GTX 780Ti @1440p

NoodleAssassin

....... That is on an empty server and there's not a whole lot going on. It WILL dip below 60fps on a 64 player server with tons of explosions and "levolution" going on. Also, BF4 is not the most demanding game out there.

yes but those drop downs on 64 player servers are related to the cpu mainaly, this is wenn the game become´s cpu+ gpu bound :)

It Would Occasionally Dip Below 60 FPS But A 290 Wont Keep A Consistent 60 FPS You Would Either Need Crossfire Or A 290X Or 295. BTW Im Not An AMD Hater I Just Speak From Experience If He Is On A Budget He Should Go 290X But I Personally Like 780 Ti Better That's All lol  

THat does not realy depends on the gpu, but on the cpu mainaly.

Because on 64 people server, the game becomes cpu + gpu bound.

Those drops will mainaly be caused by the cpu.

Because on a 64 people server the cpu has a hard time to keep up with a highend gpu like a 290 or 780Ti.

To render 64 people running flying everywhere.

It Would Occasionally Dip Below 60 FPS But A 290 Wont Keep A Consistent 60 FPS You Would Either Need Crossfire Or A 290X Or 295. BTW Im Not An AMD Hater I Just Speak From Experience If He Is On A Budget He Should Go 290X But I Personally Like 780 Ti Better That's All lol  

That's not the point (and for the love of god type normally). A 780ti is >600 bucks, while an R9 290 can be had for far less. The OP also stated that he wants to play at 1440p and 100+FPS, which is not possible on a single 780ti. He would have to get 2 of them, which would (apparently) be out of his budget. Also, saying "it's just my opinion" doesn't ward off all criticism on your arguments. There are valid reasons not to go for an AMD GPU, but saying that the power consumption or the heat is an issue if you're planning on getting a high end rig is not one of them.

yes but those drop downs on 64 player servers are related to the cpu mainaly, this is wenn the game become´s cpu+ gpu bound :)

The video he posted was someone just running around on an intact and empty map, with more players there will be more explosions and generally more activity on the screen. Once stuff blows up and your whole screen is filled with fire and smoke your framerate will tank, and that is GPU related.

...The OP also stated that he wants to play at 1440p and 100+FPS...

I Dont Recall Him Stating That... I Recall You Stating That

PS I Will NEVER Type Normal

I Dont Recall Him Stating That... I Recall You Stating That

PS I Will NEVER Type Normal

How will this card perform at 1440p 144Hz?

^^^^^

The video he posted was someone just running around on an intact and empty map, with more players there will be more explosions and generally more activity on the screen. Once stuff blows up and your whole screen is filled with fire and smoke your framerate will tank, and that is GPU related.

Yes offcourse, but the cpu also plays a big role in this, wenn it comes to the fps drops in those 64 people servers.

Maybe even more then the GPU..

Still my vote goes to a R9-290 over a 780Ti at 1440P any day of the week.

Just because price to performance.

And offcourse Mantle!

Where In That Post Did He Say He Wants 100+ FPS???

1440p 144Hz (and yes, a 144Hz monitor implies that you want a higher framerate than 60 for the most part)...... I know, reading is hard.

This is such a funny graph, biassed to Nvidia lol

Overclocked 980 Sli, against a reference 290 crossfire @ stock

And the overclocked 980 sli, gets allmost beaten by stock reference 947mhz 290 crossfire.

Nvidia gets Butt hurted again!!  :D

Because Nvidia is the one who made this bench and "leaked" it ahead of their official announcement... Too many fanboys.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

1440p 144Hz (and yes, a 144Hz monitor implies that you want a higher framerate than 60 for the most part)...... I know, reading is hard.

Not Eveyone Who Gets A 144Hz Monitor Intends To Get 100+ FPS Sometimes They Just Want More Than 60 Or 75

Not Eveyone Who Gets A 144Hz Monitor Intends To Get 100+ FPS Sometimes They Just Want More Than 60 Or 75

Now you're just trying to waste my time. Welcome on my ignore list.

That's not the point (and for the love of god type normally). A 780ti is >600 bucks, while an R9 290 can be had for far less. The OP also stated that he wants to play at 1440p and 100+FPS, which is not possible on a single 780ti. He would have to get 2 of them, which would (apparently) be out of his budget. Also, saying "it's just my opinion" doesn't ward off all criticism on your arguments. There are valid reasons not to go for an AMD GPU, but saying that the power consumption or the heat is an issue if you're planning on getting a high end rig is not one of them.

Judging By The Fact That He Wants A 1440P At 144Hz (The Asus ROG Swift Is $800) Im Guessing His Budget Is Pretty High

Now you're just trying to waste my time. Welcome on my ignore list.

And I Apologize On Wasting Your Time But I Didnt Comment On This Post For You

A 780 Ti Can Do 1440P At 60+ FPS My Friend 

Pretty sure you'll be know where near the 120-144hz monitor cap

Thanks people. But I plan to use G-Sync, so do you guys think I should go with two GTX 770's now? Or should I maybe go with 2 GTX 970's.

the 780ti should hold 60 fps in all modern games, except crysis.

for 100+ fps SLI will be necessary

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Thanks people. But I plan to use G-Sync, so do you guys think I should go with two GTX 770's now? Or should I maybe go with 2 GTX 970's.

Adaptive sync standard is on the way so you will no longer have to be trapped in a vendor locked ecosystem.

it looks like the new series of nvidia  graphics are basically a refresh. since it doesnt outperform the current ones... R9 295 X2 still king of the hill... according to rumors.. just saying

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

Id buy 2 290's lol. Both 290's will anailate a 780 ti and cost almost the same

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

All the current rumors and graphs show that a stock 980 outperforms a stock 780 Ti by about 10 percent.

I have two 780 Tis and can tell you that sli is required if you want to keep consistent above 60 fps average at 1440p. One will not do it and neither will a 980 since it's a small performance increase.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.