AMD Water cooling noob

Hi guys, I just joined the forum, I'm thinking about liquid cooling my system but I have no experience with any water cooling at all other than the closed circuit cpu liquid coolers

My system specs are:

Case: Shinobi XL window

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula Z

Processor: AMD FX- 8350 AM3+

PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860

GPU: 2x r9 290x 1. MSI Radeon r9 290x, 2. Sapphire tri-x r9 290x

Hardrives: 1x WD Blue 1TB

SSD: 1x ADATA SX900 128gb

I'm thinking about watercooling the processor and the two graphics card, i know which waterblocks to use but i have no idea what fittings to use or what tubings to use nor do i know which pump i need

I have taken out the entire hard drive bracket from the case since that was the only option for me to make more space for fans and radiator mounting space, there are currently enough space for 2 fans in the bottom, 2 for the front, 3 for the top, and 1 for the back

My question is what kind of fittings, tubings, pumps and reservoir do i need to go with a EK-Supremacy EVO, two EKWB-EK-FC R9-290X-Acetal (Rev 2.0)

I want the entire thing to look as neat as possible, so the price isn't a problem, but i live in mississauga so my options are a little limited in shipping, the only supplier in Mississauga seems to be Dazmode.com

Please help me with this build if any of you have time to

Welcome to LinusTechTips forums!

Have you read the two pined threads about water cooling yet? These should explain what you need and such.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1755-water-cooling-101-a-good-place-for-newbies-to-start/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5435-watercooling-faq-some-basic-qa/

Also after you finishing read the threads I linked and if you have some questions, just ask them here.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Welcome to LinusTechTips forums!

Have you read the two pined threads about water cooling yet? These should explain what you need and such.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1755-water-cooling-101-a-good-place-for-newbies-to-start/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5435-watercooling-faq-some-basic-qa/

Also after you finishing read the threads I linked and if you have some questions, just ask them here.

Thank you very much

My question is what kind of fittings, tubings, pumps and reservoir do i need to go with a EK-Supremacy EVO, two EKWB-EK-FC R9-290X-Acetal (Rev 2.0)

I want the entire thing to look as neat as possible, so the price isn't a problem, but i live in mississauga so my options are a little limited in shipping, the only supplier in Mississauga seems to be Dazmode.com

Please help me with this build if any of you have time to

Fittings: Bitspower compression fittings 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Pump: Swiftech MCP655 or Alphacool VPP655

Reservoir: EK X-RES 140

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Fittings: Bitspower compression fittings 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Tubing: Primochill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD

Pump: Swiftech MCP655 or Alphacool VPP655

Reservoir: EK X-RES 140

What if i wanted to make the tubes go straight? with a really neat overall look?

What if i wanted to make the tubes go straight? with a really neat overall look?

You would need to get special tube that you prebend yourself by heating it up with a blow torch, bending it, and hoping it fits. This is a lot of work and planning and should not be attempted by a noob.

You mean you want hard / rigid tubing. You can, make sure you've really done your research though. Pro's and con's etc. and realize that you're in for quite a project. 

There are a bunch of companies that offer hard / rigid tubing. E22, EK, Primochill and Bitspower Crystal link are all good ways to go.

You also need different kinds of fittings for rigid tubing, Bitspower Multi-link would be my recommendation. 

As for the actual installing of the tubing. There are two roads you can take.

#1: spend more on fittings and angled fittings and just make a bunch of straight hard tubing runs.

#2: spend less on fittings, buy a heat gun and bend the tubing to the desired shapes. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You mean you want hard / rigid tubing. You can, make sure you've really done your research though. Pro's and con's etc. and realize that you're in for quite a project.

There are a bunch of companies that offer hard / rigid tubing. E22, EK, Primochill and Bitspower Crystal link are all good ways to go.

You also need different kinds of fittings for rigid tubing, Bitspower Multi-link would be my recommendation.

As for the actual installing of the tubing. There are two roads you can take.

#1: spend more on fittings and angled fittings and just make a bunch of straight hard tubing runs.

#2: spend less on fittings, buy a heat gun and bend the tubing to the desired shapes.

Thank you, I'll do more research on it first

You would need to get special tube that you prebend yourself by heating it up with a blow torch, bending it, and hoping it fits. This is a lot of work and planning and should not be attempted by a noob.

Yeah, I'll probably go with a simpler one first haha

Rigid tubing looks amazing, but it can become inconvenient if you upgrade your system often. Not all future components will have inlets/outlets in the same exact locations, so you would have to redo your whole piping system in order to accommodate any upgrades

Rigid tubing looks amazing, but it can become inconvenient if you upgrade your system often. Not all future components will have inlets/outlets in the same exact locations, so you would have to redo your whole piping system in order to accommodate any upgrades

well i think I'm going to leave this build like this after the watercooling since it's my secondary build and it's a full AMD build, i use this system for gaming mostly and my other one for work