Why do you guys care about good speakers/front facing in phones?

Izaya Orihara

So I have always wondered why you guys (including @LinusTech ) care about great speakers in phones. I mean I personally don't use the speaker in my phone for anything but calling people. And for that any speaker is good enough. Also a lot of the time I am wearind headphones while calling. 

Do you use it to listen to music? I use headphones all the time... So I don't care about that

Is it important to you to  have a good speaker in your phone? Like in the M8? Or do you think that a meh Nexus 5 speaker is good enough. 

SInce I used the Sony Z2 for Youtube, I don't want to go back to rear facing speakers. And if you ask yourself why I want front facing speaker on a phone. Here is your answer:

post-75265-0-75263000-1410792923_thumb.p

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

youtube / twitch

if it's faceup and the speakers are rear-facing, they may be muffled from your pillow/mattress or whatever its sitting on

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

they are good but i honestly dont care since most of the time i use my headphones.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

For watching any kind of video content on your phone, front facing speakers are leagues away from rear facing ones. I can't use in ear head phones cause I had wierdly shaped ear canals and they hurt after about 5 minutes. I also like to listen to music in the shower.

It's not to the point where I refuse anything without front facing speakers, they are just a big really nice plus. For just regular music and calls though, it's not much on an issue. It is nice for speaker phone calls too.

Common sense says a phone will likely be put down on it's back at times when setting it down so yeah it should have speakers front facing in phones.  Any other way should be obsolete.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S