El Gato Game Capture HD Problems

nukem

hey guys, so i picked up one of these with the intention of recording some footage off my retro consoles such as the NES / SNES/ N64 etc.

i was wondering if anyone has come across this problem, i connect my n64 up to the elgato as shown in the guide via their Component cable then into the composite RCA cable.

Then using HDMI passthrough from the elgato to my HDTV, and ofc hooking up the USB cable to my pc.

Now ive set all the correct settings in the software im pretty sure (Other Device, Composite) but in the capture screen all i get is black.. nothing else, but the passthrough to the HDTV works because i can see and play my game fine.

uninstalled and reinstalled the software a few times.. restarted my pc.. not sure what im doing wrong >_<

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC