PC WINDOWS 8.1 ISSUE

hehe :) , but i will the that sfc Thing it says everything is ok -.-

what fix ?

PS : is it normal that i can not Copy and Paste in or out of this Forum ?

Hello again ^^

Now i bought the cheapest CPU for my Socket ... 25 € Celeron :D and everything is okay now ! my i7 seems to have a defect memery Controller ?! can this be ?

it was too nice to be true ... same Problem again.

How old are the drives you are using?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Hmm. Since the drives aren't old, I am now out of Ideas as to what could be the issue. I know it's not just Windows 8, as I know of no one within my circle of classmates, friends, and family tat have had this issue with 8, or 8.1, nor have I had it myself. My guess, is it's something to with your install, and the hardware you're using + drivers suffering some sort of incompatibility, but it's something I can't track down from here.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Greetings , well i think i found the source of the Problem , i borrowed a Computer with Windows 8 on it from a good friend , and on this Computer i have the same Problem , we found out that it maybe has something to do with the missing Audio and Video Codec in Windows 8 , Windows 7 have it all , but Windows 8 dont .

and i think it "hangs" when the Explorer is trying to Show the thumbnail .

In which case, downland and install the K-Lite codec pack. Win 8 and 7 don't even come close to having all of the codecs, but my best guess, is you may still have the default player app set, which is actually pretty shitty. K-Lite codec pack with Media Player Classic Home Cinema will be able to play just about any video file you through at it, aside from the really obscure ones

Hi

I have a Major Problem with my Computer and i Need some Help to solve it and therefore iam here in this nice Forum. It is a more or less Long Story to tell this Problem , i start right away to tell you the Story.

It was November 2012 when i bought my "new" System with the following Components : CPU    =   Intel i7 3770k ( but i never overclocked it , it was just cheaper as the normal one )

Mobo   =   Asus P8Z77 I Deluxe

Case    =  Bitfenix Prodigy

Ram     =  8gb Corsair

So everything runs fine with it till the Summer 2013 came , then it began to overheat i solved this issue with buying a better cooler and 2 more Case fans but , on December 2013 i bought a new GPU for Playing and Recording Video Games and the Pc overheat again so i bought a new Mainboard ( Asrock Z77 Pro 4 ) and a new Case ( Define R4 ) and Windows 8 Pro , i build it all together and it worked fine for few months. Now we get closer to the Major Problem i have with the Computer or with Windows 8 (8.1) , i do lots of photograph and Video recording and when i Need to Copy or Move the Photo or Video Data to the Computer or away or on another drive in the Computer it Stops Copying at a Random Point. Then i heard about DataManager Software and i tried a Tool called " Double Commander " and with this Program i can copy , move every "multimedia" without any Problems , but i don't wont to use thirdparty Software for a Standart usage Scenario that Windows 7 ( on the same Computer ) and Linux is capable to do , So can anybody Help me with that Windows 8 (8.1) Data copy problem ?.

Edit1 : how can i post Screenshots in a Forum ?

Edit2 : sometimes i can copy the files with the Windows Explorer but in 99% not.

Thanks in advance!

Herr_Scharfi

hi mate it looks like your hard drive is on the wayout best thing is to buy a new harddrive and clone it before it finally fails.

Jack Whitbread

Ultras0nix

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings !

So i bought a new SSD , and 2 New Harddrives , and it happens again , but now the main Problem expand ! some times i now i cant delete multimedia files , because some Windows Service Blocks the Windows Explorer , its called COM SURROGATE when i kill this Service it starts right away from where it stops , this explains it why it works with Linux and Vista and 7 because COM SURROGATE is not so CLOSE to the System , even with the new Test Version of Windows 10 it stops Transfering or Delete Data...

what can i do now  ?

Edit1 : when it stops the Ram runs Full ( over ) idk

Edit2 : I did a Fresh Installation of Windows 8 , and Run SFC /scannow right after it was installed , it found some defectiv Files...

Greetings !

So i bought a new SSD , and 2 New Harddrives , and it happens again , but now the main Problem expand ! some times i now i cant delete multimedia files , because some Windows Service Blocks the Windows Explorer , its called COM SURROGATE when i kill this Service it starts right away from where it stops , this explains it why it works with Linux and Vista and 7 because COM SURROGATE is not so CLOSE to the System , even with the new Test Version of Windows 10 it stops Transfering or Delete Data...

what can i do now  ?

