Advice please (can't decide)

Subcola

Hello,

I bought ps4 in early July and sold it a week ago. I did that because of my friends, they both have xbox one (they had ps4 before) and I want to play Gta5,AC unity with them. I was originally planning to pickup xbox one, but after watching some videos on youtube, and I don't feel so sure about my decision. I'm a techie and I really do care about resolution and graphics, and after watching xb1 gameplay xb1 games looked like a color mess without sharpness to me. I want the best stuff my money can buy and I just don't feel that xbox one can deliver me that. On the other side PS4 is awesome but I don't really have a lot of friends there. I'm thinking with xbox you get experience but with ps4 you get performance. On one side because I'm the techie type of a person and ps4 fits me but on another side I really want to play with friends. I don't know what should I do, buy ps4 again or xb1

Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks

Ps: So fast answers gotta love this forum <3

Get a pc. Much better performance. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Convert them to PC, all your problems will be solved.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Than get the xbox. I'll literally not give a damn about peer pressure and play on a PC no matter what. 

Just make all your friends switch to PC.

#PCMasterRace

Literally, I'll go with the XBOX... Much better exclusives are coming to XBOX so.. 

(or get both)

(or have all the consoles with a gaming PC)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Since you don't care about resolutions & stuff, From your perspective XB1 would be a good pick for you..PS4 is good but quite similar so why not XB?

Details separate people.

How much more does a pc cost with same preformance as ps4? I already have a monitor so I guess that is like -150€

A ps4 performs much better than a xbox one.If i had to choose i would choose a PS4.But since you want to play with friends and your friends have xbox one buy one yourself. 

(gaming isnt that much fun without friends)

Probably best to get what your buddys have... even if it's not the best option.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You say Xbox has the experience and PS4 has the performance, I'd say PS4 has both infinitely more than the Xbox does.

But either way, if you want to play with your friends, obviously Xbox would be the choice to go with. Otherwise, I'd get a PS4.

How much more does a pc cost with same preformance as ps4? I already have a monitor so I guess that is like -150€

Ps4 has a steady performance of 60fps at 1080p. To achieve that on pc you have to invest a lot of money because some of its components performance is lost on system's

tasks , direct x , crappy drivers , console sabotage ect.

A PC with the same power as a PS4 is a lot more than £300/$400/whatever. Besides, both a PC and PS4 (and other consoles, YMMV) is worth getting just for exclusives. You get the best of both worlds then, and will be even better than PC Mustards.

Is there anybody here that actually likes consoles? It could be no "Console Gaming" thread and everything would be almost the same :P 
You will enjoy the device that all your friends have. So... buy a PC, and make your friends buy a PC too and everyone will be happy :D

Is there anybody here that actually likes consoles? It could be no "Console Gaming" thread and everything would be almost the same :P

You will enjoy the device that all your friends have. So... buy a PC, and make your friends buy a PC too and everyone will be happy :D

The thing is that consoles are cheaper, and if I can have like a high end phone (1+1 or nexus 5) and a console instead of a pc that preforms the same as console guess what I will choose.

The thing is that consoles are cheaper, and if I can have like a high end phone (1+1 or nexus 5) and a console instead of a pc that preforms the same as console guess what I will choose.

PC? It's a useful device, and once you build your first desktop then gaming will be cheaper comparing to the consoles... Everybody uses a PC,so for gaming you will only have to buy a GPU which is cheaper than a whole console. 

I don't know man... I am not the best person to talk about consoles :\  It's not i hate them or something, but i just don't get it.

Try to convert them to a Pc i suggest the Athalon X4 760K or intel pentium 20Th aniv edition if you have enough money to get a decent graphics card. if you don't have enough money get a AMD A10 apu and use dedicated graphics

Why not buy an X1 controller and invite yourself over to their houses? I would wait for a hardware revision, price drop, and more exclusives before getting the X1. Or you could ask Greg Miller to make you "hit of the week" and get some Playstation friends.

I believe I'll just wait till november and get a sweet deal on xbox. Another question are xbox one servers as full as ps4's? Since xbox is known for better online experience and ps4 is more Single-player console the number of people online should be about the same. What do you think?

I believe I'll just wait till november and get a sweet deal on xbox. Another question are xbox one servers as full as ps4's? Since xbox is known for better online experience and ps4 is more Single-player console the number of people online should be about the same. What do you think?

There will be plenty of players on either one.

I got a PS3 when it was brand new--when virtually no one had one--and even then I was able to join any online match almost instantly.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Put your cloth on, take your wallet, open the door of your house, go to your nearest PC retailer, and put down the credit card. Get a PC! Get a Life!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Go with the platform that your friends are on. There's no point in a console without people to play with. You can always get the other console in the future when you have expendable income to get the best of both console worlds