Redoing my setup!

JoshK

So I'm redoing my setup which includes painting and rearranging. I currently have all my walls this disgusting green color and I'm doing a black/white theme because so I love cool colors and black and white are my two favorites and put together are straight up awesome. I'm planning on doing one of my smaller walls black with the 3 others white to a) make the room feel bigger because the room is semi cramped b) give a nice cool feel along with a nice contrast.

post-77334-0-78205300-1410751705_thumb.j

The wall with my tv on it and desk will be the black wall (sorry for the mess) and the rest of the walls will be white. I am planning on moving my desk, which is beautiful and I built it myself and the stain is called espresso and it is a nice dark color that is going to contrast with the white wall very nicely,. It is going to be on the wall with my windows on it along with my tv above it. I also have LEDs around my desk which will look really nice against the white wall. My bed is going to be against black wall (not for sure yet, I will play around with where I want it). I am also going to be switching to all fluorescent white light because yellow light isnt my jam because i think it gives a very warm feel which I dont like. The black wall is also going to have a few white shelves on it with a graphics card and a few books and movies etc. on it along with some gaming posters e.g. Minecraft, Skyrim and maybe something like nvidia or any other suggestions (maybe dota if I can find some).

Thats pretty much it! I'm going for a black and white minimalistic theme that Im hoping will turn out beutiful in the end. Feedback is appreciated as well as suggestions and constructive criticism. I will keep you guys posted with updates and pictures.

Sorry for poor image quality, took a panorama with my phone which was too big of file and then I used square it to chop the file size down a bit :/

Edit: I am planning on getting the 760t which will look great in a black and white themed room along with white LEDs inside of it.

Wait, is this is a log? Is this a thread I'm supposed to follow? :o

I guess you could call it that. I didnt know where else to put it since its not a build but its a log.

I guess you could call it that. I didnt know where else to put it since its not a build but its a log.

So I should follow your room update?

You need some paintings or something up in there, maybe get a few 39 inch TV's and just plaster your wall with them if you're swimming in money

I found a really awesome Stevie Wonder poster a few years ago that I've got in my gaming room, I think classy stuff like that is capable of looking good in a man cave 

As for lighting I have two overhead lamp type of deals I have mounted to the wall above my desk, using red lights to help with melatonin production, I've noticed that after a long night of scripting or editing they do actually help. 

You need some paintings or something up in there, maybe get a few 39 inch TV's and just plaster your wall with them if you're swimming in money

Why a few TV's? Just get one massive 24K TV and you're done. :P

Why a few TV's? Just get one massive 24K TV and you're done. :P

Could you imagine owning one of those, 84 inches of watching the Seahawks get their ass kicked @ 4K for only $24'000! What a deal! 

Could you imagine owning one of those, 84 inches of watching the Seahawks get their ass kicked @ 4K for only $24'000! What a deal! 

Aw that's not nice. :P

I would go black wallpaper instead of paint. Something like the wallpaper in this would look awesome

contemporary-bathroom.jpg

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

I would go black wallpaper instead of paint. Something like the wallpaper in this would look awesome

Up until it peels.

Yeah I like the look of that, be cool if you could find the same design in white/grey for the other walls...

so i just spilt an entire coffee in my lap...

gg

Up until it peels.

Who's been doing your wallpaper jobs? If it's done right you have trouble getting it off

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Who's been doing your wallpaper jobs? If it's done right you have trouble getting it off

I've never had wallpaper myself, I just notice that after a while or in areas with higher humidity it can start to bubble or peel.

Don't forget, a lot of American stuff is done as a half-assed job.

You should definitely try to get/make a corner table... I really like'em.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

You should definitely try to get/make a corner table... I really like'em.

Corner desks are the shit. So much useful space right there.

Corner desks are the shit. So much useful space right there.

I love them because you usually have a lotta space for your legs. My legs are pretty long (no homo) and I have a lotta trouble with desks like the one in the picture... I don't know where to put my feet and I kick the wall quite often - it hurts.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

I love them because you usually have a lotta space for your legs. My legs are pretty long (no homo) and I have a lotta trouble with desks like the one in the picture... I don't know where to put my feet and I kick the wall quite often - it hurts.

I know that feeling. I used my shades as a foot rest when I was gaming.

I know that feeling. I used my shades as a foot rest when I was gaming.

SUN12-PUR-MOGO-madison-park-group-shades

H O W ?

Anyway, I really need one of these( http://cozywinters.com/shopping/graphics/00000001/TCFR_B.jpg ) but they are so overpriced. I'm thinking about DIY one.

:P They were like these.

376151536_696.jpg

OH, Those shades.

Whoa, I'm not the only one from Nebraska here.  :ph34r:

I was beginning to think the stereotype of everyone in Nebraska being behind the times rednecks was true.  :P

Whoa, I'm not the only one from Nebraska here.  :ph34r:

I was beginning to think the stereotype of everyone in Nebraska being behind the times rednecks was true.  :P

Wait

They have computers in Nebraska? 

Wait

They have computers in Nebraska? 

In second grade there was a new kid who moved to my town from Florida, and honestly thought everyone here still rode horses around town. It wasn't even that long ago, late 90's. He actually though everything in the mid-west was still like it was during the wild west days. It still cracks me up...

Yay! Black wall is up along with all the white walls. All paint should be dry by tonight and Ill have everything moved back into place.

post-77334-0-58669100-1410901976_thumb.j

Still a lot of work to do, I'll play with desk configurations to see what I like the best before i put holes in my wall for my TV. I still need to pickup or build shelves and i need to pickup the appropriate lighting.