High H100i idle Temps

Just installed an H100i on my computer and decided to give it a nice little overclock to see how well the cooler works. I bumped it up to 4ghz and my idle temps went up to around 60c. Just for S&G I set it back to the stock speed and the same thing happened, 60c. I checked and everything is connected properly on the cooler, but honestly I just have no idea what to do at this point. The fans are running in push, exhausting out the top of my cosmos 2

Just installed an H100i on my computer and decided to give it a nice little overclock to see how well the cooler works. I bumped it up to 4ghz and my idle temps went up to around 60c. Just for S&G I set it back to the stock speed and the same thing happened, 60c. I checked and everything is connected properly on the cooler, but honestly I just have no idea what to do at this point. The fans are running in push, exhausting out the top of my cosmos 2

I found with mine that there were screws on the back of the mobo that were interfering with the backplate, meaning the block wasn't seated properly.

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

Have you touched the voltage?

If yes, have you set it back down?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Try remounting the cpu block and re-apply the thermal paste. If that doesn't fix it, RMA time.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

This is more of a question for the CPU section but I'll do my best to answer it anyway. :S

If I remember correctly Intel CPUs under clock themselves automatically when they are not under load and go into a low power state. So while idling they CPU temp should actually be the same.

What we actually need to know is your load temps, so put your CPU under load with some program and tell us your temps after the temperature has settled.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Here's a pic - 

post-7161-0-43047800-1370023818.jpg

post-7161-0-43047800-1370023818.jpg

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

Yeah right as I was posting this, I put it through prime and it instantly hit TJ max then bluescreened. I'm going to try to reinstall it but if that doesn't work I'm returning it for the swiftech alternative.

Edit: Dathtom I just checked the back and you called it, i'll try reseating it with the screws in the right place

Yeah right as I was posting this, I put it through prime and it instantly hit TJ max then bluescreened. I'm going to try to reinstall it but if that doesn't work I'm returning it for the swiftech alternative.

What are your overclock settings? We need to know your voltage. This could be down to bad over clock settings or bad mounting.

Before RMA'ing I recommend going to the corsair forums. The guys over there know a lot more about corsair products (obviously).

Watch out for a person called "Ram Guy". He knows almost everything there is to know about Corsair products, if anyone can help you its him.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

My voltages and everything are normal, like I said i had a basic overclock going, but once I saw the temps I set it back to stock. So right now I'm getting those temps on a stock 3570k.

My voltages and everything are normal, like I said i had a basic overclock going, but once I saw the temps I set it back to stock. So right now I'm getting those temps on a stock 3570k.

Did you reset your BIOS to put it back to stock? You could have forgotten to disable something such as Load Line Calibration. Could you take a screenshot of CPU ID while under load?

Possibly not mounted correctly or poorly applied TIM. Check your fan voltages and CPU voltages and make sure the fans are spinning fast enough to push air through the radiator.

Ok I re-seated the bracket and the temps look very very good now. I'm thoroughly pleased. 65c max when stressing in prime. I'm currently stressing it for 24 hrs just to make sure my clock is stable, but attached is a pic of Cpuid, let me know if anything looks bad with the overclock, but everything has been stable so far.

post-2454-0-65464100-1370028669.jpg

The voltage is a bit high iirc but as your temps are good its fine.