Desks with in-built computer systems - Awesome, Not awesome, In the middle?

Came across computers in built into desks a while ago, inspired to build my own one in future (especially after seeing what I think is a pretty awesome, clean cut desk build below) , what do others think Awesome, Not awesome, In the middle? 

If anyone can find stand out advantages/ disadvantage please mention them (apart from the potential costliness :P)   

Note image below is from http://tweakers.net/gallery/45974/fotoalbum/?MapID=16028, Build by  Peter Brands

full.jpg

They're alright, but I've never seen one where I would personally copy it to the dot.

Yeah, I'd say add pure awesomeness to that list of choices. I've always loved the concept and how cool they can look if done right. Too much work for me to want to build one though, but one can dream x'D

If I were to do one, it would be a corner desk, but the actual computer would not be right under where the peripherals go, it would be to the right a bit so there it is a primarily wooden desk and the computer would be a side feature

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

If done right they look great. But portability is not feasible. You for LANs and whatnot. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

They look pretty awesome but at the same time that is also their detriment. Personally, I'd be too distracted by the parts while gaming, even if LEDs are off it would just look a bit messy and distracting.

Really cool idea though and I like the idea of modding the desk to create wind channels for better air cooling.

They look pretty awesome but at the same time that is also their detriment. Personally, I'd be too distracted by the parts while gaming, even if LEDs are off it would just look a bit messy and distracting.

Really cool idea though and I like the idea of modding the desk to create wind channels for better air cooling.

Yes completely agree with you in terms of the LED lights interfering though maybe dimming them might help with that, the air cooling potential and flexibility is pretty broad (dependent on how you choose to lay it out as well as the size of the desk), wind channel concept is pretty cool idea  ;)

If done right they look great. But portability is not feasible. You for LANs and whatnot. 

Who said? Plug some wheels on the desk, hire a mini van (unless you own one), and buy/make a ramp to get it in and out of the van ... simple :P 

If I were to do one, it would be a corner desk, but the actual computer would not be right under where the peripherals go, it would be to the right a bit so there it is a primarily wooden desk and the computer would be a side feature

I considered that, regarding the peripherals blocking the view of computer below, I think I would also want draws either side so maybe have like a t-shape zone in the desk to accommodate for the system

They are cool but too much work / money

Yeah, I'd say add pure awesomeness to that list of choices. I've always loved the concept and how cool they can look if done right. Too much work for me to want to build one though, but one can dream x'D

xD That's the major snag money and work .... but it would be worth saving up for, plus the satisfaction of completing such a project and having it made unique to you is pretty sweet

I'd like to build one, one day, but only if I owned a house. Moving with a desk like that look to be a major pain in the butt and since I have trust issues, I wouldn't be able to just let some moving company handle it, chances are, they will break everything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro