| LUMO |-Loop finished,final pics this week.

B NEGATIVE

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

isvZwNg.png

Welcome everyone to a new log and let me introduce the willing participant,the In Win D Frame MINI!

After the S3,which is far too large for a LAN box like originally planned,I wanted a smaller footprint and something a bit more aesthetically pleasing,so,after seeing this gorgeous case at Computex,I made some inquiries at In Win and here is the result!

Some of you may have seen this case about and,if you follow any of my forum witterings,probably know already that I had this coming.
The case is a tubular spaceframe design made with Alu tube and,quite frankly,a mobo tray that is a structural grade piece of kit! The tempered glass is a lovely thing to see and is common place on all the high end In Win chassis.

Shall we have a walk round the case then?

keNzpsz.jpg

cLlnM2m.jpg

LBS3RxF.jpg

AaHXWjY.jpg

vWGLLYF.jpg

You have never seen a mobo tray that thick,guarantee it!

Svk24Bw.jpg

You can have the PSU either way,up or down.

gG0i0KP.jpg

Massively thick HDD and SSD mounts.

8T8DtSC.jpg

Backside of the tray.

DNs0edM.jpg

WT63p90.jpg

Tray out!

riFIoAT.jpg

BpPps9C.jpg

iAGsdoX.jpg

The whole tray is decluttered,this ITX case has ambition....

JTp7hCj.jpg

This mod is changing the standard ITX flavour into mATX!

S3eQ1JH.jpg

45qj7bD.jpg

As you can see,you get a substantial case for you money,the anodized frame is nice and well finished and no skimping on materials,Im looking forward to working on it......

First thing is to strip the anodizing ready for some lovely paint,I know I just praised the coating quality and it seems like it would be a waste to strip it but it will be worth it!

The paint I will be using for the frame is....

KZUGeGZ.jpg

2g5rzey.jpg
Also,sadly,that mobo tray is also going for a 25mm sandwich tray that will carry all the cabling,most of the watercooling routing and an integrated reservoir.
As always,the aim is a clean looking build,no faff or fluff but details to keep you entertained!

LET THE BUILD COMMENCE!!

Magoo insists that he is project lead on this.......He isnt but you know....he thinks he is.....

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Nice

Are those limited edition cases (chassis in this case)? I think I watched Paul unbox a similar chassis. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Normally Im waiting for hardware but not this time.ASUS provided the Gryphon z97,a modders favorite for very obvious reasons and I have a pair of cards with tidy Watercool blocks ready to go. I rounded of the waterblocks with a MIPS Iceforce HF,an awesome block which sadly isnt available easily now since MIPS closed their doors. A major loss to the watercooling world...

FgLCd9k.jpg

kP8jED5.jpg

The thickest hold down you will ever see!

yWW5KR4.jpg

ezvcJi6.jpg

You just dont see a finish like the finish you get with MIPS....

CUibsgA.jpg

On to another of my favorite block makers,this time the German outfit,Watercool.

3R4wfcb.jpg

n0zXR4C.jpg

49EG4ZE.jpg

b7CJKex.jpg

YEi3EdP.jpg

Tb64SWR.jpg

R7zU7js.jpg

The DC i7 looks like a promising candidate or I may just recycle the 4770k in CLoS3 IMPACT,I dont want to go mad as there a x99 rig coming up in the next few months....

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

What I thought of when I saw the title

lumos_v_2_by_mordred_pendragon-d4ketg5.g

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

What I thought of when I saw the title

lumos_v_2_by_mordred_pendragon-d4ketg5.g

When you see the paint,you will understand.

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

isvZwNg.png

This weekend has consisted mainly of chemical burns and dust inhalation!
My favorite!!

I made a short video on how to strip the anodizing layer off too.

But we all know you like pictures....

4o9FyHL.jpg?2

OTNHRvM.jpg?1

5xA8Jn4.jpg?1

This will stay as a primer until I have finished with the mobo tray work,all the in-out of the board for test fits could damage the paint....I may gun the white base coat on if I get ahead and am feeling confident.

The next job for this weekend will be a mesh piece for the PSU mount,wrapping around the sides and the logo'd panel on the inside,the contrasting colour should make it more visual with the mesh adding a texture.

See you tomorrow and you can see what I mean.

Wow. Nice. I love this "case", if you could even call it that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Wow. Nice. I love this "case", if you could even call it that

It has divided opinions across the board,I love it and Im glad you like it too.

It has divided opinions across the board,I love it and Im glad you like it too.

