Issue...

Go to solution Solved by Equilibrium_FOOL,

Haha thanks, I'm just glad we could get you up and running. Found a nice guide with pictures and formatting that i'm sure would be easier to follow than anything I could run. (Not very good at explaining things c: ) Here you go this should fix your issue: http://dnpmo.com/2010/07/12/removing-adobe-bonjour-cs3-to-fix-0-0-0-0-gateway-address-i-hate-adobe/

Thank-you, it worked!!

Hello,

Recently I built a basic build for my familys fine art printing business.  The computer has worked fine, and performs as expected for the price.

Not to long ago we were trying to get the fine art printer to respond, and disconnected the computer and printer from the router, and connected them together via an ethernet cable.  We got the printer to work, however we could not connect to the internet with the computer and router connected together (obviously considering the mobo only has one ethernet port).  So we connected the computer back into the router, and it would not connect to the internet despite restarting the computer, and changing some settings.  I re-installed some drivers for the Realtek PCIe GBE Ethernet controller that is built into the Mobo, changed some settings, and finally I got the computer to connect to the internet.  This worked for a day, before the problem re-occured.

I did all of the same things that worked previously, updated the drivers manually, changed some settings, restarted the router, restarted the computer, and changed the port the computer is plugged into on the router.  To no avail.  I talked to a friend who knows about this sort of thing, he told me to run in cmd.exe; ping [the computers ip], tracert google.com, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew.  Is that enough and would that help?

The strange this is that when I go to "Network" in Windows, my personal computer shows up and I can access files through the network.  When I open the "Network and Sharing" center, I see two networks.  The one the all of the computers in my house use, and a weird unidentified network.  The icon to show what you are connected to in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, has the "connected" ethernet symbol, but with the attention symbol overtop. 

The computers specs;

-Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core

-MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150

-Crucial Ballistix 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

-Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB 2.5" SSD  (I know I should have got the 120gb version)

-Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

-Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower

-SeaSonic 300W ATX12V

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit

Any questions about the problem, or an answer, please reply below.  There are no "wrong" answers.

sold

Is your router connected to your modem?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Try deleting/disabling the other identified network.

What is this the 90s?

No... Although it may as well be as our internet is vvvveeerrrrrryyyyy ssssllllloooowww.

sold

Try deleting/disabling the other identified network.

What is this the 90s?

Hey, we had dialup internet in 2007.  But it was better than no internet... No by much though.  I don't know how to delete the other network.  I cannot right-click over it.

sold

No... Although it may as well be as our internet is vvvveeerrrrrryyyyy ssssllllloooowww.

-_-

Cable internet uses modems, such as this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-surfboard-docsis-3-0-high-speed-cable-modem/2836657.p?id=1218357903729

Though if you got your router from your isp it may be a router/modem combo.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hey, we had dialup internet in 2007.  But it was better than no internet... No by much though.  I don't know how to delete the other network.  I cannot right-click over it.

1. Click the internet icon in the bottom right corner.
  2. Open Network & Sharing Centre
  3. On the left side you should see some options. Click "Change adapter settings"
  4. Right click on the network you were talking about and click delete or disable.

Yes, I am familiar with routers.

The link is to a MODEM, not a ROUTER.

Had to research in order to figure out what the heck you were talking about...Guess my knowledge was a little lackng in that area of computer/networking.

Had to research in order to figure out what the heck you were talking about...Guess my knowledge was a little lackng in that area of computer/networking.

Do you think it would work properly if I added an ethernet pci card?

sold

Do you think it would work properly if I added an ethernet pci card?

Does internet work on other devices on the same network? if so then try a different ethernet cable.

If that still doesn't work then try the ethernet pci card. (Plug it into the card, not the motherboard)

hang on a sec, when you connected the computer directly to the printer did you set static settings for the adapter or did it just work when you plugged it in? Also yes,

ping [the computers ip], if your going to do that ping 127.0.0.1 instead, this will test your physical Ethernet adapter. It sends packets to the destination and then the destination sends a response. see if the pings fail or it works

tracert google.com,  this will test your connection to google.com, it works like ping but sends

^if the above fails, also try to ping 8.8.8.8, if that fails try to ping the address of your router.

ipconfig /release, They way dhcp works is when you recieve an allocation for an ip address it gives you a lease to it. This will basically 'release' the addressing information given to yo by the router

ipconfig /renew. This will ask the router for new credentials, you should use it after ipconfig /release

After all that go into cmd and type:

ipconfig /all

If you could upload a snapshot of that or copy and paste the results, that'll give us a better picture of whats going on especially with that other random network.

