My Logitech G402 Has Arrived - hands on review and comparison inside!

Parts List:

CPU: Intel i7-4770K - Micro Center

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Impact - Micro Center

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb (2x8gb) DDR3 1866mhz Cas 9 - Corsair - Already had for "reasons"...

GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 GAMING ITX - Newegg - And ASUS still doesnt have their ITX 760 out...

SSD: Intel 530 Series 180GB M.2 (SSDSCKGW180A401) - Newegg - So hard to find!

WiFi+BT : Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (7260HMW) - Newegg - Should have already been included >.>

HDD:

TABTAB 2x Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB (WD7500BPKT) - Newegg - Already had previously

TABTAB 2x Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB (WD7500BPKX) - Newegg - Shell Shocker!!!

PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-520w Fanless (SS-520FL) - Newegg - OMG, No Fan!

Case: Lian-Li PC-TU200B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower - Newegg - My own personal Nuclear Football.

HDD Hotswap Bay: ICY DOCK ToughArmor 4x2.5" SATA HDD/SSD Hot Swap Mobile Rack (MB994SP-4SB-1) - Newegg - Full Metal!

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake WATER 2.0 Pro AIO Cooler - Newegg - 48.8mm Thick Goodness!

Fans:

• 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon High Speed 3000rpm (D1225C12B7AP-29) - FrozenCPU - Wanted 5400rpm but no beans :(
  • Prolimatech 140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan (PRO-USV14) - FrozenCPU - A perfect fit ;)
  • 2x Sunon MagLev 40mm 5800rpm Vapo bearing Fan - FrozenCPU - More control than on or off.
Fan Accessories:

TABTAB Bitspower Low Profile 140mm To 120mm Fan Adapter (BP-FA140120-BK) - FrozenCPU

TABTAB Phobya Shroud & Decoupling Gasket 120mm - FrozenCPU

TABTAB Nexus BeamAir 120mm - Amazon

TABTAB Generic 120mm Black Fan Grill - FrozenCPU - Didnt match picture for the better.

TABTAB 2x Akasa PWM Extension Fan Cable 300mm (AK-CBFA01-30) - FrozenCPU - Taming the "Gentle" Typhoons

TABTAB Phobya Fan Y Cable Splitter 3-Pin to 4x 3-Pin UV Red - Frozen CPU - Powering the Pretty O.o

Case Accessories:

TABTAB 4x Phobya FlexLight High Density 36 Count LED Light Strip 30cm Red (83124) - FrozenCPU - "Improvised" Power LED

TABTAB MNPCTech Pro Line Billet Aluminum Case Feet Diamond Knurl Black - FrozenCPU - Backordered >:-[

TABTAB MNPCTech Pro Line Billet Aluminum Case Feet Diamond Knurl Silver - FrozenCPU - had to settled on these but it turned out for the better.

Peripherals: PLANTRONICS GameCom Commander OEM - Newegg - Shell Shocker?

If you want to know more about the parts like why I choose something or where/how its being used please ask and I will give you the best explanation I can.

Links are from the places I bought the items not necessarily the best or cheapest place for you to do so. Please seek them out at your favorite retailers.

The first thing i noticed right away is that there were quite a few reviews that said it had a thin cable and also knocked it for not being a braided cable. When they said thin I immediately expected the cheap chintzy cable that came on the G400s and its predecessors but that isnt the case at all. The cable is a decently but yet quite flexible without being too lightweight. its not the braided cable that the G502 has but its significantly better than most companies super stiff braided cables. Another nice things is that they kept the longer strain relief that the G502 had but improved it by making it a bit more flexible.

You have typo problem in your text.

"but that is the case at all"

I think you meant it to be "this isn't the case at all"

Otherwise as an owner of a G502... I don't really have any use for this information.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

You have typo problem in your text.

"but that is the case at all"

I think you meant it to be "this isn't the case at all"

Otherwise as an owner of a G502... I don't really have any use for this information.

thanks for the correction

I think you might still be interested in the comparison. These mice mirror each other quite well but there are some definite differences that I would actually boil down to personal preference more than anything else.

Something I noticed right away was that the whole left side of the mouse was rubberized as well as right side where your fingers grip. This rubber is not as soft as what is on the G502 and it lacks the coarse fine texture etched in. This is something that I prefer as the texture on the G502 has gotten filed in dirt, grease, and oil from everyday use which. I doubt this will happen on the G402 for the thumb region due to the smooth surface. On the right side there are very defined lines that create ridges. For me, when I have two fingers on the right side, these make it much easier to pick up than the softer rubber and texture on the G502.

How does the G402 compare with other mice in its price bracket ,does it feel worse/better than the G502? Also do you find the side buttons easy to reach .

How does the G402 compare with other mice in its price bracket ,does it feel worse/better than the G502? Also do you find the side buttons easy to reach .

perfectly as it offers basically everything the G502 does. hows it feel is a matter of personal preference. After using the G402 for a week now i really wish that the G502 was a bit wider. There is one thing about the G402 the is a ridge on the right side that your fingers go under that I think goes just a bit too far back. The side buttons are easy enough to reach though I feel like im stretching just a bit to hit the top 2 but it not uncomfortable. only reason I notice this is because the front top one on the G502 you barely even have to move to press. The back top on on the G402 is considerably easier to hit but i still wouldnt use it as a "active" button in games (one you use very regularly).