PC WINDOWS 8.1 ISSUE

Hi

I have a Major Problem with my Computer and i Need some Help to solve it and therefore iam here in this nice Forum. It is a more or less Long Story to tell this Problem , i start right away to tell you the Story.

It was November 2012 when i bought my "new" System with the following Components : CPU    =   Intel i7 3770k ( but i never overclocked it , it was just cheaper as the normal one )

Mobo   =   Asus P8Z77 I Deluxe

Case    =  Bitfenix Prodigy

Ram     =  8gb Corsair

So everything runs fine with it till the Summer 2013 came , then it began to overheat i solved this issue with buying a better cooler and 2 more Case fans but , on December 2013 i bought a new GPU for Playing and Recording Video Games and the Pc overheat again so i bought a new Mainboard ( Asrock Z77 Pro 4 ) and a new Case ( Define R4 ) and Windows 8 Pro , i build it all together and it worked fine for few months. Now we get closer to the Major Problem i have with the Computer or with Windows 8 (8.1) , i do lots of photograph and Video recording and when i Need to Copy or Move the Photo or Video Data to the Computer or away or on another drive in the Computer it Stops Copying at a Random Point. Then i heard about DataManager Software and i tried a Tool called " Double Commander " and with this Program i can copy , move every "multimedia" without any Problems , but i don't wont to use thirdparty Software for a Standart usage Scenario that Windows 7 ( on the same Computer ) and Linux is capable to do , So can anybody Help me with that Windows 8 (8.1) Data copy problem ?.

Edit1 : how can i post Screenshots in a Forum ?

Edit2 : sometimes i can copy the files with the Windows Explorer but in 99% not.

Thanks in advance!

Herr_Scharfi

failing drive.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

but why i have no Problems under Windows 7 and Linux ?

are you running dual boot or did you fresh install windows 8?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I do not run dual boot , i did serveral fresh installations for Windows 7 and 8 and Linux

I do not run dual boot , i did serveral fresh installations for Windows 7 and 8 and Linux

then the drive is almost certainly failing.

The re install just pushed it over the edge.

Check for the latest drivers, background processes, and try the transfer in safe mode.

If it still acts weird in safe mode, then the drive is failing.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

I have more then 1 Drive in my Computer : 1 ssd for the OS and 2 HDD for Filestorage and several Usb and SD Cards and it happend to all of them under Windows 8 , but iam going to try the safe mode now.

So was now in the Safe Mode and the Problem is still there , but in the Safemode it does not get down to 0 mb/s it goes to 893 KB/s but it stucks there.

I also tried the latest Driver from the Manufactuer

Run Seatools to make sure no drives are failing, or have issues.*

*Seatools works on non-Seagate drives as well. Don't screw with the advanced menu, you could easily wipe your drive if you aren't paying attention. Also DO NOT run it on the SSD. HDD tools, are not meant to run on SSD's as they have completely different addressing structures, and rules to how and when to write.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

i downloaded the Tool and run a S.M.A.R.T Check and it says everything is Ok , and for my ssd i downloaded the Samsung tool ( my ssd is from them ) it says its everything alright with the ssd

Run the Short Drive Self Test, Short Generic, and Long Generic as well. The test you ran, only checks S.M.A.R.T. which is basically hardware monitoring, but you can still have loads of dead sectors that S.M.A.R.T. would not pick up. Chkdsk would aslo be good to run on the HDD's but the Seatools tests should be enough.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

ok will do the Tests , but that explains not why everything is alright under Windows 7 and Linux , i only have that issue with Windows 8 and 8.1 , but we will see what the test says.   

so Short Self Test , Short Generic are fine , Long generic takes 6- 10 hours i aborted it .

Chdsk says its everything good with the drives.

and how can i upload a Picture to my post ?

ok will do the Tests , but that explains not why everything is alright under Windows 7 and Linux , i only have that issue with Windows 8 and 8.1 , but we will see what the test says.   

so Short Self Test , Short Generic are fine , Long generic takes 6- 10 hours i aborted it .

Chdsk says its everything good with the drives.

and how can i upload a Picture to my post ?

