What kind of PPD should I expect?

I just got my dual r9 290s with blocks from the mail. I am still waiting on the EK terminal thingy to come, but I was wondering how much PPD will 2 290s get watercooled? And should I fold with my CPU aswell? (FX-8350 @4.7Ghz)

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

A lot :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

No one?

don't be so impatient, this topic is less than an hour old, id say you could expect 150k from each card depending on the wu, so 300k ish, possibly more, someone that actually has an r9 290 could give you a more accurate answer, you can fold with the cpu if you want.. why not.

don't be so impatient, this topic is less than an hour old, id say you could expect 150k from each card depending on the wu, so possibly 300k ish, someone that actually has an r9 290 could give you a more accurate answer.

Thanks! :) Of course I am impatient to finally start folding. My Titan had so bad coil-whine, I did not want to. I am sorry if I am impatient, I hope you understand. :P

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Any more exact numbers? :P And should I fold with CPU?

Having two R9 290's folding will bring in a decent PPD (not sure how much but decent) and if it was me I wouldn't bother folding on the CPU. That is just my opinion :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Having two R9 290's folding will bring in a decent PPD (not sure how much but decent) and if it was me I wouldn't bother folding on the CPU. That is just my opinion :)

the point return will be significantly lower compared to gpu's, but you are still getting work done, that's the whole point, and the 8350 is not a bad cpu, i just consider gpu's and cpu's to be in different brackets and leave it at that.

don't be so impatient, this topic is less than an hour old, id say you could expect 150k from each card depending on the wu, so 300k ish, possibly more, someone that actually has an r9 290 could give you a more accurate answer, you can fold with the cpu if you want.. why not.

Where you are getting these numbers from, it makes me think I need to be doing something different?  I'm only getting about 42,000 from each 290, I think I used to get more back when I was running 7970s, but that's it these days. 

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Where you are getting these numbers from, it makes me think I need to be doing something different?  I'm only getting about 42,000 from each 290, I think I used to get more back when I was running 7970s, but that's it these days. 

ouch.. well that's why i say depending on the wu, what project are you working on? even my beloved 7950 is getting 80-100k with the right core 17, when it comes to amd you can get 2k or 90k depending on the project, atleast in my experience, do you have any advanced flags or the like?

ouch.. well that's why i say depending on the wu, what project are you working on? even my beloved 7950 is getting 80-100k with the right core 17, when it comes to amd you can get 2k or 90k depending on the project, atleast in my experience, do you have any advanced flags or the like?

Not running any advanced flags. Here's a screenshot showing the work unit. 

post-5281-0-74018500-1410716291_thumb.pn

Not running any advanced flags. Here's a screenshot showing the work unit. 

attachicon.gif75ba56ad318076038d94ae6ae762a1de.png

hmm, that is strange, from what i can tell your eta and tpf seem to be right on target, but the ppd is very low, you have a passkey right? because the client is assuming you will only receive the base credit, you should see. Base credit: 10500  Estimated credit: 30000 or something along those lines, you could try installing HFM.net and see if that gives you more accurate numbers.

because unless you have several computers on the same identity, your points are adding up just fine on kakao stats :P.

hmm, that is strange, from what i can tell your eta and tpf seem to be right on target, but the ppd is very low, you have a passkey right? because the client is assuming you will only receive the base credit, you should see. Base credit: 10500  Estimated credit: 30000 or something along those lines, you could try installing HFM.net and see if that gives you more accurate numbers.

because unless you have several computer on the same identity, your points are adding up just fine on kakao stats :P.

The points are because of the 15 270s...........which are only doing 25K each.

because unless you have several computer on the same identity, your points are adding up just fine on kakao stats :P.

Ok, so apparently I'm an idiot, I wasn't running a passkey. Things are looking much better now.  To quote the starting guide, "You need that for bonus points. After you have complete 10 Work Units on the CPU slot, you will then get extra PPD point." Why does this affect the folding I'm doing on the Gpus? 

Ok, so apparently I'm an idiot, I wasn't running a passkey. Things are looking much better now.  To quote the starting guide, "You need that for bonus points. After you have complete 10 Work Units on the CPU slot, you will then get extra PPD point." Why does this affect the folding I'm doing on the Gpus? 

a passkey is just generally for any bonus points, or "quick return bonus", initially you didn't get bonus points from gpu wu's but you do now, you need to return 10 bonus point eligible wu's with a return rate above 80% to qualify for the QRB, previously that was cpu's, but now applies to new gpu projects aswell (as far as i can tell)

maybe the stickie needs some clarification .. @Whaler_99

a passkey is just generally for any bonus points, or "quick return bonus", initially you didn't get bonus points from gpu wu's but you do now, you need to return 10 bonus point eligible wu's with a return rate above 80% to qualify for the QRB, previously that was cpu's, but now applies to new gpu projects aswell.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry about the whole gonna have to crush you in ppd thing.. ;)

Done...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99