And one more thing, are there any other devices (Phones, tablets, other computers) that connect to the router fine and operate properly?

hang on a sec, when you connected the computer directly to the printer did you set static settings for the adapter or did it just work when you plugged it in? Also yes,

ping [the computers ip], if your going to do that ping 127.0.0.1 instead, this will test your physical Ethernet adapter. It sends packets to the destination and then the destination sends a response. see if the pings fail or it works

tracert google.com,  this will test your connection to google.com, it works like ping but sends

^if the above fails, also try to ping 8.8.8.8, if that fails try to ping the address of your router.

ipconfig /release, They way dhcp works is when you recieve an allocation for an ip address it gives you a lease to it. This will basically 'release' the addressing information given to yo by the router

ipconfig /renew. This will ask the router for new credentials, you should use it after ipconfig /release

After all that go into cmd and type:

ipconfig /all

If you could upload a snapshot of that or copy and paste the results, that'll give us a better picture of whats going on especially with that other random network.

And one more thing, are there any other devices (Phones, tablets, other computers) that connect to the router fine and operate properly?

We have five computers running on the network, and four of them can connect to the internet.  We have WiFi disabled on the router as we use the d-link powerline system, however the computer with the issue is connected directly into the router.  The printer worked when we just plugged it directly into the computers ethernet port. 

Here is the album with all of the screen captures you requested.  I hope they help. 

http://imgur.com/a/YIkGi

Would getting a new ethernet card help?

sold

God damn itunes, open a cmd as administrator and type:

route delete 0.0.0.0

you might also need to do an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew after that

if that doesnt work set these settings staticaly:

IP address:192.168.1.65

subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Primary DNS Server: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS Server: 8.8.4.4

One of these should fix your issue, Let me know if it works or not I'm confident I know whats wrong but there are a couple things we can do to fix it not all of them will work.

Basically whats happening is a glitching piece of software is adding the default route 0.0.0.0, which your computer would use when you needed to reach an address outside of the network. Considering what you use it for im thinking it's Apples bounjoir service that is instelled with Adobe CS3. It has been know to do this and there's a couple of options. Unfortunately the remove route 0.0.0.0 is only a temporary fix. Installing itunes may fix this by updating the bonjouir service to the latest version. If not, were going to have to disable it which can be a little complicated but i'd be happy to walk you through it if your up to it.

Basically whats happening is a glitching piece of software is adding the default route 0.0.0.0, which your computer would use when you needed to reach an address outside of the network. Considering what you use it for im thinking it's Apples bounjoir service that is instelled with Adobe CS3. It has been know to do this and there's a couple of options. Unfortunately the remove route 0.0.0.0 is only a temporary fix. Installing itunes may fix this by updating the bonjouir service to the latest version. If not, were going to have to disable it which can be a little complicated but i'd be happy to walk you through it if your up to it.

I think you are correct because this computer has Adobe CS3 installed on it, although it doesn't have any Apple software.

sold

Alright good, did:

Open cmd as admin

route delete 0.0.0.0

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Did this at-least temporarily work?

This is working for the moment, and I can install Itunes and update Bonjour if that is required.  If removing that setting is also feasible can you walk me through it?

Thank-you so much for your help, this problem has stumped many a techie.

sold

This is working for the moment, and I can install Itunes and update Bonjour if that is required.  If removing that setting is also feasible can you walk me through it?

Thank-you so much for your help, this problem has stumped many a techie.

Haha thanks, I'm just glad we could get you up and running. Found a nice guide with pictures and formatting that i'm sure would be easier to follow than anything I could run. (Not very good at explaining things c: ) Here you go this should fix your issue: http://dnpmo.com/2010/07/12/removing-adobe-bonjour-cs3-to-fix-0-0-0-0-gateway-address-i-hate-adobe/

Thank-you, it worked!!

sold