What is most important to you in a phone?

MrImnotMLG

I'm lazy and almost forgot to do a poll for my statistics class. Sorry for those options. I had to have three options. No more. No less.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

That Samsung Logo.

Because Samsung always delivers everything I want and need. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

NONE OF THE ABOVE, FUCK IT CUT THE CORD! LIGHTS OUT, GUERRILLA RADIO! TURN THAT SHIT UP!

In all seriousness though it is none of the above for me. The design of the software and build quality are the most important.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I said horsepower, but I really think software is more important here, Ubuntu touch needs to become a primary phone OS.

no, i use a note 3, don't care about the brand, only care about the screen size

Than you should get the Galaxy Mega, or even the Galaxy Note 12.2 with LTE and use it as a phone!

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

teh instagram straight flexin... obv :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Than you should get the Galaxy Mega, or even the Galaxy Note 12.2 with LTE and use it as a phone!

dude i already got a phone, no need to change it right now

the ability to call/text, what phones were invented for.

NONE OF THE ABOVE, FUCK IT CUT THE CORD! LIGHTS OUT, GUERRILLA RADIO! TURN THAT SHIT UP!

In all seriousness though it is none of the above for me. The design of the software and build quality are the most important.

I said horsepower, but I really think software is more important here, Ubuntu touch needs to become a primary phone OS.

Sorry guys. The teacher said three options only.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Nothing other having it be as cheap as possible and in the future I will go magicJack once I am done with Comwave.  As for a smart phone/ cell phone to me it is a luxury if I had one and I really don't need one right now anyway.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Optimally, I would want an even focus on both battery life and performance.
However, if you can only choose between one or the other I guess I would
have to go with performance - although everyone obviously wants brilliant
battery life, at the end of the day there's little point for me if the device
isn't powerful enough for me to actually put that battery life to meaningful
use. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Being able to call and text

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

For me its the experience and than everything after that for example I love CM11S,Stock Android, and Sense 6 that you find on One M8. So for me its first off the software than the horsepower than the battery and than everything else but since you didnt put option for software i voted Horsepower

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Tough call. I'd say it's a combination of power and battery life. I can get a phone with a 5000mah battery. But it has a shit processor and screen...so, I won't buy it.

Therefore I can't really say that battery life is most important.

To me there are trade offs I'll make, and others I won't. It has to be balanced.

There is no one thing that I look for, but there can be one thing that makes or breaks it for me.

Nothing other having it be as cheap as possible and in the future I will go magicJack once I am done with Comwave.  As for a smart phone/ cell phone to me it is a luxury if I had one and I really don't need one right now anyway.

Why go magicJack?

I find being able to take my phone with me wherever extremely useful. Plus that GPS. Priceless.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Battery life, SD card slot and the (rear) camera. Phones are powerful enough for the time being and going higher than 1080p on a 5" screen really doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I prefer removeable batteries.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Dat battery life.

Would totally be fine with something like the Moto G with a 10000 mA pack strapped to it and an extra Gig of RAM. 

the ability to call/text, what phones were invented for.

Yes! YES!

I hate how many reviewers don't even cover these. Call quality, and signal strength are so important aong with battery life.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Call quality, screen quality and accuracy of the touch

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

The most important factor for me in a smartphone is the build quality! I don't care how amazing the display, the battery, or the performance is, if it isn't enjoyable to hold, its not for me! Same goes for software.

--- Have a Nice Day! ---

Battery life and touchscreen accuracy. And ofc that it runs android.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

-snip-

Mad much?

Oh no you did not!!!

Look at my sig bro!

EDIT: For a phone, I think display needs to look good to me, not spec-wise, the CPU/GPU need to be fast enough and decent battery life. Aesthetics are a big deal too, and so is the software it is running. That said, my current phone is an iPhone 4S...Not looking to upgrade that any time soon.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz