$1400 build (GTX 780)

SO I am looking for a new build to replace my old core 2 quad build and I am in need of some help with parts here I have 4 SSD's all 120GB Samsung 840 pro's and 3 HDD's in 2 and 3TB (1 3TB, 2 2TB) and I am just looking for any possible bottlenecks in this build I am planing (All systems have a bottleneck I know this) So with out further a do here it is (It will be watercooled later on after I get more money).

MB: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX

GPU: ZOTAC ZT-70201-10P GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card (Never had a problem with Zotac cards)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

PSU: SeaSonic M12II 650 SS-650AM 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power (will get a 1200W when I do the watercooling upgrade)

Case: NZXT SWITCH 810 White CA-SW810-W1 Steel / Plastic ATX HYBRID Full Tower Gaming Computer Case

Total is $1379 after shipping and handling.

CPU cooler: Swiftech H220 (I already have this so no need to add it to price)

Windows: Windows 8 x64 (I have a retail copy and have no use in buying a new one) 

So my overall question is what could I do to make this build that much better I am going to be using this for live streaming, youtube, and video editing with Adobe after effects and premiere pro so cuda is a must for faster rending and such.

I have a raid card for the SSD's to be in raid 0 and the HDD's will be in raid 1 or at least the 2, 2TB ones. and the 3TB will just be mass storage.

Feel free to throw what ever you think might better this build for under $1400 and no I will not go Intel I5 even with haswell  I trust AMD for the price to performance if I wanted intel I would save up more and get a 3930K :P

and as I do here is a .GIF of a guy dancing encase people just want to watch it :p

post-8342-0-60104200-1370022621.gif

Good job with the build, The 780 is ridiculously expensive though, what I reccomend doing is purchasing a Radeon 7970, it is about the performance of a gtx 770. you will save at least 200$ and you wont lose that much performance, and with that 1200ww psu. u can buy two more of these cards and put them in crossfire. There is always an urge to buy the latest and greatest. But sometimes, a last generation card is better. Btw, the 700 series doesnt have an architectural advance, so i dont think there is a need to spend 600$ on a gtx 780.  

Good job with the build, The 780 is ridiculously expensive though, what I reccomend doing is purchasing a Radeon 7970, it is about the performance of a gtx 770. you will save at least 200$ and you wont lose that much performance, and with that 1200ww psu. u can buy two more of these cards and put them in crossfire. There is always an urge to buy the latest and greatest. But sometimes, a last generation card is better. Btw, the 700 series doesnt have an architectural advance, so i dont think there is a need to spend 600$ on a gtx 780.  

The 780 is actually on par with a GTX Titan in games and has the same GK110 as the GTX 780 plus since I am using Adobe Radeon will server no benefit since Adobe doesn't have OpenCL boosting and stream processors won't help with rending it would be faster rending off CPU than gpu in that case I do nude cuda support and why not spend $400 less buying a GK110 GPU with a massive amount of CUDA cores and 3GB of Vram and also have that added speed in games and be able to record with the new Nvidia thing that records off GPU and not CPU? The 7970 is a great card but not so much for Adobe products. If I was just gaming I would buy the 7970 in a heart beat but Ia m also editing and rendering and capturing so I do need CUDA and Nvidia is the way to go in this case. Not only that the 780's SLI is just amazing it really is 2X the performance in most all games so when it's price comes down i could just buy another 780 and be set for a good 4-5 years on GPU speed. 

mfw when "Adobe"

e5027607.jpg

Anyways, the system you've build there is very good, may want to invest in a little beefier PSU though or at least one with more efficiency. 650W seems a little too less. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

mfw when "Adobe"

e5027607.jpg

Anyways, the system you've build there is very good, may want to invest in a little beefier PSU though or at least one with more efficiency. 650W seems a little too less. 

The 770 needs a 650W PSU because it has a higher memory frequency while the GTX 780 needs 600W. I know it seems odd but it kinda is I mean a 690 can run fine with a I7 3770K and 3 HHD's with a 550W PSU but if needed I can run my HDD's off a different PSU like a 200W that I have just laying around. will take a bit of modding to trip the PSU to turn on when the system does but it's nothing much :p

And by the way Adobe is better than Vegas IMO just offers more to work with. 

people are gonna hate me for saying this but u may want to get a 7970 instead . it is a solid performer in games and in the near future adobe products (and much others) are going to use open cl which the current amd cards are much much better than the nvidia ones. do some research and make your decision but the future says AMD cards are going to be better than nvidia cards in terms of editing

The 780 is actually on par with a GTX Titan in games and has the same GK110 as the GTX 780 plus since I am using Adobe Radeon will server no benefit since Adobe doesn't have OpenCL boosting and stream processors won't help with rending it would be faster rending off CPU than gpu in that case I do nude cuda support and why not spend $400 less buying a GK110 GPU with a massive amount of CUDA cores and 3GB of Vram and also have that added speed in games and be able to record with the new Nvidia thing that records off GPU and not CPU? The 7970 is a great card but not so much for Adobe products. If I was just gaming I would buy the 7970 in a heart beat but Ia m also editing and rendering and capturing so I do need CUDA and Nvidia is the way to go in this case. Not only that the 780's SLI is just amazing it really is 2X the performance in most all games so when it's price comes down i could just buy another 780 and be set for a good 4-5 years on GPU speed. 

adobe is going open cl..... proof they have already done it on macs they are going to do it with windows based products as well

people are gonna hate me for saying this but u may want to get a 7970 instead . it is a solid performer in games and in the near future adobe products (and much others) are going to use open cl which the current amd cards are much much better than the nvidia ones. do some research and make your decision but the future says AMD cards are going to be better than nvidia cards in terms of editing

Adobe is going to have OpenCL support but CUDA is still faster than OpenCL at least by today's terms. Also SLI would be better than crossfire in games and editing (If adobe will start to support SLI and crossfire) 

adobe is going open cl..... proof they have already done it on macs they are going to do it with windows based products as well

True but still Cuda is faster than OpenCL. And CUDA will have better support than OpenCL will since it's been supported much longer.

