Actually the manufacturer of this headset isn't qpad, the headset is a takstar pro 80 with a mic. But qpad also have a model called qpad qh-90 which is the same headset as the "clouds" but with different signs on it. But still i really agree with you on this one, its a great headset with good sound for the money.

Only way I would get a pair is if I won them. Just not good enough for video voice over.

They look a lot like the FA-003 and its many clones, though with better build quality and a mic.

0CBdJ9U.jpgs4oFx5I.jpg38rpVX8.jpg

a81PMiS.jpg

The brainwavz variant even comes with an aeroplane adapter.

Don't fix what isn't broken, I suppouse.

Actually the manufacturer of this headset isn't qpad, the headset is a takstar pro 80 with a mic. But qpad also have a model called qpad qh-90 which is the same headset as the "clouds" but with different signs on it. But still i really agree with you on this one, its a great headset with good sound for the money.

Manufacturer is Qpad their QPAD QH-90 is based on takstar and they based Kingston HyperX Cloud on that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You know what really does suck?
The fact that I just bought a headset that I absolutely hate.

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

im still worried about its breakage of adjustable band , its too thin and may be get useless after a few travels 

I bought these a while ago when I was in the market for a quality head set and I made the decision after seeing Tek Syndicate's review. I have not been disappointed but I am also not an audiophile... Love the award "stuff that doesn't suck". Keep up the good work LTT!

Tek Syndicate's review

STDS awards recipients are part of a very prestigious club. Only 2 in the world!

Maybe you wanna rethink the abbreviation?

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

OK so you're not telling us anything new here Linus. Everyone and their mother already reviewed these and said they're great.

I'm just kinda hoping for open cans as my room isn't really a noisy environment and sweaty ears are the worst.

I think Linus just lost 1/2 his subs from India.

THIS IS A GREAT FORMAT! DO MORE OF THESE!

I really like these, because most of your viewers probably have to shop in this price range of gear, so it really helps us a lot!

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Does the in-line volume/mute have a mic? Or are you limited to the removable? It would be nice to have in-line for when I'm on the go and connect it up to mobile so I don't have to disconnect to answer calls or look like a weirdo with a mic on my headphones.

This and the Sennheiser HD 518 are both $80. Which would be a better option?

Extra emphasis on bass is good for gaming so saying that in the review Linus makes sense since they are a gaming headset.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Is it just me? Or does the headset look a lot like a pair of Beyerdynamics? Especially the headband and earcups.

Do these mimic surround sound in any way with software or with the headset itself?  I know many don't buy into the surround sound deal with headsets but whatever.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

"With the precision and strength of an adolescent giraffe that's a little big for his age"

HhtdsxK.gif

Takstar is the OEM manufaturer of these units.

Qpad have specified their needs and their equivalent of the HyperX Cloud is the QH-90.

Kingston have bought the rights (from Qpad)to use the same design with some alterations from the Qpad headsets.

The Takstar equivalent comes without a microphone and is the Takstar Pro 80.

Here is more info about Takstar Pro 80:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-greathon-cyberx-qpad-thread

Takstar Pro 80 Available @

60USD Ebay (Free Shipping)

65USD Amazon.com

Those who want and open headset design should try the:

Qpad QH-85 with a microphone

Technical Pro HPT990, without a microphone

or the OEM variant:

Takstar Hi 2050, without a microphone.

I've tried both the QH-90 (have one pair at home) and the QH-85.

The QH-85 sounds a bit better to me, and the mids aren't as low as the QH-90 have.

3570k@4.5GHz | 16GB 2133MHzCL12 @ 2400MHz CL12 | 1TB of SSD Storage | 3xDell U2412M | R9 270

Interestingly these headphones are rebranded Qpad QH90s :P

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

Have owned both the HyperX and the takstar set, they sound great, tho i found out that i did not really like the whole over the ear headphone experience, if you are someone who wears glasses i would atleast recommend trying these out before buying, they did not fix me all that well, changing to the cloth pads helped out a bit, but when wearing glasses the cups seems to be raised up from my ears a bit, resulting in a quite annoying "swush" sound comming in from my pc that is located right next to me.

Sennheiser is better!

If you just want a headphone instead of a headset i would agree, currently using HD407 where i can get about 10 pairs for the price of one HyperX and tbh, i cant hear the difference :)

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

I've had these for about a few days now and I love it! I was using my Senn HD555 for music and a pair of Razer Black Shark (bought it because a member here gave it a good review, so I got one to see if his review jells with my impression of it). As you all know, Razer headsets aren't worth a damn when it comes to audio playback, bass all over the place with muddied and subdued mids and highs, to the point of their being muffled. Sure, great for games and movies but don't even think about listening to music! Besides, being so bass heavy can be rather fatiguing on the ears.

The HX Cloud is a different 'animal' altogether, emphatic bass which sounds great for games and movies, yet pretty tight when listening to music. I find myself not needing to use my Senn HD555 when I switch from games/movies to music, and vice versa.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Are these actually the same as the Qpad QH-90 Pro or do they differ in sound signature? I'm asking because they look absolutely identical despite the branding.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Why do you guys never do videos on the regular unboxing set?

I liked that better than the kitchen set as it looked much more professional.

Also can you guys rebuild the wanshow wall?

The previous WANs looked SO SEXY.

And now the background looks like poop.

The content is great

But the background is poop.

Hope this contructive criticism makes its way to the top :D

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB