Help! Valve

Dougthesnail

I have been trying to solve error 53 for 3 weeks. I submitted a ticket to Steam support 2 weeks ago and no response. I get incomplete installation (error 53) when trying to play Total War Shogun 2, Total War Rome 2, Hitman Absolution and Bioshock Infinite. Steam has offered zero percent help and I have tried every troubleshooting step in the books and today I sent in a ticket asking for refund. Of course today my dumbass pays 73 fucking dollars for Rome 2 and dlc, just to get error 53! Let me know below if you have/had the same problem and how to fix it.

Welcome to Valve support. Something Origin does better. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You got any antivirus/firewall running, other than the basic Windows firewall? Research points to McAfee being the issue. If so, disable it and try installing the games again.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You got any antivirus/firewall running, other than the basic Windows firewall? Research points to McAfee being the issue. If so, disable it and try installing the games again.

I have tried that before and nothing

I don't have McAfee either

Valve rocks. Valve is awesome. HOW DARE YOU! But I do agree in this case. Valve's one downfall is their steam support. It sucks.

normally when i get an error i cant solve

i just format

are you able to do that  ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Download Windows 7, 8, or 8.1

Create bootable USB

In BIOS select USB device as boot priority

Begin windows setup

Create new HDD partition, using small SSD? create new Windows install on HDD

At boot selection screen select the newest install

Install all drivers and install steam

Does it work? Y --> You have a software issue, revert your original install to as close to stock as possible. Does that work? Y --> Congrats

N --> undefined                                                                                                                                                  N --> Move to new Windows install

Error: 410

I'll see if the issue was my video drivers once I get my new card. Other than that I have the entire steam folder excluded from all antivirus scanning.

Did you try this yet?

"If you are still having trouble, please exit Steam and delete your ClientRegistry.blob file and restart Steam."

Did you try this yet?

"If you are still having trouble, please exit Steam and delete your ClientRegistry.blob file and restart Steam."

Yes

Just deleted my whole Steam folder! I'll resinstall everything and try again

When I get problems I install Linux and if that fails I set my PC on fire and cry myself to sleep. Have you tried that?

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

turn off your internet connection, and try running in steam offline mode?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Yes

In Steam, go to Setting < Downloads and check your settings. Is your server set to somewhere close to your location? Do you have any limits set?

How can insult the holy Valve? Praise the Lord #GabenMasterRace

When I get problems I install Linux and if that fails I set my PC on fire and cry myself to sleep. Have you tried that?

I have been wanting to do that the whole time, but my UEFI always messes it up? (Someone who speaks english as a first language, can you correct that last sentence please?)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

And it is only those 4 games. Skyrim, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, Garry's Mod, Counter Strike and Verdun all work perfectly fine

I+would+draw+our+lord+and+savior+Gabe+_9

Our Gave who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy sales come. Thy will be done on steam, as it is in my pc. Give us today our daily sales. And forgive us our weakness. As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us from origin. For Thine is the steam, The sales and the glory, Forever, Gaben

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

MasterRace? They should give a refund at this point. I know, I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of crap.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.