Corsair H110 problems need help...

Superfichtig
Go to solution Solved by LemonSpice,

so this post is solved. i dropped my h110 down while figuring out the cables^^ my pump just broke off. i am so done. now going with stock cooler and waiting for a cheap aircooler.. however you guys are awesome you all gave your very best to help me! a great community i am going to recommend:)

one last question is a heavy aircooler going to damage anything due to his weight?

sorry to hear that but as long as you are not shipping it anywhere or banging it around a lot a heavy air cooler should not damage anything. 

Hello dear community,

i recently bought all parts for a new system wich i tried to build today. everything went well until the CPU-cooler instalation came up...

my problem:

my cooler, the H110 from Corsair, requires power for 2 fans and 1 pump. but i only got 2 CPU-fanheaders... furthermore there are no more fanheaders available on my mainboard. :( with a splitter there wouldnt be enough power to either the pump or fans.

my full system just in case:

i7 4790k

Z97 Msi Gaming 5

16 GB ram

R9 290x

SSD 840 Evo

WD Green

Corsair RM 750W

3x Casefans

Sorry for my bad english but its not my main language. i hope you can help me with a cheap solution because i saved all my money for this rig and its such a fail :'(

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D with 2x SP120 / 1x AF120 Mainboard: Z97 Msi Gaming 5 CPU: i7 4790K @4.0 Ghz CPU-Cooler: Noctua U14S RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600 Mhz GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X HDD: WD Green 2 TB SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB PSU: Corsair RM 750W Monitor: BenQ XL 2411z 144hz 1080p

you could buy a cheep molex to pwm cable put whatever you connect to it would run at 100% so i would recommend that you do that with your pump

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

my problem:

my cooler, the H110 from Corsair, requires power for 2 fans and 1 pump. but i only got 2 CPU-fanheaders... furthermore there are no more fanheaders available on my mainboard. :( with a splitter there wouldnt be enough power to either the pump or fans.

MSC-ADR-FANMMLXM2.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Use molex to 3-pin fan adapter for the pump, then a splitter for both of the fans to plug into your CPU fan header.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Like JEman99 Said, use a 3pin to molex adapter to power your Pump, one should be included with your PSU or case fans.

Also, you can buy an inexpensive PWM Fan Splitter.  Get a sleeved one so it looks nice, shouldn't be too expensive.  $5 at most.  Are you sure the H110 didn't come with a fan splitter?  Check the box.  AIOs usually come with fan splitters.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Aniallation what kind of cable is this? i dont know where to put in the big 4 pin site..

Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D with 2x SP120 / 1x AF120 Mainboard: Z97 Msi Gaming 5 CPU: i7 4790K @4.0 Ghz CPU-Cooler: Noctua U14S RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600 Mhz GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X HDD: WD Green 2 TB SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB PSU: Corsair RM 750W Monitor: BenQ XL 2411z 144hz 1080p

i dont even know how a fan splitter looks like.. where does the "mole" fit in?

molex cables normally come with your power supply and are plugged into the peripheral connection or you could us a sata power to pwm which is basically a fan header that runs at  100% 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

sorry for being confused. it was quite annoying... i post a picture wich shows all the cables that are left over and also a picture of my PC opened.

post-138674-0-17425900-1410626165_thumb.

post-138674-0-17425900-1410626165_thumb.

post-138674-0-98833500-1410626173_thumb.

sorry for being confused. it was quite annoying... i post a picture wich shows all the cables that are left over and also a picture of my PC opened.

attachicon.gifIMAG1087.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG1087.jpg

Yu those are molex if you have a molex to 4pin fan or 3pin than you can use that to power your pump

I'm putting together a similar system (H110, MSI mpower mobo), and was planning on plugging the pump into SYSFAN1, and the fans into CPUFAN1 and CPUFAN2.  This sound like an ok solution?

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

@Electrostatik This might work for you but all my SYSFAN-X are already being used... if you are going big invest the more dollars and go wiht an Msi Gaming 7 or higher for much more fanheaders and future sata upgrades 

@JEman99 so i am going to put the 2 140mm fans in CPUFAN1 and CPUFAN2 but the pump.. my molex just convert into the dead end not the open pin site..

@Electrostatik This might work for you but all my SYSFAN-X are already being used... 

@JEman99 so i am going to put the 2 140mm fans in CPUFAN1 and CPUFAN2 but the pump.. my molex just convert into the dead end not the open pin site..

okay i wish you the best of luck

No haha my Problem isnt solved :( my molex are just dead pins and the big fat Side Doesnt Fit in my psu

i see that one of those cables has a 4pin side that should fit in you psu do you remember how you plugged you stat power in the molex is the same thing and you sometimes have to bend the inside of the molex because the male and female side sometimes don't match up

so this post is solved. i dropped my h110 down while figuring out the cables^^ my pump just broke off. i am so done. now going with stock cooler and waiting for a cheap aircooler.. however you guys are awesome you all gave your very best to help me! a great community i am going to recommend:)

one last question is a heavy aircooler going to damage anything due to his weight?

sorry to hear that but as long as you are not shipping it anywhere or banging it around a lot a heavy air cooler should not damage anything.