Easiest way, is to upload it to a site like puush, or imgur, and then use the image button above, and post it via the link to the image.

ah now it goes . lttferror1vip8a.png

and here Nr2 lttferror2eoph4.png

"Wechseldatrenträger means something like USB-Key or SDCARD , External Harddisk and so on.

ah now it goes . lttferror1vip8a.png

and here Nr2 lttferror2eoph4.png

"Wechseldatrenträger means something like USB-Key or SDCARD , External Harddisk and so on.

are you trying to transfer all those at once? That would explain it.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

For the error, I'd head over to the bugs forum, and post it there, and maybe @colonel_mortis might help you out. As for the actual issue, I can't read what is says (don't speak the language), but just from the look, I think it may be a driver issue? I say it as a question because I get the issue with my external HDD when it's plugged into USB, though I don't see why that would happen internally, unless it's a super old drive.

are you trying to transfer all those at once? That would explain it.

No, I've had multiple and by multiple I mean upwards of 15 sets of transfers running at once. All Windows does at that point is either start slowing down all transfers, trying to even things out, or starts prioritizing some transfers over others (occasionally round-robining the priority/speed). It won't just drop all transfers because you're doing multiple at once, at least one should be running.

no , i dont "copy / move" all at the same time , windows 8.1 "collect" them i 1 dialog. , yes driver issue it can be , but i tried it with out the driver ( fresh windows installation ) and with the drivers from the manufacturers website , but as i wrote before it get also "stuck" in the safemode :(lttferror3zwqm2.png

on the "large picture" i tried 5 different usb keys .

I'd try installing and using TeraCopy. I know you don't want to use 3rd party software, but in all honesty, it's worth it. The way TeraCopy works, you get a lot of extra functionality, and better speed.

1. TeraCopy provides CRC's for all files that you can validate against after your operation has finished
  2. It supports "recovery" of operation progress in case a drive suddenly disconnects or something
    1. Great for USB drives, as you have time to re-connect them, and the operation will resume where it left off
  3. Replaces built in FIle Explorer copy/paste/move operations by default so no launching of another application
  4. Speeds up copy/move operations significantly
  5. Allows drives to be disconnected/ejected when the queued work is done
  6. Allows auto-shutdown of system once operation completed
  7. Price: $Free.99

i know terycopy but why is the windows explorer not able to get the job done ? and tools like double commander or TeraCopy can it ?

i know terycopy but why is the windows explorer not able to get the job done ? and tools like double commander or TeraCopy can it ?

Well, File Explorer did change some, from Windows 7 when it was Windows Explorer, so it could be that the device you're using doesn't like the new explorer which would be incredibly rare, or, more likely a driver issue, in conjunction with what USB port you are using it in. I also have to ask, what size is the receiving device's storage? I've known Windows to usually warn you when there is no room on a device for stuff, but occasionally, and more so in 8/8.1 it likes to just go as far as it can, and then stop never saying anything.

well the drives Size's are :

SDD = 120gb (90 gb free)

HDD = 1tb      (749 gb free)

HDD = 4tb      (3400gb free)

All Usb keys are 16gb and 100% free

it happend to all of the drives ..  when i want to copy some media files from c to d it stops ... from d to e it stops .. and so on.

i tried it on all USB and SATA ports that i have , even over the lan network the file transfair fails.

Hello again , i run some other tests too and all Programs give a positiv Feedback , i dont know what to do , i have this Problem the last few months and it drives me Crazy :/ .

Games and Other Applications run fine btw.

Do you have a licensed copy of windows ? Try running sfc scan and do updates .

P.S: Try this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972 .

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

Hello , yes i have licensed copys of Windows ... Windows 7 was 70 € and Windows 8 was about 40 € , this update is for Windows 7 , i have no Problems under Windows 7 , i have this Major Problem under Windows 8 and 8.1

Hello , yes i have licensed copys of Windows ... Windows 7 was 70 € and Windows 8 was about 40 € , this update is for Windows 7 , i have no Problems under Windows 7 , i have this Major Problem under Windows 8 and 8.1

You didn't say what motherboard you use . If it has NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset give it a try , also run sfc and do updates .

Yeah nvm , I always rush  . . 

Edit : Ok , so your motherboard uses Intel chipset , if updates and sfc scan fail you might give that fix a try .

Edited by Uranus

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <