3d gaming and gpu memory.

Harshil

hi guys,

I am planning to buy either a gtx 780 or gtx 770, but  I am currently confused which one to get. Well, I'll basically do 1080p 3d gaming on my 120hz Benq xl2420tx. Don't know whether more memory, memory bandwidth and memory interface will help much in my case.

"Spells do exist. We are all just out of Mana."

Single monitor, 1080p,  770 would be a perfect match. But if you got the cash for the 780, who am I to stop you. I think the 770 is going to be available in a 4gb version so wont be sacrificing memory amount with that card.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

If you can get the 780. its better but more expensive. if you can swing it itll be good. 

I'd just go for a 2GB 770 but if you can afford the 780, then why not?

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

No, but for my setup if I am better off with a 770 then i'll go with it or if 780 is a big leap forward then Ii try to get that.

"Spells do exist. We are all just out of Mana."