Good powerline adapter kit in Australia

Crypt

I'm currently looking for good powerline adapter kits for a room or two upstairs. Wi-Fi is horrible in these 2 rooms and my dad doesn't really want to pay thousands of dollars to get Cat6 installed throughout the house (if labour price is actually cheaper, let me know :D). 

We live in Australia and I can't find the good Devolo or D-Link kits here anywhere. There is places that ship these to Australia but I'm afraid that using a plug converter will stuff up speeds as I know powerline is quite picky with certain configurations. I have little experience in this area of electrical knowledge so please tell me if I'm sounding stupid saying this and I will happily purchase a Devolo 09238 kit / a D-Link DHP-501AV kit from the USA or UK.

Pass-through isn't needed, but obviously no problem if the best one does have it. I plan on streaming high bitrate movies and TV shows over Plex and gaming so speed and latency needs to be good, preferably 100Mbps or more.

Also, do I need to buy two kits or do I just buy 1 starter kit and another standalone adapter?

Netcomm is normally pretty good. I know we can't get Devolo but the DLink should be sourceable in Aus.

Netcomm is normally pretty good. I know we can't get Devolo but the DLink should be sourceable in Aus.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll take another look at NetComm. Believe it or not, that particular D-Link adapter doesn't appear to be available in Aus.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll take another look at NetComm. Believe it or not, that particular D-Link adapter doesn't appear to be available in Aus.

Just email stores - products can be added easily.

Just email stores - products can be added easily.

There is eBay stores that ship it to Australia but I assume it will come with a UK plug. If you or anyone could tell me if it will matter if I use a country plug convertor then I could just buy one from the UK. I guess they just don't manufacture ones with an Australian plug. It is a popular kit in the US so I'm sure if it were available here I could find it somewhere. The reason I ask about the plug is because I know powerline can suffer greatly from surge protection or being on power boards. I don't know much about this area so this could sound pretty stupid.

There is eBay stores that ship it to Australia but I assume it will come with a UK plug. If you or anyone could tell me if it will matter if I use a country plug convertor then I could just buy one from the UK. I guess they just don't manufacture ones with an Australian plug. It is a popular kit in the US so I'm sure if it were available here I could find it somewhere. The reason I ask about the plug is because I know powerline can suffer greatly from surge protection or being on power boards. I don't know much about this area so this could sound pretty stupid.

It depends on the unit - most likely not. Just email PCCG, Mwave, CPL me at Scorptec ect and we can probably order it in.

places like jb hifi or dicksmith should carry it. if you cant find it you can get jb to special order it for you and the one my partner bought was $80 i believe

Me? a girl? psh, don't be silly, everyone knows girls don't use computers

places like jb hifi or dicksmith should carry it. if you cant find it you can get jb to special order it for you and the one my partner bought was $80 i believe

Yeh, I've sort of given up trying to get that D-Link or the Devolo. Just looked at another review of the D-Link kit ($200) and it got reads of only 60Mbps, slower than a $70 TP-Link kit. I'll either just get that TP-Link or supposedly be one of the first to report on a Netcomm NP507.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

here is a shopbot link for that model

shopbot.com.au

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

here is a shopbot link for that model

shopbot.com.au

Yeh but I was looking for something a little more high end. It's alright though. I just moved a Wi-Fi extender from downstairs to up. Works nicely with 70-80Mbps in home theater room. 

Finding the cheaper ones wasn't hard but it's all I need now. Will probably get one of the under $100 TP-Link kits for downstairs.

Thanks

I'll just add this:

- I wouldn't worry too much about the brand, just try to get an AV500 or AV600 kit. Most places you'd expect to see this sort of gear will stock it

- The one linked to in this thread is an AV200 kit. Now they're ok but don't expect magic out of them. The "200" is for theoretical bi-directional, you'll get ~40Mbps DL

- For wiring up a house in Australia? Thousands is an overestimate. I've had it done, it wasn't thousands. For it to be "thousands" you'd have to be doing >8 rooms by my estimate.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing