Fans Spin, No POST. Lenovo K330 Prebuilt with CX600M and R9 290.

I purchased a Lenovo K330 a couple years ago. The old graphics card had been switched out for a HD 7750 and later, a 750 TI. Recently, I upgraded the included psu to a Corsair CX600M and purchased an r9 290. I plugged in all the components and connectors, but when I try to boot, the fans on the components all spin, but I get no image on the monitor (No POST). Another thing to note is that usually, when I boot up my computer with my previous graphics card, the fans go on full speed for a second or two and then slow down to idle speed; when I plug in the r9 290, the fans remain on full speed until I turn off the computer. I initially thought that this could be a driver issue, so I uninstalled all AMD and NVIDIA drivers that I had on my computer and then tried to boot, but it still did not work. I have cleared the CMOS memory, have reseated RAM modules, and made sure everything is connected, all to no avail. The only way I could get my computer to boot up was if I used my older graphics card (not the 290). I have checked the Lenovo site to see if there are any BIOS updates that I could perform, but I have not found any.  I'm relatively inexperienced in the computer building world (as you can see I bought a pre-built computer), so I am not sure where I should go from here. I do not have any other systems to try out the gpu/psu so I cannot single out what is not working. The PSU, though only 600W should be more than enough to power the GPU. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

My System Specs are as follows: i7-2600 @3.4 GHz (not overclocked); some stock Lenovo MOBO (no integrated graphics btw); ASUS R9290-4GD5; 12 GB (3x4) DDR3 RAM; Samsung Evo 120 GB; Windows 7 Home Professional 64 Bit; LG34UM95; Corsair CX600M

Note: I have posted to the community this same question before, but I had not read the guidelines for these types of posts (hehe get it "posts" and I can't POST? Okay I'll shut up) so I decided to create a new thread with more complete information. I'm sorry for double posting!

MAKE SURE, you're connecting your video cable to the GPU AND NOT to the motherboard.

"Lenghts of Snakes Match Each Silent Syllable" (PTM)

Personal Build #1 Intel i7 4790K ||Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 || Corsair H100i || 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz || Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 || 1000W EVGA PSU || Corsair Obsidian 450D  || Death Adder 2013 K70 *MX Brown*

Client Build #1 AMD FX 6300 || ASUS m5a99x EVO R2.0 || Hyper 212 Evo || 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz || MSI R9 280 Direct CU II || Corsair 500W || BitFenix Neos White 

I am sure that the modular 12V connector from the PSU is connected to the GPU and the CPU cable is connecting to the motherboard, along with the 24 PIN ATX.

do you have another desktop pc in the house

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

do you have another desktop pc in the house

I only have a mini form factor computer from 5+ years ago that's too small to even house the card :'D

what edition of the r9290 do you have

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

pull out all the ram except one stick and try it then

| AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.0GHz | Corsair A50 | MSI 990FXA GD80 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 | MSI GTX 660Ti PE 2GB | Corsair HX 750W |Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Seagate Baracuda 2x 1TB | Coolermaster 690 II Advanced  |

did you attach speakers to your build

pull out all the ram except one stick and try it then

Tried that; it did not work :/

did you attach speakers to your build

I do have speakers running through the 3.0 mm jack, but when I tried to boot the computer, they were not connected.

what edition of the r9290 do you have

ASUS Reference

Tried that; it did not work :/

I do have speakers running through the 3.0 mm jack, but when I tried to boot the computer, they were not connected.

ASUS Reference

when the speakers are connected when you power up your pc do you hear a pop

when the speakers are connected when you power up your pc do you hear a pop

There was no pop. But, interesting to note, when trying to see if there was a pop or not, I accidentally put the computer to sleep instead of shutting it down and connected the r9 290 card's pcie power connectors. When I woke the computer up (display out through my old gpu), windows automatically detected the 290 and installed drivers! However, when I try to start the system up with the display out from the 290 I get the same problem.

Should I disable my old gpu?

Just remove it.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Just remove it.

I tried that, but when I only have the R9 290 inside, I get the same fan issue where the fans go on full load and no screen appears. Interestingly enough, if I remove the pcie connections and run the card only based on the power from the motherboard, the fan issue does not happen, but I can HEAR the windows login sounds through my speakers, but can't see any picture

I tried that, but when I only have the R9 290 inside, I get the same fan issue where the fans go on full load and no screen appears. Interestingly enough, if I remove the pcie connections and run the card only based on the power from the motherboard, the fan issue does not happen, but I can HEAR the windows login sounds through my speakers, but can't see any picture

Well, the card does need auxiliary power from the psu, so that explains why you don't see anything in the screen.

As for not booting properly with everything connected, that's really strange. 

You can't even access the bios, right?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

it seems to be a problem with your output display on the r9 series card do you have another pc to put it in

Can't access anything no.  Could it be the psu that's not strong enough or faulty?Darn, I wish I had friends with a decent psu I could borrow to check this out. I think we've eliminated my motherboard not being able to support the card (since it recognized it and downloaded drivers), so alternatively, could it be the gpu itself that is faulty?

it seems to be a problem with your output display on the r9 series card do you have another pc to put it in

I do not have another pc unfortunately 

Wait a minute, did you just say that you plugged the PCIE power cable into your 290 while the system was in sleep mode ?

You should not have done that, may god have mercy on your soul

Can't access anything no.  Could it be the psu that's not strong enough or faulty?Darn, I wish I had friends with a decent psu I could borrow to check this out. I think we've eliminated my motherboard not being able to support the card (since it recognized it and downloaded drivers), so alternatively, could it be the gpu itself that is faulty?

I don't think so, honestly. 600w would be more than enough for a stock clocked r9 290 with your config.

But yeah, it may be the gpu itself. 

You really have to test it in another pc.

And you shouldn't have plugged the power supply cables into the gpu while the system was on.

try putting it in your friends pc if it doesnt post than it is a gpu problem so you shouold rma the card if it posts than it could be a psu problem

Wait a minute, did you just say that you plugged the PCIE power cable into your 290 while the system was in sleep mode ?

You should not have done that, may god have mercy on your soul

I thought that I had held the power button long enough to shut the computer off, but in actuality it only put it to sleep :'D

try putting it in your friends pc if it doesnt post than it is a gpu problem so you shouold rma the card if it posts than it could be a psu problem

Alright, I'll try to visit a tech repair shop and have them check out the card

Eh, it could actually be a problem in the amperage delivery through the rail. But it's probably just the gpu.

Eh, it could actually be a problem in the amperage delivery through the rail. But it's probably just the gpu.

Out of pure curiosity, what is the worst that could have happened when I plugged in the card when the computer was asleep? I'm not planning to do it again lol, but I would just like to know