Bitcoin mining and some questions

Hi friends!

I'm looking for some information and was wondering if you guys could help me out. I have mined BTC in the past and bought a bit, my questions are, is BTC still a valuable currency to invest in or is it foolish to invest? Is it worth it to mine solely with a GTX770? 

Thanks guyssss

No.

It's not worth it unless you have 60 290x in a place where you don't pay the electricity bill.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Yes, it's still valuable and is gaining acceptance in more places around the world everyday.

It's not worth it to mine on a gpu, the power consumption would cost magnitudes more than the amount mined.

There are other algorithms besides Bitcoin's SHA-256 which are more friendly towards GPU's. Though Nvidia cards mine much slower than AMD making any sort of profit above electricity difficult.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Trust Ruecan it's his specialty; But yeah AMD cards are better than Nvidias at mining by a wide wide margin, and even that is a drop in the bucket compared to an ASIC unit... but even with an ASIC you're not really guaranteed profit

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Don't mine bitcoins there are other alternatives like dogecoin and litecoin also I recommend getting some amd card or an asic miner for scypt mining.