Guessing game

So, it's my 18 birthday in a week and my parents wanted to know what I wanted. I told them my cpu, mobo, psu, and cpu cooler are all falling apart and sent them my pcpartpicker list that had the stuff I wanted in it. It also happened to have a bunch of other stuff in it for a dream build. Well, turns out, my parents are going waaaay overboard. My family is outrageously well off (dad makes bank x9000) but we're pretty humble about it. (donating a lot of it and not being spoiled pricks) I've always had to pay for my own pc and build it myself. Well, my mom left her amazon account open, and I happened to catch a glimpse of 3 Asus 144hz 1ms response time monitors. Shit blew my mind. They spent a grand just getting monitors. But then I thought "fuck, how is my 7870 gonna drive that?" so my question is, what would be the ideal gpu setup to run a surround setup? I would imagine dual 780ti's.

TLDR: parents are blowing massive amounts of cash on a new pc for my 18th bday. Caught a glimpse of 3 badass monitors that they spent over a grand on. What gpu setup would be ideal the drive a surround setup?

Also, I noticed the monitors are all TN panel. I'm a little worried about the viewing angles. Thoughts?

dual R9 290 4GB is cheaper and just as good.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well aren't you fortunate! Quad SLi 780Ti or dual 295x2

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

You're really unlucky that it's going to be a "surprise".

I'd go talk to your parents right now and tell them you want to know how much they can give you for your b-day and that you'll decide how to spend that money.

Happy b-day kid.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

dual R9 290 4GB is cheaper and just as good.

I'm not sure if there is a dif, but probably 290x instead of 290

Didn't mean to come off as a braggart, sorry :/ but thanks for your input! I'd prefer to go with Nvidia because I intend to get a BA in animation/Graphic design so rendering power is important.

Just because he is more well off than you may have been doesnt mean you have to be a jerk.

HE isn't well off, his parents are, the point still stands but yea his parents i'm sure have worked their tails off

All things considered I would go to them and say. "Listen, if I am going to get an upgrade for my PC it is going to have to be composed of certain components. I will make a list of things to get for the new PC, otherwise there may be serious shortcomings in-terms of performance and the price to performance may be terrible."

I would most likely go for 2 R9 290's, I see no point in getting a 780 or a 780 TI. If I am going Nvidia it will be a Titan black. (I already have 3Gb of Vram, and am able to max that out sometimes @ 1080P, I want more)

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I'd say try to get them aways from surround 144hz TN and move towards the ROG swift or a 4k panel. Then add a 780/ti or two.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

They did work their tails off, and they've been very responsible with their money, furthermore, I'm appalled that they've taken my birthday this far. I would've been fine with a birthday dinner and a movie date with my girlfriend. This kind of spending isn't something they normally do. I realize my initial post was poorly written and I made an ass of myself, my apologies.

The problem is, they've already bought the monitors, there's no turning back with that. My dad isn't a total idiot when it comes to pc parts, but he has made mistakes in the past when choosing certain things. I think I'll talk to him about it today, because I'm worried it'll be a mess when it's all said and done

The problem is, they've already bought the monitors, there's no turning back with that. My dad isn't a total idiot when it comes to pc parts, but he has made mistakes in the past when choosing certain things. I think I'll talk to him about it today, because I'm worried it'll be a mess when it's all said and done

you should (IMHO) go with a single 1440P good quality monitor like the asus ROG swift for example...most games are stretched on 3 screens and it's not really worth it unless you play a lot of flight sim and racing sim, you should listen to these videos:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

He's not more well off. His dad might be but he is not. Broadcasting about how much money your parents have is being a jerk.

I don't know if its being a jerk rather than just being inconsiderate of other people.