HyperX Cloud or ATH M50

marvin3

I'm considering get a new headset/headphones, but I do not know what to get. I already ordered the ATH M50, but I can cancel within these hours. I saw that the HyperX cloud headset have good reviews and are $79.99, right now. The ATH M50's are more appealing to me, I also order the Zalman mic piece with it. Money is not an issue between the two, just figured that if I can get the same quality with the HyperX. Why would I spend extra for the same quality? Any recommendations though? 

ATH M50's I ordered

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZG9TMA/ref=twister_B00GN67QM0

V.S. 

HyperX Cloud

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1410740824&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=hyperx+cloud

I'd go for the HyperX unless you can find the M50's on sale for less than $100. They're not worth any more than that (I own a pair).

I'm considering get a new headset/headphones, but I do not know what to get. I already ordered the ATH M50, but I can cancel within these hours. I saw that the HyperX cloud headset have good reviews and are $79.99, right now. The ATH M50's are more appealing to me, I also order the Zalman mic piece with it. Money is not an issue between the two, just figured that if I can get the same quality with the HyperX. Why would I spend extra for the same quality? Any recommendations though? 

ATH M50's I ordered

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZG9TMA/ref=twister_B00GN67QM0

V.S. 

HyperX Cloud

http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1410740824&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=hyperx+cloud

Well, the Clouds perform better in gaming because of the Soundstage and imaging. They're also more comfortable and have a nicer build imo.

Even if you choose to go with AT, I'd recommend cancelling the order on the M50s and ordering the M40x' instead. They share the same general sound signature, and have fixed some issues the M50s have, such as the padding, whilst being cheaper. 

EDIT: Fyi, I own both products. I have a review on the Clouds, link in my signature :)

Well, the Clouds perform better in gaming because of the Soundstage and imaging. Even if you choose to go with AT, I'd recommend cancelling the order on the M50s and ordering the M40x' instead. They share the same general sound signature, and have fixed some issues the M50s have, such as the padding, whilst being cheaper. 

EDIT: Fyi, I own both products. I have a review on the Clouds, link in my signature :)

What's better than both those around the $130 price tag?

I'd go for the HyperX unless you can find the M50's on sale for less than $100. They're not worth any more than that (I own a pair).

Really, why are they so hyped then? What else do you recommend?

as do I, they are literally a cloud, there so soft, and they sound good, there a rebrand of a $210 headset

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

M50 :P

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Really, why are they so hyped then? What else do you recommend?

Because of multiple Youtube reviewers who praise them over other headphones (like Beats by Dre, which isn't hard to beat). They're alright headphones, just not worth the price they are, which is why if they're on sale then they're a good deal.

So HyperX Cloud would be your best bet if you're choosing between those.

What's better than both those around the $130 price tag?

There isn't much of an upgrade until you hit the $200 price range. the M40x is my personal recommendation for $100 closed headphones. 

Because of multiple Youtube reviewers who praise them over other headphones (like Beats by Dre, which isn't hard to beat). They're alright headphones, just not worth the price they are, which is why if they're on sale then they're a good deal.

Honestly, they aren't bad headphones by no means, but simply do not live up to the hype. The HyperX Clouds on the other hands, I believe they do mostly. 

You don't recommend anything other than the Clouds?

How good is the sound for gaming?

Absolutely great, that's my choice.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

How good is the sound for gaming?

M50's aren't good for gaming imo. Their soundstage is tiny and imaging isn't too good. The HyperX clouds are better for gaming.

Oops, double post. 

Does Sennheiser or Shure have anything better?

M50's aren't good for gaming imo. Their soundstage is tiny and imaging isn't too good. The HyperX clouds are better for gaming.

M40x or the HyperX's? I do listen to music as well. 

You don't recommend anything other than the Clouds?

If you want to get a headphone/modmic combo I would recommend,

Headphones: Sennheiser 558's, HD280's, or the 518's depending on what you're willing to spend along with a Zalman Modmic.

The reason I list those headphones over the Audio-Technica ones is because these are well worth the money over them, in my opinion. The M40x's have a good value, but it's just my personal preference.

Does Sennheiser or Shure have anything better?

I don't usually consider Sennheiser for closed back headphones in this price range, but the HD280s don't look bad, and shure's offering are the SRH440s. I prefer the m40x.

M40x or the HyperX's? I do listen to music as well. 

If you do both, the HyperX is probably the way to go. 

If you want to get a headphone/modmic combo I would recommend,

Headphones: Sennheiser 558's, HD280's, or the 518's depending on what you're willing to spend along with a Zalman Modmic.

The reason I list those headphones over the Audio-Technica ones is because these are well worth the money over them, in my opinion. The M40x's have a good value, but it's just my personal preference.

What is the best out of both of those?

I don't usually consider Sennheiser for closed back headphones in this price range, but the HD280s don't look bad, and shure's offering are the SRH440s. I prefer the m40x.

If you do both, the HyperX is probably the way to go. 

Seriously? I am shocked. Most people would say it's better to go with headphones and a clip on. Are they really that good? Or is just the Linus hype?

Seriously? I am shocked. Most people would say it's better to go with headphones and a clip on. Are they really that good? Or is just the Linus hype?

I posted my review a week before his video... So probably not haha. If we were comparing the HyperX Clouds to an open pair of Home-Use headphones, the open headphones would probably win, like the HD518s. 

Ye m8, everyone's basically saying they're just rebranded high-ish-end headphones with a mic attached.

What is the best out of both of those?

I haven't personally tried the 558's, but they likely sound the best. I can only comment personally on the ATH-M50's and the Sennheiser HD280's, and the HD280's sound like sexiness (not that the M50's don't, they just aren't worth the price).

Ye m8, everyone's basically saying they're just rebranded high-ish-end headphones with a mic attached.

I haven't personally tried the 558's, but they likely sound the best. I can only comment personally on the ATH-M50's and the Sennheiser HD280's, and the HD280's sound like sexiness (not that the M50's don't, they just aren't worth the price).

HD280's or the Clouds? I sorry for being annoying. I just want to make the right purchase.

HD280's or the Clouds? I sorry for being annoying. I just want to make the right purchase.

The Clouds are the ones that are basically rebranded high-ish-end headphones.

If you're wanting a headphone/mic combo I'd go with the Clouds. I'm thinking about buying them myself after I get rid of my M50's, haha.

They're probably being hyped up a bit TOO Much, because honestly they aren't $200 headphones with a mic lol. 

About the HD558s, they sound very similar to my HD598s, except a slightly smaller soundstage and a more punchy bass. They're definitely better than the others imo. Can't say anything about the HD280s though.