NZXT H440 with 2 radiators setup

pepporony
Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

Hey guys.

I've been browsing the web for the NZXT H440 2 rads setup and got some questions.

When we do the 2 rads setup, 360mm front/240mm top, both rads will be exhaust the hot air out on the top/front correct?

Doesn't that leave only 1 rear fan to do the intake, pulling fresh air into the case? Is this enough? or when we do the Water Cooling, we don't need the intake fan anymore?

Did I miss something?

Front intake, rear/top exhaust. 

360mm rad up to exhausting, and 3 fans and a 240mm rad up front as an intake. 

Hey guys.

I've been browsing the web for the NZXT H440 2 rads setup and got some questions.

When we do the 2 rads setup, 360mm front/240mm top, both rads will be exhaust the hot air out on the top/front correct?

Doesn't that leave only 1 rear fan to do the intake, pulling fresh air into the case? Is this enough? or when we do the Water Cooling, we don't need the intake fan anymore?

Did I miss something?

Hey guys.

Did I miss something?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Thank you for the quick answer!

So.. the front will be 

- 3 fans (attached to the case) intake.

- 240mm rad - pull

and the top will be 360mm rad - pull - exhausting and the rear fan exhausting.

Hey guys.

Did I miss something?

Dont ever put a rad as intake without a fan filter (just saying) or else good luck cleaning the dust out :P

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I'm new to the WC and this is the reason why at first I thought both rads will be exhausting. I thought the air that came out of rad will be hot and should be exhaust out of the case, not in.

Dont ever put a rad as intake without a fan filter (just saying) or else good luck cleaning the dust out :P

The front of the H440 has a filter. 

I'm new to the WC and this is the reason why at first I thought both rads will be exhausting. I thought the air that came out of rad will be hot and should be exhaust out of the case, not in.

It will be hotter...but not really hot. A rad as an intake is fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

you should do 360mm front intake, 240mm top exhaust that way you end up with positive pressure.

your rear exhaust maybe keep it off at idle and low rpm at load.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

The H440 comes with front fan filter, it helps a lot but if you mount rad as intake, you still need to take it off and clean it at some point.

Since you already spent time and effort to watercool and you must check leaking and maintain your blocks anyway.  I suppose taking off rads every 3~6 months isn't gonna be an issue to you.

I do front 360mm rad intake, top 280 rad outtake and rear outtake as well.

Your fans (CFM/SP) will largely determine whether the whole case turn positive or negative pressure.

As for your rear fan.  I always do Exhaust just because that way it looks better.  

I have a h440 as well. I am using a x61 at the top exhaust to cool my i5 CPU. If I water cooled my gpu which one should I get? X61 At the front again or a x41? Or something else...