In need of app testers

Zonked

Hi Guys;

i need a favor from as many of you as possible. I am in the final stages of development for my Android app; so I need some testers... That is where you guys come in.

I need as many of you as possible with all different types of Android device. (different OS versions, screen sizes, ROMs etc)

It will be about a week before I send the app out, I was wondered if any of you would be willing to help.

When I send out the .apk there will be a form that goes along with it that I would like you to fill out; it will include your device, screen resolution/size, OS version, ROM. It will also include a feedback sheet.

Everyone that helps will receive the full pro version of the app for free when it is released on the market, should they want it.

I understand the app will not be to everyone's taste and some won't obviously like it; I am just more interested in how it behaves rather that an opinion of the app itself.

Any help would be hugely appreciated;

Thanks guys.

(P.S I have used the Android emulator, but I hate it; I feel actual devices will give me a better representation)

I have so far;

Nexus 4 - Stock
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android

HTC One X - CM 10.1

HTC Legend - Stock
Samsung S3 - Stock

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

Does your phone need to be rooted? And what is this app, and what is it meant to do? I have a stock s3, if you tell me what this app will do i will be happy to help.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 (not rooted) , I can try to help you out. :)

I have an SGS3 and SGS2, if you need something like that. Both the phones are running with 3.1.2 but the SGS3 is rooted. (EU version of phone)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Excellent guys!!

I am interested in all of your devices, and no you do not need to be rooted.

I should be done within a week or so so I will let everyone that is interested know where to get the required files, just need to get my exam on Wednesday out of the way first.

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

@Zonked im willing to help out but i am wondering what kind of app is it?

BTW i have a SGS2 v4.1.2

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

All will be revealed in good time sirs :)

If you need someone else with "Nexus 4 Stock" let me know.

Have a HTC One, depending on what the app requires I might be on board.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Im in. I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

I have a Droid Bionic if you're interested in testing it on that phone.

Galaxy II -> Omega v12 Android 4.2.2

Note 10.1 -> Omega v2.1 Android 4.2.1

Depending on what the app does =P

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I have a ZTE Blade (kind of, modified by the carrier) with CM 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7).

I'm willing to test it... for science! (Depending on what the app does as well!)

I have a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 with android 4.1 (an old high end tablet)

2 samsung galaxy europa's with android 2.1 and 2.2 (an old low end smartphone)

and a samsung galaxy mini with android 2.3 (a more recent low end smartphone)

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Galaxy S III, running AOKP. It's set to 280DPI, down from the default 320DPI though.

I have a stock Droid Bionic, and would be glad to help someone test their app.

I have a stock htc one. Would be happy to help out.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

i have the unlocked htc one (m7) running stock or CM 10.1 or PAC roms. i can switch between them easily so which ever you want me to do is fine

I have a Rooted Optimus 2x and a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 (if i get it working) rooted, both are running cyonagen mod 10.1

I have a nexus 4 and also a nexus 7 both stock 4.2.2 :)

Also what does the app do ?

I have done a lot of testing on android apps a friend of mine is a Dev.

Let me know :)

I have a T-Mobile (United States) Galaxy S III. It's running the latest available build of AOKP, meaning Android 4.2.2. It is obviously rooted, but most settings are set to be like stock android.