Corsair Graphite 780T

looks one hell of a lot better then the 600t, But I'd still rather pick up a more professional looking case like a 650d or a define r4

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

If i were in the market for a case this would definitely be on the list the only thing I don't like is the price.

"hardware dwarfism" sounds like my 700D LOL :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Lol! George there totally looks like Mr Evil from some cheesy Action flick :D

Anyway, although it seems to be a good case I like the design of the 600t or the 760t a lot more than this. I don't like the edges on the frontpanel, as well as the plasticky looks of the optical drive covers compared to the 600t (for some reason that doesn't bother me at all on the 760t). I don't know, the fact that it has so many edges and how the upper and lower sides of the case are formed differently makes it look too gimmicky and a bit cheap for me. I generally prefer a cleaner, more symmetrical, yet not entirely featureless look. My favourite case designs are still the Xigmatek Aquila and the Corsair 760t.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Hi,

I absolutely love this case and have been waiting for it for a long time, sadly to see Corsair let the standards fall like Linus mentioned, you'd expect a company like them to live up to their reputation. Anyway, all of that aside I still love the case, just wish it didn't have that plastic effect. I was wondering if anyone knows if this case and the 760T comes with the key to lock your case like the 600T had included, since I didn't see this in any review, photos or articles I was curious to about whether Corsair included this since it's the 600T's "successor", if not that would be disappointing. Thanks :)

So, this is the case i have been waiting for, been waiting for just this case because i want an upgrade now that ive gone full water cooling.

I agree with linus on the fact that the psu should have had a cover. but linus please got over the case more i watched yours first but eneded up prefering HardwareCanucks it was so much more in detail and i learnt so many more things baout it from thers then yours yours made me not want the case where afer watching theres and thinking off what i could do i will be getting it

Is it only me who's bothered with 'hard drive' being used only for HDDs?

And SSD is a drive and it's hard ( as opposed to floppy), so it is a hard drive.

I suspect the answer to my question is 'yes', but still...

Not a bad lookin case IMO.. but I am kinda of partial to the Obsidian line of Corsair cases.  Wonder where the 850D is hiding.  :P

The Rig:

All Switched UP | NZXT Switch 810 | Intel i9-9900k @ 5.2GHz | ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi | Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX860i PSU | Full Custom Watercooling EK/XSPC | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G502 | BenQ XL2430T 24" 144Hz LCD | Mayflower o2+ ODAC | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones | Antlion Modmic 5

I like the look of the case but as time goes on I'm getting less and less "impressed" by Corsair's pricing of their cases. There used to be a time when the premium you paid for Corsair meant you were getting a very well built, strong case. Now that some other manufactures have stepped up their game and some new faces have jumped in at competitive prices these Corsair cases still seem decent but the flaws are more apparent and the build quality is no longer all that impressive at the price points they want.

Liked the way the case looks, but the way the side panels fit seems to be just plain sloppy. 

The 760T looked great and very premium. The 780T however, seems to have large, uneven gaps around the door, especially at the bottom of the door.

It has more improvements than the 600T.  Good job Linus.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I think I will use this case for my X99 upgrade next year. Just waiting to see how the reviews on the 5820/5930 CPUs end up to , I am leaning towards the 5820. As always nice and honest review Linus.

• 3 weeks later...

the lack of base separation also got on my nerves with the 900D, ended up buying a second front paddle (the brush aluminum panel covering the front fans) and cutting it down to fit. 

looks 10 times better but should have been included! 

1240648_10201232834396075_706418789_n.jp

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

• 1 month later...

Youtube comments gave me cancer, every second one is giving linus shit for throwing an ssd and more ram in there even though he says its not for gaming power but for user expierence..

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 660t and can't wait to get the 780t, next week I'm buying one of these bad boys

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

• 5 months later...

I just really wish that they made this case in a Mid-tower form factor with all of the same features like water cooling support and drive cages and cable routing, but just scaled down to where I could use it on a desktop. I love my CM 431 Plus for its size and how much I can stuff in there just want something newer that natively supports water cooling and has some white in it...

• 4 months later...

Yay finally! 

Your freaking header at the bottom

"learn how to troll link was fake"

nice one legit got me xD

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

• 3 years later...