Edit1 : when it stops the Ram runs Full ( over ) idk

Edit2 : I did a Fresh Installation of Windows 8 , and Run SFC /scannow right after it was installed , it found some defectiv Files...

whatever installation media you are using is corrupted, get a new one.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Well i have the Original Windows 8 DVD and a Downloadet Image on a USB Key

Edit1 : i try a fresh Installation again from an other USB Key and new Downloadet Image , brb soon.

Hello

I have now installed Windows 8 again , right after the Installation i run sfc /scannow it found nothing , then i tried to copy some multimedia files to the new Harddrive and at around 20% it got stuck , the Com Surrogate Service blocked the "Transfer Operation" i killed this Com Surrogate thing and then the Explorer Startet new . Now i run sfc /scannow again und it found defective Files.

Edit: i think it has something to do with the Thumbnail mini Picture ... now the  COM SURROGATE is active and i cant even watch .jpg files , why Windows 8 and 8.1 and 10 are not able to do normal stuff like that ? but Windows Vista , 7 and Linux can ..

v8ngx8o4geb.png

On this Picture i only want the rightclick the multimediafile and open the properties but right after the click it got stucked

Hello

I have now installed Windows 8 again , right after the Installation i run sfc /scannow it found nothing , then i tried to copy some multimedia files to the new Harddrive and at around 20% it got stuck , the Com Surrogate Service blocked the "Transfer Operation" i killed this Com Surrogate thing and then the Explorer Startet new . Now i run sfc /scannow again und it found defective Files.

Edit: i think it has something to do with the Thumbnail mini Picture ... now the  COM SURROGATE is active and i cant even watch .jpg files , why Windows 8 and 8.1 and 10 are not able to do normal stuff like that ? but Windows Vista , 7 and Linux can ..

v8ngx8o4geb.png

On this Picture i only want the rightclick the multimediafile and open the properties but right after the click it got stucked

it found corrupted files because you ended a core windows service...

All this is pointing towards a dead drive. When you transfer smaller files it works fine, right? It's when you do bigger ones it fails, right?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Yes thats right , but why does it not happen on Windows 7 and so on ?

what i just found out , on Windows 7 the files have thumbnail on Windows 8 they dont.

Well , why should all my harddrive be defectiv ? , because yesterday i bought some new drives.

can it be that the Files are defect by itself ?

this Problem drives me Crazy ... when iam doing some Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Elements everything is ok , when i try to Copy that file to another Harddrive or UsbKey etc. sometimes it workes sometimes not..

Yes thats right , but why does it not happen on Windows 7 and so on ?

what i just found out , on Windows 7 the files have thumbnail on Windows 8 they dont.

Well , why should all my harddrive be defectiv ? , because yesterday i bought some new drives.

can it be that the Files are defect by itself ?

this Problem drives me Crazy ... when iam doing some Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Elements everything is ok , when i try to Copy that file to another Harddrive or UsbKey etc. sometimes it workes sometimes not..

each windows operating system had some changes.

this same issue also appears on OS10.8 and higher, but not anything lower.

It is just how they handle file systems now.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

and what can i do now ?

should i try a different File Format ? like exfat ? i know its for FlashDrives but is it worth a try ?

right now all my drives are formatted in NTFS.

and what can i do now ?

should i try a different File Format ? like exfat ? i know its for FlashDrives but is it worth a try ?

right now all my drives are formatted in NTFS.

You can get a new drive.

Its on its way out.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

like i said , i bought yesterday some new drives , and now i have the same Problems again . All Programms that check the Drives on Errors give me a good Feedback that everything is okay with them.

Greetings , i found a new Problem , when the data Transfer stop randomly and i watch a youtube video at the same time , the video gets blocky and green and purple , pink color , but the audio runs fine , and again this problem are only on windows 8 , 8.1 and test version of Windows 10.

Greetings , i found the key to the Problem , it was the miniaturepictures or thumbnails i deactivate  it and now everything is nice , but i dont see any .jpg thumbnails and so on , but what causes this problem ? deactivate