Xbox 360 Problem

SodaYoda

Sup guys, i know this is a PC forum but i need help with my xbox 360. I moved from Australia to Japan and I brought my Xbox 360 with me, and here is the problem: the japanese voltage is 110V and My xbox 360 psu is built for 200-240V. now i read a post on another forum from a guy with the exact same problem, everyone was saying that it would be fine to just get a japanese power supply and it should work fine, the guy then said that he ordered a japanese psu and said that he will tell the forum how it went, but he didn't. i also read stuff from microsoft saying the buying a japanese psu for an australian xbox could harm the console. so i really don't know what to do. some help would be greatly appreciated. :D

You'll be fine with a different PSU. What matters is pinout and amperage (I have powered a 360 with an old ATX PSU by soldering a Molex adapter to the proper +12V, 5V, and GND points on the board).

Tangent:

The Wii U and gamepad PSUs are built universal. I'm in the Philippines right now with my US gear, and I tested this accidentally.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latte/2012/12/12/wii-u-power-adapters-usa-are-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage