Tell me about the history of OnePlus for school

-TesseracT-

What they most likely did was send out press releases to news sites who would get the word out. They could then use that to ride the hype until they released the phone.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

They did use marketing, very shitty one indeed. 

It really differs by what you view marketing as. 

Do you view Samsung as a marketing champion, or can you see what OnePlus did with their phone?

First of all, they created a hype on the phone being a "flagship killer". 

The invite system is also brilliant in ways, but it is restrictive. 

Break your phone campaign is a perfect example.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Well not 'at all' , they did use a bit of course.

They didn't PAY for any marketing, if that's what you mean. Paying marketers costs money, but their marketing platform is based entirely on social media.

They are sexist, don't forget that!

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I thought this was a thread about telling your class mates what oneplus is its a struggle

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

They are sexist, don't forget that!

Oh, no!

Will the phone mock me if I spend too much time in front of a mirror or listen to girly music on it?

Oh, no!

Will the phone mock me if I spend too much time in front of a mirror or listen to girly music on it?

Yes.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

They didn't do a whole lot of marketing tbh i have used the oneplus for about a week now.

And no one has gone oh sweet that's the new oneplus one phone awesome.

Everyone is like is that the Samsung S5 Xperia or what the closest guess i had was is it the google phone (aka nexus).

And when i tell them its a oneplus they just blankly stare at me like i made it up on the spot.

So the phone is like not known at all "in the streets"  heck some of my tech nerdy friends didn't even know about it until i told them.

So i guess they had almost no marketing or really poor marketing.