Watercooling in an H440..

Brawly

I have a few concerns. I want to get into watercooling sometime around Christmas, because I know I'll have some extra money. I plan on waiting for the 970 to drop, pick that up and then get a Gigabyte SOC board to match my white and orange theme. I plan on watercooling my CPU and the 970, and the only place where I can seem to fit a rad that isn't 30mm thin is in the front of the case. Would putting a thicker rad (45-60mm) in the front be a better option then putting a thin rad at the top? Both would be 360 rads, the top rad would be in exhaust, while the front in intake, so I assume that with the rad in the front, hot air would be blown all over my components. Would this have a large effect on my GPU temps, seeing that its going to be on the same loop? Which is the better option?

I've been wondering as well.

Planning on getting a H220X and using that to make a full loop (CPU, GPU)

Would a H440 be okay?

Ill be following this thread. Good luck Brawly, Hope you get a 360 rad :3

*bump*

Whipped up this real fast in GIMP, gonna be going for acrylic EK Blocks and orange pastel coolant. I know, use distilled water, yada yada, but if I have to go and clean it out every so often I will (I'll have to), and I think it's worth it with the color and everything in the res.

5e5b5b12492412fea75a48f36d118bbb.png

I'll be using EK for the CPU and GPU (970) blocks, as well as the pump top which will be somewhere in the view through the side window, nothing here is permanent obviously. For a rad I have a 60mm Phobya 360, and I chose a nice bitspower res with white caps. And yeah, that will be rigid tubing, haven't decided between acrylic or PETG yet. Gonna polish up the EK blocks really nice and I think this'll look and perform pretty well! Oh, and I'm also switching all my cougars and NZXT case fans for both Corsair AF and SP120 quiets, painted white and orange with a custom sticker in the center. And I'll be throwing some vinyl and maybe even some case modding in here as well, I haven't decided yet.

1. The only thickness I could fit would be a 30mm

2. If you're talking about having it as a second rad, then it's possible if I get enough money, but if not then money is the issue.

Definitely try and go for the second rad at the top, save up longer if you have to. 

SYSTEM: AMD FX-6300, 8GB Corsair Vengeance ram, Gigabyte Windforce 760, 1TB HDD, CoolerMaster HAF 912 case, Hyper 212 evo w/ Noctua.

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014, Zowie FK1, ASUS 1080p monitor, Sennheiser HD 558.