Honestly this build is very nice, couldn't think of anything fundamentally bad about it, go for it.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

What resolution are you planning gaming on?

For 1920x1080 i'd buy a 7970 for getting all the games in the neversettle bundle

OR what i'd do is buying a 770 not for better performance, i'd do for the recording function (watch ncixcom's Video on the 770 for this). When you game on hoher resolution as fullhd you can buy the 780.

Metrolastlight in 1080p with 770 runs just above 30 fps so buying a 780 isn't a that bad idea.

And hey why 1200watt?? Way too much.

I'll run a 770 with 600 Watt PSU

But the rest is great.

And you'd bottleneck the 780 a bit with only pcie 2.0 i think Theresia is only one AMD pcie 3.0 board. Its an asus sabertooth one.

Costs about 200.

For 1920x1080 i'd buy a 7970 for getting all the games in the neversettle bundle

OR what i'd do is buying a 770 not for better performance, i'd do for the recording function (watch ncixcom's Video on the 770 for this). When you game on hoher resolution as fullhd you can buy the 780.

Metrolastlight in 1080p with 770 runs just above 30 fps so buying a 780 isn't a that bad idea.

But the rest is great.

And you'd bottleneck the 780 a bit with only pcie 2.0 i think Theresia is only one AMD pcie 3.0 board. Its an asus sabertooth one.

Costs about 200.

I am doing 2560x1440 and 2560x1600 mostly, while recording it will be 1080P to keep file size as low as possible tho. streaming will be 720P if not 1080P+ just be cause my internet will support 720P just fine but 1080P will stutter a bit. And I agree the PCI-E 2.0 will be a bottleneck but not a massive one it's not really a see able difference. I have used a GTX 680 in PCI-E 1.1 and I didn't see more than a 5FPS difference in games and rendering was just a wee bit slow. The 770 is a good card for the price but it's still 2GB of Vram on all models and the GPU boost 2.0 doesn't really do much of anything with the card even with a asus DCU2 TOP card. 

But the rest is great.

Costs about 200.

The 1200W will be after watercooling and possibly a extra GPU it will be powering 2 pumps (Dual loop) 12 fans on the radiators (2 360's) and lights and also more HDD's and SSD's for more storage some off the MOBO all raid will be controlled off a raid card. Also I am getting a 680 and runnign it off a 650W to start and getting one more later on down the line in August so Iw ould like more headroom than very little headroom in terms of power :)

mfw when "Adobe"

e5027607.jpg

Nope, a cx600 will power a 780 fine. I think the 650w is a bit much.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 770 needs a 650W PSU because it has a higher memory frequency while the GTX 780 needs 600W. I know it seems odd but it kinda is I mean a 690 can run fine with a I7 3770K and 3 HHD's with a 550W PSU but if needed I can run my HDD's off a different PSU like a 200W that I have just laying around. will take a bit of modding to trip the PSU to turn on when the system does but it's nothing much :P

And by the way Adobe is better than Vegas IMO just offers more to work with. 

I use Adobe myself but Vegas offers an all-in-one package which is different from Adobe's reliance on separate programs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But the rest is great.

Costs about 200.

It's less about gaming and more about using Adobe programs utilizing cuda.

The 1200W will be after watercooling and possibly a extra GPU it will be powering 2 pumps (Dual loop) 12 fans on the radiators (2 360's) and lights and also more HDD's and SSD's for more storage some off the MOBO all raid will be controlled off a raid card. Also I am getting a 680 and runnign it off a 650W to start and getting one more later on down the line in August so Iw ould like more headroom than very little headroom in terms of power :)

Even then lol. A 1200w is more like 3 titan sli overclocked.

Looks great! I think you'll be very happy with the result.

Even then lol. A 1200w is more like 3 titan sli overclocked.

True but it's better having headroom with a build like this so I can get 2 780's, a few radiators, a few fans, and a ton of HHD'S and SSD'S and a few SSHDD

True but it's better having headroom with a build like this so I can get 2 780's, a few radiators, a few fans, and a ton of HHD'S and SSD'S and a few SSHDD

A 1050-1100w should be enough. See if you can get a cheaper psu. 

How many hdds do you mean by a ton?

A 1050-1100w should be enough. See if you can get a cheaper psu. 

How many hdds do you mean by a ton?

All depends, right now 4 HHD'S 4 SSD's but as those fill I always buy more. I have 9TB on my NAS full, 4TB's in my current computer full, and a bunch of misc drives in boxes (about 10TB sata 2 and 3) full. I never delete anything :p

All depends, right now 4 HHD'S 4 SSD's but as those fill I always buy more. I have 9TB on my NAS full, 4TB's in my current computer full, and a bunch of misc drives in boxes (about 10TB sata 2 and 3) full. I never delete anything :P

If it makes it any cheaper, a 1100w will do. I was thinking you would have 10 HDDs or something.

If it makes it any cheaper, a 1100w will do. I was thinking you would have 10 HDDs or something.

Yeah I know it would be cheaper but the deals on PSU's aren't bad I mean Seasonic has a 1200W 80+ platinum for fairly cheap and this sin't a right here and now thing this is a few months down the line around August-September time for the rest of the things to go with watercooling.