I definitely would have gotten it for myself, if i didn't have cats :P

I just love the style, and dat built quality

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I definitely would have gotten it for myself, if i didn't have cats :P

I just love the style, and dat built quality

Fabricating the 'roll cage' is a hard as it gets and they have not dropped the ball at all.

One,if not the,best case I have had for build quality

In win's cases have always been very good quality, if very ugly. They made some great cases around 2000, but since then they seem to have let a blind monkey loose to design their cases.

I'm not talking about the D - Frame, I'm talking more about the Dragon Rider and some of those other honking monstrosities they've been responsible for over the years.

Glad to see this one fall into the right hands. I look forward to seeing you play with the marble-izer. I had that in my short list when I painted my car, but decided on pearls instead.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

In win's cases have always been very good quality, if very ugly. They made some great cases around 2000, but since then they seem to have let a blind monkey loose to design their cases.

I'm not talking about the D - Frame, I'm talking more about the Dragon Rider and some of those other honking monstrosities they've been responsible for over the years.

Glad to see this one fall into the right hands. I look forward to seeing you play with the marble-izer. I had that in my short list when I painted my car, but decided on pearls instead.

Yeah,they have produced some horrors,they seem to have a guy with a leftfield vision running the show now and they are much better for it!

The paint should look immense when im finished,the challenge is that frame,it wont be easy.

I always loved painting frames. I used to be big into BMX and used to custom paint frames for my mates. In fact, it's probably the first thing I ever painted at age 10 lol.

Glad you're going bright though. I hope we see some nice bright braids too. So many builds are dark, black and red, black and purple (guilty). It's always nice to see some DFI love going on :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

So as I said yesterday,I was shrouding the PSU bay with modders mesh,in this instance,the 2mm hole variety. This should clean up the visible wiring while adding contrast and texture. Eventually,this will be in black/silver marble while the actual frame is Lumo yellow. The Enermax isnt staying,its just for show,the PSU is undecided as yet...A Leadex or a BeQuiet will be taking that role up.

uzbrt12.jpg

mzpbIRF.jpg

CaiyuXo.jpg

IkeIIsJ.jpg

Once the PSU is painted as well,the depth effect should be nice...maybe a couple of LED's in each corner on the inside to light up the PSU would look good.

Thanks again for looking,next up is the mobo tray.

Very nice. Where do you get this mesh dude?

Very nice. Where do you get this mesh dude?

Specialtech.co.uk

2mm modders mesh.

Some of you my be thinking 'I wonder why he called it LUMO....'
Wonder no more ,wanna see what the frame is going to be painted in?

SJVHSDJ.jpg?1

Its unbelievably bright,retina burning,yellow.
Magoo hates it,he thinks it should be the colour of dried blood and decorated with the bones of his enemies...or the tax man.

Fabricating the 'roll cage' is a hard as it gets and they have not dropped the ball at all.

One,if not the,best case I have had for build quality

Aye, I must say I was very pleased when I took apart my PP689 (the

server case). It is very solidly built, especially for a case which

costs ~220 USD (here, at least) made of humble steel. Similar offerings

from Supermicro and such are significantly more costly, and I doubt

that they're as much better as they are more expensive TBH.

Definitely looking forward to what you'll be doing with this one B-. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Totally loving the detailed pictures! Keep up with the pictures of this soon to be amazing rig!

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Holy mother of bright paint lol

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Holy mother of bright paint lol

It is something else.....its sooooooo bright!

Today was paint day!
I started with the 2 SSD's. Corsair 120 and 240 Force GT SSD's recycled from my SR2,good drives that could never reach full speed in their previous home so I gave them new lease of life in LUMO instead.

The frame is done also,I will be doing pics for that tomorrow but in the meantime...

bGDACqH.jpg

WO5F41a.jpg

So6LjI1.jpg

w575kp2.jpg

m4W9W65.jpg?1

The graphics for them are being plotted as we speak.....

And the graphics for the SSD's are done. I kept it very simple,using the existing Force GT logo and cutting a LUMO logo into it with a pinstripe....the pinstripe was a total bitch but it needed something to break up the yellow expanse.

wHFymhL.jpg?1

22yFaKR.jpg

8KppAlH.jpg

These will be inset in to the mobo tray flush with the outer skin,you will not seen any cabling going to them. As the tray is black/silver marble,these are painted as accent pieces

Those SSDs look incredible, that's a beautiful job you've done. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this build :D

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."