So it's 2014 and digital content has become extremely popular in the format of services like netflix, amazon streaming etc. And while that happens games also are as practical as ever on Steam. In the case of games it's something I can agree and be happy about. It's more practical,still the same gaming experience, doesn't scratch. But what does bother me is content like movies and series. As much as you downloading a movie on iTunes in HD or watching it on Netflix on HD or Amazon streaming service in HD or even download a pirated movie in mkv in full HD blu-ray rip( for the sake of considering all options) is/canbe a really good experience it's not the same as blu-ray. Linus has said so many times in his vids how physical media is dead and all but all the digital options that i mentioned includes compression that doesn't match Blu-ray quality. Besides compression there's also the matter of higher audio quality like dts 7.1 and dolby surround in Blu-ray.And if you ignore the physical space it takes to store and if you are careful not to scratch the disc there is that really nice feeling to hold in your hands and feel the movies and series you are collecting. Anyway I would like to hear the community's thoughts on the subject.

I'd prefer to have Blu-Ray.  True ownership of what you buy.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I would prefer disks, some people don't have fast internet to download or stream movies or games.

TL;DR. 

I prefer digital content. As much as DRM sucks, I still prefer it cause I'm the kind of person that tends to scratch and/or lose discs easily, which I had way too many headaches with back in the PS2 days

"Rawr XD"

I prefer both.My entertainment system n the car still runs off of disks and having them has saved me in lots of long car rides with the kids but when I just want to rent a movie for the night digital is the only way to go.

As far as games go If you able to play them offline I prefer a disk but if there online games  no disk.

I have both, but I prefer online or downloadable content if they can just raise the quality. It's just so much easier to manage and navigate compared to physical media. 

Streamed high bitrate 4k/60p with Dolby Atmos would be awesome. Too bad the poor infrastructure will limit its consumption for years to come.

Digital all the way! I stopped using discs at all.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Digital.

We collected DVDs before and it took a lot of space, eventually we gave them out and throw everything away. Space is important. I invested on a NAS to centralize all my digital files, mostly media. By going digital, we utilized internet a lot on what we pay for, though still high price and poor speed (our region sucks).

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

Blu ray if you've got a nice shelf to show them off...

Digital if you're confident about your storage setup...