Do you think the iPhone six and six+ are good phones?

SSOB

The "new" iPhone 6 has comparable specs to a potato so I would say that you should try to get really anything else. If you want the same look get an HTC One.

Specs mean sweet fuck all for iPhones, it's about the sum of the parts, they don't need beefy octocores and quadcores to run teh OS smooth and play games. Nor to they need the copious amounts of RAM or over the top resolutions like the G3. 

Windows Phone... Oh wait, nobody uses that apart from hipsters.

yes because hipster are willingly spend money on a platform that's is better suited for budget devices, i seriously don't understand this hate about WP, its not bad, i think is better for budget that android itself

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

yes because hipster are willingly spend money on a platform that's is better suited for budget devices, i seriously don't understand this hate about WP, its not bad, i think is better for budget that android itself

It may be better optimised for low end devices, but it dosen't stop it from being bad

It may be better optimised for low end devices, but it dosen't stop it from being bad

It's better than Android. There's actually some consistency in the usability instead of the clusterfuck of manufacturer skins and widely varied specs.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's better than Android. There's actually some consistency in the usability instead of the clusterfuck of manufacturer skins and widely varied specs.

I don't like it. End of conversation

I don't like it. End of conversation

And you say we don't have enough evidence to hate Android?

That's pathetic.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Ugh. I wanted to get an iPhone 6, because of the amazing "Continuity" feature, which, to me at least, would be worth the cost of the phone. However, they really disappointed me with this one, and I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'd have liked to see an option for wireless charging, but I can sort of see why they didn't add it.

But then they went and made it thinner, and that just irks me. Who thought it was a good idea for the camera to be sticking out like that?? The camera on my iPhone 4 got scratched to Hell, and it's flush, I can't imagine what will happen to this one. Which is sad, because it seems like a pretty nice camera.

Overall, I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait for the iPhone 6s, or maybe the iPhone 7... Or maybe just get the Blackberry Passport or Classic.

EDIT:
Also, I'm kind of annoyed that you have to buy the 6 Plus to get full 1080p.

You complain about people bashing Apple, then you sink down to their level and bash Android. And then it just goes to accusing everyone of ad hominem. Come on dude...

@OP, I think it depends. Personally I dislike how it looks, but ignoring that, I think it's just as good as any other high end flagship device.

The argument boils down to whether or not high end phones are worth it in this day and age, where even a Moto E can run Android very quickly and smoothly.

Definitely welcome the bigger screen of the new iPhone though.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

You complain about people bashing Apple, then you sink down to their level and bash Android. And then it just goes to accusing everyone of ad hominem. Come on dude...

I complain about people bashing Apple when their complaints aren't valid and when they actually do use ad hominem, not when they have a valid complaint. People spit ad hominem about Apple users all the time on here. There's no problem in accusing someone of ad hominem when they're actually using it.

I honestly think the 6 should have been thicker, but it may have felt too large in the hand or something.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And you say we don't have enough evidence to hate Android?

That's pathetic.

No I'm really not. I was stating my opinion. My opinion is that I hate WP

The "new" iPhone 6 has comparable specs to a potato so I would say that you should try to get really anything else. If you want the same look get an HTC One.

In all seriousness tho it is not a very good phone especially when you compare it to even its own predecessor. It's essentially the same thing.. but hey, to be fair it is thinner and lighter.

I truly am hoping for Apple to release something that will sweep us off our feet, but this isn't it.

Thatg's not true at all, only because it ''only'' is a dual core CPU and runs at 1.4GHZ doesn't mean it's bad by any means, also the camera is ''only'' 8Megapixels. If there is one thing i applaud apple for it's the fact that they don't take place in the stupid biggest number and best specs contest, they build hardware that's enough for the job and that will run all apps smoothly. You can't argue with the fact that the os almost always has 60FPS animations, always is fluid and doesn't have a bloated app store the way andoid does, so yes in some cases apple is superior but in other cases it isn't.

Interested in Business and Technology

If I could honestly flash the phone with Cyanogen Mod, I would buy it in a flash, because the hardware it amazing. The only Android phones that come close to the build quality are the HTC One, and now the Note 4. I don't know how the home button would work, but the build quality is still really good. Just my opinion however, and I would hate to start a flame war, but I love Android and the iPhone's build quality.

Intel 3570k @ 4.5GHz | Coolermaster N520 | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | MSI GTX 760 Gaming Edition | Patriot Pyro 120 GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | WD Black 750 GB HDD | Acer H236HL | NEC 1740CX | Razer Blackwidow Original w/ Gunmetal Grey Plasti-Dip| Razer Imperator 2012 | Moto X 32Gb

http://steamcoumminuty.com/id/precourser | https://teksyndicate.com/users/precourser | http://www.youtube.com/user/Precourser1

If I could honestly flash the phone with Cyanogen Mod, I would buy it in a flash, because the hardware it amazing. The only Android phones that come close to the build quality are the HTC One, and now the Note 4. I don't know how the home button would work, but the build quality is still really good. Just my opinion however, and I would hate to start a flame war, but I love Android and the iPhone's build quality.

This^^. Love the build quality of an Iphone but hate the software.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

you iphone users should wait for 6s. they hardly upgraded the hardware from the 5s.same cpu,same ram

I think the iPhone 6+ is a huge improvements over the iPhone 5S. They addressed a lot of things I disliked about it such as:

• Bigger screen
  • Higher PPI and resolution (1920x1080 is far better than some odd resolution that requires a lot of stuff to be scaled).
  • 2GB of RAM if the rumors are correct.
  • 802.11ac
  • NFC
  • OIS

On top of that you get some nice CPU and GPU performance increases and most likely far better battery life (especially standby).

I think they dropped the ball with the iPhone 6 (non plus model) though. A lot of the things I just listed were not added to it and I can't really see any reason other than "because then nobody would want the iPhone 6+!". Artificially crippling your products is one of the worst things I know, and this looks very much like it to me.

I'm not a fan of either device. I like the round edges and have always liked what Apple does with buttons; they have a truly premium feel to them.

However the camera sticks out. Not even that much, but enough. It wouldn't have added much thickness to make it flush.

The battery is small on the smaller model. Yes, it might perform decently. But would you really turn down a bigger one at the cost of a mm of thickness?

The size of the 5.5 is ungodly. Seriously, 159mm? That's damn near the size of some Android 6" phones. Why didn't they try and shrink it down?
If they're so against large phones, why didn't they aim for amazingly thin bezels so that it felt like a small device in hand? I'm sorry but a device that size, no matter how thin, will not feel small.

I'm surprised they didn't at least go for 720p on the 4.7" but I assume it has something to do with apps and porting them over. It almost seems like they just aim for 326ppi and "that's good enough becaus Retina"

Only 8mp on the 6+? I know it gets OIS, which is awesome, but a larger sensor would be too. I'm aware 8mp can still produce awesome pictures, but 13mp can produce awesome pictures with more detail, and more editing potential.

The front camera is a huge disappointment too. What with selfies being the rage, I figured they'd want to capitalize on that.

I am glad to finally see NFC. About time. No wireless charging is a bummer but I'm not surprised, it still hasn't made it to many Android devices either.

I think there were a lot of great improvements to the Apple experience that will really make iOs on par with what Androids been offering.

Overall an improvement for sure, but nothing that really stuck out as amazing.

Craptastic battery? is 10 hours of browsing craptastic to you?

I can't see the new phone getting the same battery life with that massive increase in screen size, though that of course remains to be seen.

I seriously do hope that the iPhone 6 flops because it proves a point to Apple that at some point you have to try as opposed to letting a half-eaten fruit symbol on the back of your products do the talking for you.

And if this awareness of Apple's lazy rehashing and straight-up plagiarizing of old shit continues with their other products then some of us might be old enough to see the end of Apple. An exaggeration? No. Because Apple can't maintain relevance forever and the response to the iPhone 6 shows it.

If Apple does flop, it'll be a very slow decline, not something that's immediately noticeable. They have managed to keep people in their ecosystem extremely well.

A lot of people I know with iPhones buy them because they have all their apps, and it's almost automatic. They don't even think to look to see what else is out there.

I agree though. It'll be interesting to see how they truly do without Jobs. It didn't go well last time.

I agree with that, but by the same token I'm not sure how much battery life those extra 2mm would have offered.

Mobile payments is a big thing. Also the incredible camera they put on it, dual domain pixels, sRGB, etc.

I don't think the probably closer to 1mm it would have taken to hide the camera lens would have been that noticeable.

I mean I don't think they could shove a much larger battery in, but it would have protected the camera. Even a nice sloped design instead of what they came out with would have been nicer, though probably harder to produce. But that's kind of what I expect from Apple.

Better is a very relative term. It depends on the user. For example I don't enjoy it.

Don't forget the new Moto X! It has aluminium and leather, wood or plastic. Pretty premium, if the leather holds up.

There's also a few Chinese manufacturers with amazing alumiunium build quality.

I think the iPhone 6+ is a huge improvements over the iPhone 5S. They addressed a lot of things I disliked about it such as:

• Bigger screen
  • Higher PPI and resolution (1920x1080 is far better than some odd resolution that requires a lot of stuff to be scaled).
  • 2GB of RAM if the rumors are correct.
  • 802.11ac
  • NFC
  • OIS

I think they dropped the ball with the iPhone 6 (non plus model) though. A lot of the things I just listed were not added to it and I can't really see any reason other than "because then nobody would want the iPhone 6+!". Artificially crippling your products is one of the worst things I know, and this looks very much like it to me.

The Plus is way, way too massive. The thing is huge.

I would have loved to see the specs of the 6+, in the 6. And then something mind blowing in the 6+.

They did do the battery right though, which is nice to see.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have been using android for my daily driver for a couple of years now and i'm pretty tired with it. I also have an ipod touch 5g and i absolutely love the user experience and eco system apple has created. When available for pre-order i will buy the iphone 6.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Have fun with your Nexus 4 with iOS

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Specs mean sweet fuck all for iPhones, it's about the sum of the parts, they don't need beefy octocores and quadcores to run teh OS smooth and play games. Nor to they need the copious amounts of RAM or over the top resolutions like the G3. 

If they don't need such high specs, then why do they need such high price tags O.o If it's that expensive to develop an OS, why doesn't Google charge more O.o

It's totally unjustified how they price their phones! Seriously, 700~$/euros for 16 Gb model, with no MicroSD card... Just no...

Yes, it is a good phone, but there is no point in mindlessly upgrading in my opinion.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

<Nooooo>

DONT EVEN CONSIDER IT.

go with the nexus 4, same  thing, but with android and you could probably get it for like 50 bucks now

The iPhone 6 and the Nexus 4 are not even close to being the same thing. Sure they share some similarities and Apple just now introduced some features the Nexus 4 had 2 years ago, but in other areas the iPhone is far far better than the Nexus 4.

Personally I think no, just because there are better options for better prices. Especially In the 5 inch + league, but the i5s Is a pretty good option now I'd you want to stick with ios. The thing Is that you can't really say that it has any exclusive feature justifying the high price it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i