Upgrade GPU: SLI GTX 680, get 9XX, or pass?

White

I have a EVGA GTX 680 Classified, now it gives me OK performance, i would like to SLI it with another 680, but it has to have 4GB of vram, which are rare and expensive here in the uk (prices starting at £450). So i have 3 options,

1. Buy a overpriced gpu

2. Wait for a "next-gen" gpu and forget about my trusty 680

3. Just lower my graphic setting in my games

Which would you recommend 

(if you know where you could get a 680 4gb in the UK on the cheap i would love that)

buy next gen...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

sell your 680 and buy next gen

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I have a EVGA GTX 680 Classified, now it gives me OK performance, i would like to SLI it with another 680, but it has to have 4GB of vram, which are rare and expensive here in the uk (prices starting at £450). So i have 3 options,

1. Buy a overpriced gpu

2. Wait for a "next-gen" gpu and forget about my trusty 680

3. Just lower my graphic setting in my games

Which would you recommend 

(if you know where you could get a 680 4gb in the UK on the cheap i would love that)

You don't need to SLI with another 4gn version, You can also SLI with a 2gb version, but its not gonna give you 6gb of ram.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

^^^^^^^ , Agree 100% , sell me one :D , if you ship to romania xD

m8 the next gen isn't even announced yet, and i don't have a spare card

(if you are not in a rush keep your eyes peeled on amazon UK)

You don't need to SLI with another 4gn version, You can also SLI with a 2gb version, but its not gonna give you 6gb of ram.

but i don't want only 2gb either so...

2 wait for next gen :) dont listen to anything others say haha

Its all looks these days

but i don't want only 2gb either so...

Just sell it then and wait for the new stuff. But if you wanna get a next gen card that delivers the same performance as 2 680's I suspect you'll be spending alot more than the cost of another 680.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

You could. But ideally no. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just sell it then and wait for the new stuff. But if you wanna get a next gen card that delivers the same performance as 2 680's I suspect you'll be spending alot more than the cost of another 680.

Guess i have to wait until the prices are announced, but i am worried that the 3 gpu's that i had on my mind will be sold out

Guess i have to wait until the prices are announced, but i am worried that the 3 gpu's that i had on my mind will be sold out

Which gpus?

Which gpus?

The one's on amazon UK, my retailer of choice, (and i don't like importing stuff)

The one's on amazon UK, my retailer of choice, (and i don't like importing stuff)

found this for £170, fair enough its second hand but its a good price and 4gb

found this for £180, fair enough its second hand but its a good price and 4gb

url, link? anything?

Dose gumtree have some scam protection?

i actually purchased the same card on amazon and it turned out to be a scam an a had to contact amazon to get my money back

no it doesn't have scam protection, where do you live? Because most people who buy off gumtree go and pick it up anyway.

no it doesn't have scam protection, where do you live? Because most people who buy off gumtree go and pick it up anyway.

4h away, (London) Thanks for your help, I think i might search

about for something closer

SLI (and Crossfire for that matter) is not all it's cracked up to be. If you are running multi-monitor then it's somewhat understandable. If you are not then I recommend selling the 680 and getting the best single card you can. Many games do not work with SLI. You can check this link to see if the games you play are on their list:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/sli

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6