iSwitched to Firefox!

NeatSquidYT

I'm apparently the only person in the world who uses Chrome and Firefox (vanilla and Waterfox) interchangeably.

So I really do not understand the flame war between the two. Each browser is excellent for doing it's own set of tasks.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I use FireFox for general browsing and Chrome for YouTube, mainly because of the better HTML5 support on chrome. Otherwise you end up loosing where you were in a tabbed video because flash decided it would crash for no reason.

In my experience, all internet browsers are terrible in one way or another.

Linus and Slick think so too, they seem to bring it up almost every WAN Show.

I've been using both on and off because I use my laptop daily and the all mighty dual core APU can't handle chrome.

I'd say I like both equally. Though the download bar of chrome can go to hell and the scrolling in waterfox can also go.

Use pale moon, scrolling is better than waterfox.

You people have weird bookmarks.

I don't see the point in bookmarking sites with short urls that I could type quicker :P

QeKkMN4.png

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I've been using Chrome since 2011, but before that I always used Firefox. The reason I switched was beacause Firefox was leaving behind by Chrome, but then the other day I dowloaded again firefox and it was beautiful, really nice and sleek. I love it. But the thing is that is diffcult to me to completely switch because my google account is linked to a lot of devices, then I keep using Chrome everywhere except my home pc.

I personally use the Opera browser just because I have for a while and needed to while I was entranced by this online game. I personally like Firefox as well and would be using it if I was not so used to Opera. Opera is nice and speedy when I need it to be and is also very clean and organized. All I could ask for from a browser. I do like the customization of Chrome however. Peaceeee

I am so used to chrome. It has all my bookmarks, and it so easy to log in to Gmail and other services. EDIT: I mean on other PC's. All my bookmarks just follow me to the PC I log onto.

I don't see the point, I am far too used to chrome to benefit from any possible improvements.

Firefox has Sync, which I just started using, I am only using it to share bookmarks, I just don't want to put my saved passwords up anywhere on a  server.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

I switched to Pale Moon x64 about 2 weeks ago and I'm never going back to Firefox, Pale Moon feels easier to use and the GUI makes sense.

Version 25 will be VERY interesting!

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

I LOVE firefox, but it's so easy to login to your google account on ANY pc and have all your bookmarks and everything you need right there, it really is the only reason i use Chrome, oh, and also managing tabs, i'm so used to chrome, i'd have to get used to firefox again :P (talking about dragging one tab from one screen to the other between 2 different windows) 

You can drag tabs in firefox too :P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Firefox has Sync, which I just started using, I am only using it to share bookmarks, I just don't want to put my saved passwords up anywhere on a  server.

Ehch. I might give it a try at some point, last time I tried it it was acting up from the start, no errors but it was sort of janky. There was a delay between pressing the button to open a tab and the tab opening. The browser would hang now and then. I know it wasn't FF but something else messing with FF, still I don't have a use for a new browser. 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Ehch. I might give it a try at some point, last time I tried it it was acting up from the start, no errors but it was sort of janky. There was a delay between pressing the button to open a tab and the tab opening. The browser would hang now and then. I know it wasn't FF but something else messing with FF, still I don't have a use for a new browser. 

I had the same issues with Waterfox the 64bit version of FF for some reason, It also crashed on me a lot in FF but adding some memory to my systems from 4 to 8 seems to have solved it, I still have both Chrome and FF installed, because hey, both suck at different things and I am not a fan boy so gonna use the one that let's me do what I want, but I do prefer Firefox, mainly because It's not Google's. Don't wanna be too dependent on them

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

I've used Firefox as my daily driver for years, but I've barely ever had real issues with it (outside of Flash Player), can anyone tell me what these issues are? That being said I haven't had any serious issues with Chrome either, although I use it less.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

The only thing I miss from Chrome is the voice control, like Google Now for Android.
If that would be implemented in Firefox it would be the perfect browser!

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

I LOVE firefox, but it's so easy to login to your google account on ANY pc and have all your bookmarks and everything you need right there, it really is the only reason i use Chrome, oh, and also managing tabs, i'm so used to chrome, i'd have to get used to firefox again :P (talking about dragging one tab from one screen to the other between 2 different windows) 

Or you could just setup sync like I did.