.

I don't agree. Many years ago I built a rig called "RadioMACtive" and painted it with both pink and yellow fluorescent paint. At first I just blew down the main colours over white primer. The finish was satin'ish'.

As soon as I started blowing on the clear it was obvious that clear was the way to go. It gave the paint so much extra depth and brightness. Sure, the colours are very very bright but if that's where you're going you need to go big or go home IMO.

Not going to be to everyone's taste of course, and that's fine. If you were an 80s kid like me and B-negs it'll make perfect sense. I still remember sitting around the house in my towelling flouro socks lol.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I don't agree. Many years ago I built a rig called "RadioMACtive" and painted it with both pink and yellow fluorescent paint. At first I just blew down the main colours over white primer. The finish was satin'ish'.

As soon as I started blowing on the clear it was obvious that clear was the way to go. It gave the paint so much extra depth and brightness. Sure, the colours are very very bright but if that's where you're going you need to go big or go home IMO.

Not going to be to everyone's taste of course, and that's fine. If you were an 80s kid like me and B-negs it'll make perfect sense. I still remember sitting around the house in my towelling flouro socks lol.

Old skool raver,lellow is okay with me.....

Todays question.......

u2oHF3N.jpg

.....do I paint the block hold down?

Old skool raver,lellow is okay with me.....

Todays question.......

.....do I paint the block hold down?

Noooo, looks so sexy as is!!

\

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

isvZwNg.png

wllCm7L.jpg?1

So today was my birthday and what better way to celebrate than to finish up the motherboard and spray the matching Keyboard,in this instance the Corsair K65 tenkeyless (Pics will be forthcoming)

I also need to look at replacements for the MIPS hold down bolts as the stock ones are not pretty....

Seeing as no one will see the back,I had a little fun....

mvkgwJb.jpg

17nhuiG.jpg

To tidy up the edge of the card PCB I used 1.5mm Vinyl,easily removed it the card requires RMA!

O11LCPS.jpg?1

3DShM2y.jpg

And finally,I welcome E22 to this build! Nate has supplied me with my usual Ultraclear again,It is my usual for a very good reason...

H5gndAM.jpg

Dat backplate...

lolololol_zpsc3aa003b.gif

Glad to see you having fun with the plotter. Hopefully I'll have the cash for mine soon :D

BTW you seem to work as quickly as I do...

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Yeah,this log is moving faster than normal but I have a full workload for the next 7 months for rig builds......

I got the RAM today,a total bargain of Amazon!
4x4Gb of Crucial Ballistix 1600 (Remember this is a gaming PC),I know these sticks can hit 2000-2100@1.65v with some tweaking so I think I had a result!

Obviously,the stickers are staying till I test them,I am normally lucky with hardware but RAM....well.....you know....

DOLxbVD.jpg

If only both sides were like this......

CdTtzxq.jpg

w2zqDQN.jpg?1

DkTZnFR.jpg

Now,because the branding is discreet,im in a quandary...Do i marble DIMMS or just leave them vanilla?

l0NMMoo.jpg

NmkuyeD.jpg

Sq2nbW6.jpg

734SEPs.jpg

My head says yes..and some stripes in the recesses to boot but the black chunky HS look is hard to ignore....

Leave ram as is, beutiful

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yellow ram innit.

Looks VERY beautiful, but is it only me or are all your pictures' colors oversaturated? they just don't look natural to me.

/Delboy.

Oh shut up you tart.

Can you take it apart and just paint the inside? Like in the second to last picture you can see the inside of the ram. Maybe paint that green? It would be a nice contrast without being too over the top/excessive. I drew a pic of what I mean. Also, don't be jealous of my artistic talent. I know it's amazing, but it's the result of years of practice. Everyone starts somewhere :P You paint the red parts green. Alternatively you could leave it all black, that would look fine too. 

jh10VcV.jpg?1

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

The tray has arrived from E22,this is a sacrificial tray mainly for checking the clearances and the hole positions are correct. thankfully they are but I realized I can move the mobo 5mm forward and 10mm up,making more space for the rads/fans.

ztKmI6C.jpg

The mobo is hard up against the PSU bay,only 4mm clearance.

3BayGN8.jpg

The GPU's are just resting in there until the 11m standoffs arrive and I can use the pillars that Kier thoughtfully sent me from his banchetto.

v0a8wLc.jpg

iMCfq2d.jpg

My camera definitely doesnt like the fluro paint at all!