Computer freeze

Nico1533

Hello everyone, so first I would like to say hello! soo here is my problem, I bought a motherboard, graphic card and a case I will post the specs down below, installed everything, everything seemed to work fine, I installed windows 7 (64 bit) home prenium with a legit key did ALL my updates, installed my drivers, everything is up to date, after a couple of hours of gameplay my computer froze, without any error codes or anything just froze,

I was shocked at first, its my first time I build my pc soo I though I fucked everything up, soo I just waited and its happened once again after 2 hours, crashed again without any error codes or anything, now I really started freaking out, I contacted the company of my motherboard because I though its was the issue, they told me to try a couple of things

first I tried updating my BIOS, everything worked fine I didnt crash for 24 hours straight and boom, I crashed the morning after, soo I tried disabling the following  in my BIOS in the CPU configuration-> [Package C State Support], [CPU C6 State Support], [CPU C3 State Support], [Enhance Halt State (C1E)],

its seems to happen when I am loading something like alt-tabing of a video game, loading mobs. Soo I though maybe its my CPU that is overheating.. soo I bought a cooler its still crashed the morning after soo that is not the issue there, I am completly out of ideas, I even formated twice.. both time on a different drive soo if you guys have ANY idea I am accepting them, really.

What I have done so far.

Tried a different GPU, system still freeze with different gpu's

did a memtest of 10 hours, everything passed

did a prime95 test, everything passed

tried using a different nvidia drivevers, still freezing

Format AGAIN, not luck

change ram, no luck

change psu, no luck

disabling NVSTREAM.EXE from my services, no luck sadly but its did remove the millions errors from my events viewer

Bought a new motherboard and so far 1 freeze, might not be related though (http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/)

formated AGAIN on windows 8.1 64 bit this time

changing sata cables and re-applying thermal paste didnt work

removing the HDD competently didn't work.

nothing worked so far

SPECS:

Windows 7 64 bit Home penium

Motherboard: ASRock z77 Extrem3

GPU: GeFoce GTX 770 4GB Zotac

CPU: i7-2600 3.4 GHz

Memory: 8GB of DDR3 Corsair vengeance 1866MHz

Hard Drive of 1TB and a SSD (SSD is a kingston and the hard drive I am unsure)

PSU: CX750M Corsair modular

BIOS UPDATE: p1.50 (latest)

Software running when crashing: Mostly video games, Geforce experience, Chrome and steam well the usual , thats about it

#1 updated the post a bit, look cleaner

#2 updated my specs

are you using beta drivers

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i have had similar issues tell me the answer to these questions

1. have you overclocked your gpu

2. if so how far

3. if not does this only happen in games 

and 4. have you tried uninstalling the geforce experience

5. what are your gpu temps

6. what are your cpu temps

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

have you overclocked your CPU by any chance?

he hasnt he said it was at 3.4 ghz

i have had similar issues tell me the answer to these questions

1. have you overclocked your gpu

2. if so how far

3. if not does this only happen in games 

and 4. have you tried uninstalling the geforce experience

5. what are your gpu temps

6. what are your cpu temps

I tried re-installing the driver, it didnt do anything, no my GPU isnt overclocked and yes its does happen in video games. my temps have been at 37c for the CPU and 43c for the GPU ingames

have you overclocked your CPU by any chance?

No

well I'm not too familiar of reading error reports, but reading and seeing what it says, it says that the faulty application could be the Nvidia Streaming service (for streaming to their tablets like the Shield I suppose)

maybe find a way to disable that?

Do you have an overclocking utility if so how high is the core clock boosting to in games it could be that gpu boost 2.0 is making it unstable try putting the power limit higher in one of the overlocking utilities i recommend evga precision x

well I'm not too familiar of reading error reports, but reading and seeing what it says, it says that the faulty application could be the Nvidia Streaming service (for streaming to their tablets like the Shield I suppose)

maybe find a way to disable that?

Maybe since I am getting bombed by this application, but I have Shadowplay on (sorry for not reporting it above)

Do you have an overclocking utility if so how high is the core clock boosting to in games it could be that gpu boost 2.0 is making it unstable try putting the power limit higher in one of the overlocking utilities i recommend evga precision x

No I do not have a overclocking utility

turn off shadowplay and download precision x it will work with your card and it should be free

shadowplay has caused a lot of glitches and crashes for me in the past to the point that i dont use it anymore

Uninstall / disable Nvstreamservice .

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

shadowplay has caused a lot of glitches and crashes for me in the past to the point that i dont use it anymore

The thing is, it's was doing the freezes even though I didnt have shadowplay but i'll give it a shot

Uninstall / disable Nvstreamservice .

I can't find it in my computer "no items match your search"

I can't find it in my computer "no items match your search"

I don't know how is on nvidia side but when you install the driver , if you choose advanced/custom install it should let you choose what to install . Go check if I'm right , If yes uninstall old driver and install new one without nvidia stream .

> I have approximate knowledge of many things <

try upping the power limit with an gpu overclocking utility to like 106 percent and up the volts it seems like it might be factory unstable

I don't know how is on nvidia side but when you install the driver , if you choose advanced/custom install it should let you choose what to install . Go check if I'm right , If yes uninstall old driver and install new one without nvidia stream .

I will give it a try, thank's

try upping the power limit with an gpu overclocking utility to like 106 percent and up the volts it seems like it might be factory unstable

I may have to try that one if the solution that my motherboard company gave me isnt working, they told me that "2. Change CPU Voltage setting."

I will give it a try, thank's

I may have to try that one if the solution that my motherboard company gave me isnt working, they told me that "2. Change CPU Voltage setting."

you shouldn't need to do that because you havn't  overclocked your cpu right

you shouldn't need to do that because you havn't  overclocked your cpu right

My CPU is fresh and clean

yea when your add volts to your cpu your creating more heat and at stock you should be able to overclock it via multiplier without using extra volts a little bit but i would still try it. But according to your error message it seems to be gpu instability issues

yea when your add volts to your cpu your creating more heat and at stock you should be able to overclock it via multiplier without using extra volts a little bit but i would still try it. But according to your error message it seems to be gpu instability issues

Ehh, tbh that's what I though at some point if it's still crash ALOT I'm gonna put my old GPU just to see

okay if the old gpu crashes than you have a bigger problem at hand what wattage psu do you have, what motherboard

okay if the old gpu crashes than you have a bigger problem at hand what wattage psu do you have, what motherboard

Check my updated first post, everything is there

what brand psu is it it should be enough watts