Onkyo TX-SR313 OR Pioneer VSX-822-K First AV Reciever

I am looking at these two receivers. I like that the Panasonic supports DLNA, but the Onkyo is a bit cheaper.

Any advice?

Around $250 is my budget 

Thanks

Both good brands. DNLA in a receiver is nice if it's all you've got, but if you have another device to browse and stream media on, then extra DNLA would be a bit redundant. I've never used Pioneer's DNLA interface so I don't know how it measures up to other devices like a console or a Roku. It may feel less responsive to use or support fewer codecs for example - something to look into if it's going to be a feature if you use all the time.

Both good brands. DNLA in a receiver is nice if it's all you've got, but if you have another device to browse and stream media on, then extra DNLA would be a bit redundant. I've never used Pioneer's DNLA interface so I don't know how it measures up to other devices like a console or a Roku. It may feel less responsive to use or support fewer codecs for example - something to look into if it's going to be a feature if you use all the time.

I forgot I have an asus cube google tv and a chrome cast, I will just use those and it will be able to do video too :)

thanks for your reply 

I am looking at these two receivers. I like that the Panasonic supports DLNA, but the Onkyo is a bit cheaper.

Any advice?

Around $250 is my budget 

Thanks

I suggest going for the Pioneer if you are unsure. The MCACC will make it easier to setup for the first timer, and will give you some form of automatic speaker/room correction. It is now selling for $199 at the Pioneer website (without shipping). 

Would this be for your PC? Just remember that the HDMI inputs of both your options would probably not support anything more than 1080p/60.

If you don't need DLNA, the VSX-524-K is also worth a look. This one gets HDMI 2.0 connections for 4k/60 support.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed a 824K pioneer for friend with some kef eggs and it is fantastic i would highly recommend it. He also love the airplay feature.

I had an onkyo that I had for many years and has given me no trouble. However, it does not have HDMI ports (it's that old) and, from what I understand, onkyo has been known to have issues with those burning out in a relatively short period of time.

I recently was making similar decisions in that price range, and the Pioneer wound up being what I decided was the better receiver. I was working at best buy at the time, so I went with a marantz because of the discounts that we had, but without that, the pioneer 824 or maybe the 1124 would have been what I went with.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC