folding from a browser

I don't know if this has been posted but i had a look and couldn't see anything

I was looking about the chrome store and found a folding@home app that allows you fold from inside your browser which is currently in open beta. 

Requirements.  In order to use the Folding App, you need to cover these three basic requirements:
1) Use the Chrome Browser (Details) in Windows, Linux, or MacOS-X
2) Install the Folding App from the Chrome Web Store (Details)
3) Launch the Folding App and you are now folding!

I am currently folding on my chromebook :) is the first time folding for team linus.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

it's in our stickies but thanks for sharing anyway :)

welcome to the team.

it's in our stickies but thanks for sharing anyway :)

must of missed it :/ did look guess being a guy i can't find things "a mans look" as my mum says lol

must of missed it :/ did look guess being a guy i can't find things "a mans look" as my mum says lol

hah, i'm exactly the same, absolutely hopeless, luckily i have this magical button called f3 that let's me search for keywords :P otherwise i wouldn't be getting anywhere, too bad it doesn't work outside of computers.

hah, i'm exactly the same, absolutely hopeless, luckily i have this magical button called f3 that let's me search for keywords :P otherwise i wouldn't be getting anywhere.

i'm on my chromebook so i have ctrl + f and that only finds terms on the page im looking lol.

one of the rooms in my college gas xeons 3.6 * 8, hoping to get some of that in during my 2 hour lessons

i'm gonna join the folding team now

Gonna try GPU Folding

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

i'm gonna join the folding team now

Gonna try GPU Folding

that's good, but remember to get the desktop client, the chrome app does not support gpu folding.

you could potentially try some light folding in the chrome app, if you find that both cpu and gpu folding unpleasantly slows down your pc.

@vorticalbox

Welcome to the team so to speak... I very recently started folding casually. I don't really have a machine that I can run 24/7 folding so I won't be doing too many WUs. That being said, every bit is welcomed!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

that's good, but remember to get the desktop client, the chrome app does not support gpu folding.

it's okay cause chrome folding not making my pc slow :D

Btw what should i fill on passkey ?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

for that folding badge i must complete 21 times ?

Current Build + Setup

@tobben

Does the desktop client use OpenCl for GPU folding? I am asking because I would like see how many PPD Intel Iris graphics can output as they have pretty respectable OpenCL performance. This is on a laptop (in my sig) so I won't really be running this a lot, but I just want to try how much it can do. I couldn't find anything about it on Google really.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

@vorticalbox

Welcome to the team so to speak... I very recently started folding casually. I don't really have a machine that I can run 24/7 folding so I won't be doing too many WUs. That being said, every bit is welcomed!

exactly, something is most definitely better than nothing.

it's okay cause chrome folding not making my pc slow :D

Btw what should i fill on passkey ?

you go here.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

Type in the appropriate information. they will send you a passkey that will be tied to your account, and yes you need to complete 21 separate work units then PM a moderator to get the folding contributor/member badge.

btw which one is faster ? folding with cpu or gpu ?

Current Build + Setup

sorry for many question do i must folding everyday for keeping that badges if i had ? i only can folding 3 or 2 day per week cause school issue 

Current Build + Setup

sorry for many question do i must folding everyday for keeping that badges if i had ? i only can folding 3 or 2 day per week cause school issue 

You don't loose the badges. Once you have contributed a certain amount, you keep the badge just as you keep the points.

@tobben

Does the desktop client use OpenCl for GPU folding? I am asking because I would like see how many PPD Intel Iris graphics can output as they have pretty respectable OpenCL performance. This is on a laptop (in my sig) so I won't really be running this a lot, but I just want to try how much it can do. I couldn't find anything about it on Google really.

i'm pretty certain core 16 and 17 uses openCl, i don't think i would expect much out of it though :P. If you could get it to work that is, maybe @Whaler_99 has more input.

for that folding badge i must complete 21 times ?

21 units is rather low for the chrome based ones, 15 mins a unit on i3 = 21 unit is a little over hours hours.

with the desktop client we are talking 19 hours for 1 unit on my 7770.

21 units is rather low for the chrome based ones, 15 mins a unit on i3 = 21 unit is a little over hours hours.

with the desktop client we are talking 19 hours for 1 unit on my 7770.

i don't know how much WU I got right now but i folding on chrome using i5 and i got 2,125 points right now

Current Build + Setup

Current Build + Setup

@tobben

The desktop does use the OpenCL client for folding. But, it does not simply fold on any OpenCL capable device. GPU's must be listed in the gpu whitelist. When I last checked, onboard graphics were still not supported but supposed to be coming. You could give it a try. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The desktop does use the OpenCL client for folding. But, it does not simply fold on any OpenCL capable device. GPU's must be listed in the gpu whitelist. When I last checked, onboard graphics were still not supported but supposed to be coming. You could give it a try. :)

Thank You, I was just curious. Also, great to get a reply from the Teraflop Overlord! :D