Xbox problems

SodaYoda

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my xbox 360 elite. I recently moved to japan from Australia and I brought my xbox 360. However the Japanese voltage is 110v and the xbox psu is built for 200-240v. To make the xbox work what should I do? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy transformer adapters that can ramp up the Voltage from the wall. They shouldn't be that expensive. Alternatively maybe a Microsoft store there could help replace the PSU in the xbox?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You can buy transformer adapters that can ramp up the Voltage from the wall. They shouldn't be that expensive. Alternatively maybe a Microsoft store there could help replace the PSU in the xbox. I read on another post that getting a Japanese psu would be fine but I also read on a different forum that that could harm the xbox

yeah get an adapter that should fix the problem

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

ultimate solution to this. BUILD A PC HOMIE!

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

the best thing to do in your situation would be to just buy a new power brick for the xbox. I would not trust a 110 to 240v adapter if there even is something like that

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Buy an outlet adapter.

No, he would need a transformer as well

the best thing to do in your situation would be to just buy a new power brick for the xbox. I would not trust a 110 to 240v adapter if there even is something like that

Why wouldn't you trust it if it is from a reputable company?

ultimate solution to this. BUILD A PC HOMIE!

I did, last week

I did, last week

then m8... why is the console not broken and in the garbage can at this point..?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

then m8... why is the console not broken and in the garbage can at this point..?

Go away. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Go away. 

ANSWER MY QUESTION FOOL!

maybe get a whole new power brick.

INTEL CORE I3 4130 | EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | COOLERMASTER HAF 912 | ASUS H81M-C/CSM LGA 1150

Why wouldn't you trust it if it is from a reputable company?

because most of those adapters are meant for low power devices like chargers. those small transformers wont likely be able to handle very high current.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

maybe get a whole new power brick.

This. Go to a Hard Off store and look for one in their junk section. With a bit of luck you will find one for ¥1000 or less.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

5-Gamer-2.png

Had you been part of the Master Race, you wouldn't have this problem.

jkjk; if you look on eBay/what ever they use over there, you should be able to find an alternate power brick for something around $20 equivalent (last time I checked was a while back, so don't quote me on it) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I read on another post that getting a Japanese psu would be fine but I also read on a different forum that that could harm the xbox

Check the output voltage with a multimeter if it worries you. You're thinking too hard

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.