Computer freeze

Nico1533

Hello, yesterday I bought new rams, even though the test went find doesnt hurt to buy fresh one and also changed my power supply, will let you know if the crashses persist, so far no crash

Hopefully, it stays that way.

Thou shall not abuse thy monkey, thou shall not misuse thy monkey.

So far no freezes.

great

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Nope, froze, god damnit

Did you follow the steps I listed before replacing the RAM and power supply?

Did you follow the steps I listed before replacing the RAM and power supply?

I didn't try a different motherboard, because I dont have another one and yes I did try a different pcie, other all tester also

Okay,

1) Check if your Event Viewer still getting bombarded with errors, and if so, what's causing them?

2) Check your HDD/SSD's S.M.A.R.T. status if you haven't already. Regarding the motherboard, I don't think you can test it for faults.

3) Try an even earlier driver for your GPU.

4) You also can run Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool, but I doubt it's the CPU (they tend to run well, or not at all).

5) Just in case, install Windows again from a different source. Windows probably won't install if the ISO/disc is corrupted/damage, but it's worth a try at this point. If you're going to burn an ISO, burn it at the lowest speed available.

6) Don't install anything else except the necessary drivers, use genuine games, and use more than one game for testing.

7) Don't let Windows Update install the updates automatically until you sort out the problem.

8) Disconnect everything that you don't need (USB devices, extra PCI/PCI-E cards, etc).

Okay,

1) Check if your Event Viewer still getting bombarded with errors, and if so, what's causing them?

2) Check your HDD/SSD's S.M.A.R.T. status if you haven't already. Regarding the motherboard, I don't think you can test it for faults.

3) Try an even earlier driver for your GPU.

4) You also can run Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool, but I doubt it's the CPU (they tend to run well, or not at all).

5) Just in case, install Windows again from a different source. Windows probably won't install if the ISO/disc is corrupted/damage, but it's worth a try at this point. If you're going to burn an ISO, burn it at the lowest speed available.

6) Don't install anything else except the necessary drivers, use genuine games, and use more than one game for testing.

7) Don't let Windows Update install the updates automatically until you sort out the problem.

8) Disconnect everything that you don't need (USB devices, extra PCI/PCI-E cards, etc).

I downloaded your program to test my drives, looked into it and don't really get how its work, have you ever used this program?

Run the exe file and press the S.M.A.R.T. button, if all is green then your drives are fine. Remember to check both the HDD and the SSD from the drop-down menu.

Run the exe file and press the S.M.A.R.T. button, if all is green then your drives are fine. Remember to check both the HDD and the SSD from the drop-down menu.

Ok well no error on both drives and also passed the test with the intel cpu tester.

I am trying something else, I downloaded the latest firmware for my ssd, will see how this turns out

nothing again asrock, but if your replaced everything. then you are just left with the motherboard. personally i would try and see if anyone around you are trying to sell motherboard of the same Gen. (like on kijiji or...) 

nothing again asrock, but if your replaced everything. then you are just left with the motherboard. personally i would try and see if anyone around you are trying to sell motherboard of the same Gen. (like on kijiji or...) 

What do you mean by "Nothing again ASRock" ?

What do you mean by "Nothing again ASRock" ?

I think he means "against".

I think he means "against".

Yeah probably, well I guess that's my problem? the thing is,as much as I am trying to blame it on the motherboard, I dont know if thats the cause, I am only crashing ingames, I tried a different GPU, soo my card isnt the problem, only when underload my pc is freezing and my temps are fine, I can try to log the temps, maybe there's an issue over there, but my temps overall are normal

my pc lost power out of nowhere, like I lost electricity in the house, but just in my computer.. this problem is getting out of hands

Yeah probably, well I guess that's my problem? the thing is,as much as I am trying to blame it on the motherboard, I dont know if thats the cause, I am only crashing ingames, I tried a different GPU, soo my card isnt the problem, only when underload my pc is freezing and my temps are fine, I can try to log the temps, maybe there's an issue over there, but my temps overall are normal

Try to play a game in "window mode" (if the game has that option), and watch the temps, but I think you stress tested the GPU before and it didn't crash?

Does the crashing happen with all your games?

Would it be bad to higher my ram voltage to 1.6 instead of 1.5?

Sorry, I haven't overclocked RAM before, so can't help you there.

my pc lost power out of nowhere, like I lost electricity in the house, but just in my computer.. this problem is getting out of hands

:mellow: ... did you buy a generic PSU?

Try to play a game in "window mode" (if the game has that option), and watch the temps, but I think you stress tested the GPU before and it didn't crash?

Does the crashing happen with all your games?

Sorry, I haven't overclocked RAM before, so can't help you there.

:mellow: ... did you buy a generic PSU?

this is my psu http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Weird, it's a decent PSU. So, it's not working anymore?

no no no, its working fine, my pc just keep freezing when playing games :(

I see. I can't think of anything aside the motherboard, but I can't ask you to change it just like that. Did you perform all the last set of steps I listed? Especially the operating system related ones, and did you perform a clean boot before?

I see. I can't think of anything aside the motherboard, but I can't ask you to change it just like that. Did you perform all the last set of steps I listed? Especially the operating system related ones, and did you perform a clean boot before?

I already talked to NCIX and ASRock and both asked me to RMA after tried all their tricks, thanks though

I already talked to NCIX and ASRock and both asked me to RMA after tried all their tricks, thanks though

That's good to hear. Hopefully, that'll be the end of it.

That's good to hear. Hopefully, that'll be the end of it.

Hopefully, in the mean time I cant afford a motherboard since this last purchase.. but i'm still having a hard time thinking that the problem is coming from my motherboard.